[Important] Open Beta Delayed

InsaneHawk

@xxraidxxI think you have absolutely no idea how servers work. To make a server that everyone can join, there needs to be a stable server with the least amount of bugs possible. What’s the point of everyone joining if the server will crash within 30s?

You want things that are not reasonable at all for your selfish reasons, if you really love and support this game then please have some patience 

Edited by Ultrakool

"Oh look, I have a car with only base skeleton and an engine, wanna take your family for a test ride?"

People have right to doubt and have right on their own opinion, just as much as I have to write my responses the way I write them.

Eventually, all those doubters and haters will come to play the game as there is no other solution so far on the Net.

Edited by fiki574
savumorso, KROMPIR and Lotte2525 like this

1 hour ago, Mithrandir said:

Will the closed beta accounts get reset when the open beta starts?

Or will there only  be the big reset after the whole beta phase?

Sure as hell hope they get reset, otherwise some will have a much larger collection than others, effectively making the initial pvp games quite one-sided.

P.S. Really pumped for this shit, good job to all contributers.
Game stopped for me when I came across videos of ppl cheating and realizing how often this happened, hope to never see such stuff again.
I never spent any money on it since I didn't have that much back then and I remember the moment I finally saved/earned enough to buy the shaman.

Edited by Wychor
savumorso likes this

But even I can understand some desperate people.
How many times has the Open Beta been announced and repeatedly postponed?
Such a date is not set for no reason, because you think it's all good so far, and then something happens again where you say: We postpone another month.
And that can go on forever.
I do not even believe that the beta starts at the end of February.
From where I know this? Well, experience :)
Therefore, it remains for me to wait and donate.
I myself then feel like kidding again, but that's just my opinion and is not meant to be evil.
Nevertheless, I wish all of us the best and hope that we all can play soon without end.

On the bright side people more space for us with the possible uplift in people on the black list haha. I tell you what it does amaze me looking at some posts its just so childish " i think this is crap" no its not "then your all stupid" i mean Jesus Christ get a grip. there are people putting so much effort in bringing this game back. Is it taking a while? Yes of course it is it it taking an unreasonable amount of time? Not even close Fiki and the whole team are doing what they can and its better than almost anyone els on here could do (might be someone but i doubt it) So shut up and let them get on with it.

No one from the staff has said it will be released on Feb 28th. It says on the front page 'best case scenario', it's better to not expect and just be patient. They will release the open beta when it is ready to be released, hopefully at the end of february yes, but it may be March, or even April. Who knows? It doesn't sound like there is many bugs or problems left to fix, but new ones could pop up at any time.

9 hours ago, fiki574 said:

Once? 

No, it's not just the first time. According to several other websites like PCGames etc. it has been postponed once before.

46 minutes ago, Wychor said:

So are people just pessimistic or has the expected date for the open beta actually been pushed beyond feb 28th?

I'll give you a big bet, which is also this (possible) date once again postponed.
Of course there can always be something that will be postponed again.
But that makes you angry again and again.
Because in my eyes it looks different.
Because the date only for a month to move and always, looks like it is still far from finished, but they want to let the hype above.

This is not meant to be evil, because I'm looking forward to it too.

Since there are some misconceptions here, let me try to clear this up once and for all. @Lotte2525 The Date for Open Beta has been delayed exactly once. No matter what has been said by PCGames or any other game news website. Fiki is not asking you by the way, hes telling you. And you go and contradict a staff member by quoting some news websites? Not cool. The first  date for Open Beta was announced for Jan 30, which was way too optimistic and was postponed to a BEST CASE SCENARIO. I really don't understand the mentality of getting angry and angry if dates are postponed, its just due to the nature of this project. It has been said before many times, this is a FREE project. Many factors affect development speed. Such as the private lives and jobs of the developers which will naturally always come first. Due to this if it so happens that we get lucky, devs get a lot of free time and we are lucky to not run into many bugs, the Best Case Date is always still possible. The only moment when it becomes clear that it is definitely not possible is very close to the date itself. It is not a

1 hour ago, Lotte2525 said:

date only for a month to move and always, looks like it is still far from finished, but they want to let the hype above.

How can you say things like they are "still far from finished" if you don't even know the extensive scope of development progress? Do you think that its a good idea now to not give any date at all then?

I understand that it can be frustrating but for once if you could look at this from the developers point of view. They are doing this all for free on their own free time on their own free will and really all any of us have to do is try to be positive, and patient. That's all.

Edited by Ultrakool
fiki574, Alphbet, Alstar and 5 others like this

I'm not a human who makes it all bad.
On the contrary, I think that this project is revived is a pleasure for me.
And now comes the two dashing sword.
Now an appointment has been scheduled, but only with Best Scenario.
This will arouse a hype in most cases and many think that this could be flipping. And if not, the disappointment is the greater.
But the other side is that with the word "Best Scenario" you leave something open which you could still act with.
What also thinking with what: That does not work with the date anyway.

I said in this case that this is my personal opinion:
It will not work out by the end of February.
And many will agree with me.

I can wait and donate with Patreon.

Edited by Lotte2525

can't wait! i just read for like 2hours about cards and the progress of your work, just to remind me what it was like back in the days to play BF. Thanks for bringing this back to life and i hope it comes live soon! best wishes from Finland :)

ps. take your time i will play anyway when it's out :D

Edited by savumorso

childrens childrens just be pationt i even once waited over 2 years for a game after official 1. relesasdate and it was worth the wait. in that time they made the game more stable with little to no bugs and in the end it only released 2 patches in total. for me thats a way better solution than lunching a game that isnt realy rdy and then add patch after patch and even after over 250+ patch the game isnt stable at all (look ARK).

a game that runs smooth without many delays or laags is just a so much better expirience and make way more fun to play than one where u have to wait 5 sec every move. 

siply said: the more time u wait now the less time u wait during gameplay. i dont know what u guy like but if i watch a movie i will that it runn smooth from start to end without waiting inbeween to load a bit more. 

and to all the negative posters in here u may now blow some steam but in the end when the game is out even u will play it and may never ever again writhe a single post. so instead of trashtalk writh it on a piece of paper and throw it in the trash, that will help the dev team way more and saving time that they can use to programm and not have to explain it to u cause they are so kind.

SunWu likes this

10 hours ago, Lotte2525 said:

No, it's not just the first time. According to several other websites like PCGames etc. it has been postponed once before. 

Lol, yes it was the first time, care to link me to the article that mentiones a delay that I, lead developer of this project, am not aware of? Mandella effect maybe? 

3 hours ago, Asraiel said:

a game that runs smooth without many delays or laags is just a so much better expirience and make way more fun to play

siply said: the more time u wait now the less time u wait during gameplay.

Yes, too bad more people dont understand this - longer you wait, better experience you get.