Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Vitor

What is your latency?

I'm from Brazil.

https://wondernetwork.com/pings

I'm using Google Translate, I was worried about my latency due to my location in Goiás-Capital-Brasil, near Brasilia. Using a website to see what my latency would look like to find out that it is at approximately 247 and 251 ping, I'll leave the site link for you to take the test. What is your latency ???

Screenshot_1.png

Well i played Blade and Souls on Taiwan Server and thats an action MMORPG :D so if you really like a game ping wont stop you.

BattleForge is not super action game so i guess its not that of a problem.. but i guess for PVP it can be a problem.

Well I am in Japan, when i play LoL on EU West my Ping is about 300 to 350, when i play chess on a server in france it's nearing 500.

Not sure if Skylords Reborn will be playble for me. I am just hoping. When servers are in the West of US usually i have no problems whatsover, but Europe is really bad ;)

I especially liked PVP and I am a highly competetive player, so we'll see ;)

Well on old servers my ping was anywhere between 110 and 170. For an RTS like BF, it's still highly playable, the only big downside in PvP is getting well timed heals / eruptions / mines and whatnot. Mines especially on high ping can be a hassle but with practice you can overcome the downsides of ping pretty easily. Now at 250 ping things could start getting hairy but we can't know for sure until our clustered environment will be up and running. 

Healing on time against a nasty will be somewhat impossbile, the rest one might get used to. So if one wants to play PVP with 250ms+ don't play spells where timing is of essence. Need to compensate that with strategical decison making.

I hope we could get a server in the uswest one day, we east asians, southamericans and australians would then have a latency around 120 as well as europeans. (But probably worse for Africans?)

Not exactly sure why the data is sent via the states to europe anyhow.

Edited by HiyaMC

Did someone of the closed beta testers already test with high latency?

I hope there want be any synchronization errors, like i get when i play Magic Duells online.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:51 AM, Tyris said:

Where will beta server be located exactly?

This would be very useful to know.