[Important] Open Beta Delayed

InsaneHawk

It's sad to hear, but very understandable! 

Take care of your health and the exams!  That's more important :) and good luck with your exams! 

We can wait a little bit longer ;) the game was away for a few years...  You make it possible for us that we can play it again!  So don't feel sorry! 

Edited by Kitten
Failed spelling xD

22 hours ago, InsaneHawk said:

• You'll be able from now to pre-download the client, and we finally after a lot of discussion decided to give the client here on the forum ourselves. Want to pre-download it ? You can use Mediafire or MEGA to download it! (You cannot start the game right now, you'll have to wait for open beta, and the release of our launcher to make it work.)

But finally we gonna download it again in the full package?

1 minute ago, InsaneHawk said:

This is the client we're giving, it won't change. You can't start the game since you don't have our launcher, once you'll have it, using this client, you'll be able to play.

Ye but it will be possible to download the launcher without the full data package that we downloaded.

It's a double win situation. The game will be less buggy, and possibly the phase 2 stuff can be skipped. That little time we have to wait doesnt really matter.

@fiki574 Dude, I can imagine that it must suck to be kinda ill when you have to study/take exams. Get better soon!

And good luck to anyone who has to do any exams!

I am really looking forward to play again but i have more respect of the effort you are investing into this project and the real life stuff.

As a student as well i can completely understand that exams and stuff like that has a higher priority. 

I cant really imagine to work on such a huge thing beside my studium and you guys have my full understanding.

Actually, i thought about helping you guys out a couple of times but unfortunately my programming skills are limited to Python and i have no clue of reverse engineering, so sorry.

Just take the time you need, ignore the haters and we will be waiting patiently the time it will take :)

Good luck with your exams!

We have been waiting for over 4 years since the Servers were closed, so the extra month you need is only a minor difference. For me personally the extra month would be absolutely worth it if we can keep our progress of the open beta.

All in all we can be happy that you guys will bring us this fantastic game back sooner or later :)

46 minutes ago, xHighTech said:

Ye but it will be possible to download the launcher without the full data package that we downloaded.

Well Launcher is a separate download anyway, there's the client that you can't download now, and our launcher, that you'll be able to download later.

55 minutes ago, Markusset said:

How will be provided access to the closed beta?

When we'll start the open beta, we'll share our launcher on the forum, you'll just have to download it, and place it in the client you can already pre-download, and then just start it to be able to play :)

43 minutes ago, InsaneHawk said:

When we'll start the open beta, we'll share our launcher on the forum, you'll just have to download it, and place it in the client you can already pre-download, and then just start it to be able to play :)

I want to add something since he asked about the closed beta.

You only have the chance to get into closed beta if you pay attention on the giveaways which will start at the 1st of February. There's no other way. But closed beta doesn't mean, that you can fully play the game since it will be still in development until open beta. So it could happen every day until open beta that the servers will get shut down to fix some things.

All forum users will be able to join the open beta though.

Thats a bummer, was really looking forward to finally getting back into battleforge this month :c

Guess ill have to just keep creeping the forums and hope i get lucky  :P

I do have one question, please dont take it the wrong way, There arent going to be any exclusive/promo cards for beta testers are there?  Just asking becuase I personally feel like if there were it wouldnt be fair for players hwo werent chosen to be in the betas.

Still, lookingforward to getting battleforge back, EA should have never shut it down, and im glad to see this project finally coming to fruition

19 minutes ago, gubaguy said:

I do have one question, please dont take it the wrong way, There arent going to be any exclusive/promo cards for beta testers are there?  Just asking becuase I personally feel like if there were it wouldnt be fair for players hwo werent chosen to be in the betas.

Don´t worry, promocards will be available for everyone. They have a small Chance (0,5% i recall) to be in a Booster, so there is no Card you can´t gain in Skylords. Also as for my understanding beta and Alpha tester won´t get any ingame helping bonuses.... we all start on equal footing.

Thanks for the update, all the best to fiki i hope he feels better soon.

i have no problem waiting another month. its way better to get the complete version as oposed to rushing forward and releaching it too soon.

The start is in sight, so thanks to everybody on the dev team for sticking with the project.

see you in the forge!