[Important] Open Beta Delayed

InsaneHawk

I can only hope that they will eventually manage it by the end of February.
Because currently they are fighting another small problem.
Unfortunately, I can not say more about that. Who wants to know more can see this under Patreon if you donate 5dollar (or more). there you can look Dev update.

Let me tell you something...

I've been in the shoes of those developers, working so hard to revive our favorite game. Kinda.

Whenever you feel so close to solving a problem, at least 3 more emerge. Re-writing a server-side client in another language, while it seems doable is not an easy task. Those estimates are unreal. It is just not doable in the spans mentioned, If those guys manage to do that- I'll applaud them. I do not want to break the hype, but the winter release will be followed by the spring one. If it was meant to be done it should happen over an year span. 

I actually don't believe that those devs are able to pull this stuff. So young and lacking experience... They are giving us false hopes. I predict that nothing will be playable, except the forge in the next 2 years. I know how those things work and this is just a masquerade. I am grateful for the effort put into it, but I just believe that we'll get what is promised in the days to come. 

Karl Jakobis likes this

12 hours ago, Fotti said:

I've been in the shoes of those developers, working so hard to revive our favorite game. Kinda.

Whenever you feel so close to solving a problem, at least 3 more emerge. Re-writing a server-side client in another language, while it seems doable is not an easy task. Those estimates are unreal. It is just not doable in the spans mentioned, If those guys manage to do that- I'll applaud them. I do not want to break the hype, but the winter release will be followed by the spring one. If it was meant to be done it should happen over an year span. 

I actually don't believe that those devs are able to pull this stuff. So young and lacking experience... They are giving us false hopes. I predict that nothing will be playable, except the forge in the next 2 years. I know how those things work and this is just a masquerade. I am grateful for the effort put into it, but I just believe that we'll get what is promised in the days to come. 

I do not think so much that there will be an open beta at the end of Frebruary, after all, she has postponed the start ever.
Sure, we always make small bugs, but they get fixed.
Also, I'm confident that it could go soon, after all, every day new Close Beta tester invited.
The only thing that will be difficult are the numbers of the players and the server.
Currently 16000 are registered in the forum.
But if you look at how many close beta testers there are, it's hard to imagine how the server will cope with holding such a mass and playing games.

@Fotti I’m sorry you feel that way. It’s a rather pessimistic approach to things though. I’m not questioning your  experiences on similar projects but you really underestimate our developers.

Sure, some might be young but they are really all very dedicated to recreate this game server, even though as I’m sure you know this is a free project.

@fiki574 deserves some special mention as since he joined he has continually put in a lot of work on this project and without him we would never be where we are now. @Bolrader is another dev with a job and more experience in reverse engineering and he is making major progress on the server.

Basically, all the skills and determination of the devs is 100% there, the only limiting factor is time and as with projects like this( free, UNPAID ones)a persons actual job or responsibilities take priority, yielding development to come in bursts. 

I totally disagree with your prediction of 2 years it seems you are either very misinformed or very pessimistic. We are going very fast with the project in the new server and bolrader even tested games local server and it works. 

So, if you can’t stay optimistic yourself, that’s fine, just please don’t spread false pessimism when you are so misinformed.

Edited by Ultrakool

@Fotti

"I've been in the shoes of those developers, working so hard to revive our favorite game." - Proof or didn't happen

"I actually don't believe that those devs are able to pull this stuff. So young and lacking experience..." - Young yes, lacking experience? No. I'm 8 years in programming business so argument invalid.

"I predict that nothing will be playable, except the forge in the next 2 years." - How so when there were so much testers playing and streaming stuff from old server?

I'd like to see you reverse engineer a game completely, then code a server counterpart for it, then make an application that can edit game files you didn't have a clue about how they work. Oh, and make it all in timespan of 2.5 years. The amount of work I've put into this is immense, I won't tolerate anyone bashing my 2.5 years work.

As @Ultrakool said and this may sound arrogant, if there wasn't for me you'd still be stuck with dev updates regarding old C# server, let alone have a new version rewrite at the point it is currently. If I snap, quit and don't come back, you won't be able to play this game until 2020 so be grateful. Point me to a project or game studio that has weekly updates as we have and is involved with their community as we are. That's what I thought, you can't, so be sure you collectively don't mess up whole staff<>players relationship.

Edited by fiki574
Eirias, KROMPIR, DuellLord and 16 others like this

15 hours ago, Fotti said:

Didn't knew a pile of **** could be that long.

Edited by fiki574
Deadman likes this

4 hours ago, fiki574 said:

@Fotti

"I've been in the shoes of those developers, working so hard to revive our favorite game." - Proof or didn't happen

"I actually don't believe that those devs are able to pull this stuff. So young and lacking experience..." - Young yes, lacking experience? No. I'm 8 years in programming business so argument invalid.

"I predict that nothing will be playable, except the forge in the next 2 years." - How so when there were so much testers playing and streaming stuff from old server?

I'd like to see you reverse engineer a game completely, then code a server counterpart for it, then make an application that can edit game files you didn't have a clue about how they work. Oh, and make it all in timespan of 2.5 years. The amount of work I've put into this is immense, I won't tolerate anyone bashing my 2.5 years work.

As @Ultrakool said and this may sound arrogant, if there wasn't for me you'd still be stuck with dev updates regarding old C# server, let alone have a new version rewrite at the point it is currently. If I snap, quit and don't come back, you won't be able to play this game until 2020 so be grateful. Point me to a project or game studio that has weekly updates as we have and is involved with their community as we are. That's what I thought, you can't, so be sure you collectively don't mess up whole staff<>players relationship.

PogChamp, Fiki coming out with the guns! Pew pew pew :mo:

You're doing an awesome job Fiki, keep it up mate. The majority of this community appreciates your work, especially with all the stress your under with your education also. I hope those exams went well, and if there are more to come I am sure you'll smash em! Good luck! 

And for all the other team members out there, your work is invaluable also.  It makes me extremely happy that you guys stuck with this for the longest time as a project. You are making a lot of people happy, and I hope you find happiness in that too.
Here have a cookie :cookie:

17 hours ago, Fotti said:

Well that's a dumb thing to say, given that they managed to make the game perfectly playable months ago on the old C# server. Yes, they've had to somewhat restart by changing the code, but it's also a big improvement in the process, and the progress recently has been faster than I've seen it in the 18 months or so that I've watched this place.

Sick of the devs being given this kind of pessimism from people who aren't living the task they're trying to achieve for free, because they care. Go check out Twitch, proof is there that it will work. In the meantime, devs, the rest of us salute you and want you to take all the time you need to make the game properly and have successful personal lives at the same time.

Alphbet, Lotte2525, Burlia and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Lotte2525 said:

Is there already any knowledge if you could meet the deadline until possibly the end of February?

Maybe you got that wrong, but there is no Deadline. If everything goes perfect open beta starts with March, Gotta be patient  :)

On 13.02.2018 at 9:13 AM, Fotti said:

Honestly, any sane person should think like him.   To give this person access to beta would be a good idea.

2 hours ago, xxraidxx said:

Honestly, any sane person should think like him.   To give this person access to beta would be a good idea.

Not sure if sarcasm, troll, or duplicate account...

No, I can't be bothered to create the Fry image macro to go with this.

Ironshaduw likes this

28 minutes ago, Archeon said:

Not sure if sarcasm, troll, or duplicate account...

No, I can't be bothered to create the Fry image macro to go with this.

I'm quite serious, and not troll/dupl.

On 13.02.2018 at 10:22 PM, fiki574 said:

@Fotti

i like BF and i wait OBt, chek forum every day.   "Fotti"  That dude has the right to doubt.  I generally think that it would be a good solution  for a one day to include a server for everyone.

Let them fall in 1-2 hours, but people will see that you guys are doing the work. This will definitely cause great support from the community.

I have experience playing pirated MMO servers. They constantly has problems, but people continue to play there. So many people here do not write but do not understand why you have not run obt (my think).

Thank for understand =)

Of course anyone has the right to doubt... but even if the open beta starts later or not at all its not like you can complain. They do this for free, so its kind of a joke that you are making any demands, they do not owe you anything....

Edited by Showaren2

Well it does not seem to be free either.
After all, the server costs money.
We can only guess how much, but that does not matter at first.
Of course they do it for free, but if they did not get any donations, the expenses would be immensely high for everyone involved.
Therefore, I can only say: As long as donations are made monthly to cover the costs, so long will the server and the game remain and of course start soon...

well big thanks to all that worked on the project, from initiator over devs and testers. i geuss if one ore 2 peoples in those 3 categroys would have been missing in the past 2,5+ years the open beta would never be that close. and of corse as well to the familys and life's that had to give those peoples away from time to time.

@fiki574  i hope u regain some of the lost weight and maybe ur avatar reveel its true face =D

Edited by Asraiel

12 hours ago, xxraidxx said:

Ok! thanks for coments, i think you are stupid bb!

There is no Need to Insult People just because they dont share your opinion :)

I also don't think that your idea is a good one at this Point. There is only a Little amount of People that doubt that this devteam will make it in the next months. all the others are hyped and fully supporting and Standing behind the devteam.

So there is no Need to "Show off", because the ones that inform themselves already know how good they are progressing.