My Improved CardBase

gnomgrol

Promo cards display upgrades as "null". It makes sense, but perhaps you could try and replace this with "No upgrades possible for this card as it is upgraded to level 3 from the beginning" or something. Small thing.

Cards like Protectors Seal also display "null" as upgrade info. Probably a part of the API, but you may consider replacing this with "No info currently available" so its clearer to everyone

Edited by anonyme0273

19 hours ago, gnomgrol said:

It's implemented, check it out!

The slider is really neat!

And yeah, we ask a lot. But you have to remember that you make this tool for about 14000 people (number of account on this forum). So you probably have to deal with a lot of diffirent opinions/preferences.

On the other hand, if you make a real good tool, like you did, you make about 14000 people happy!

19 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

Promo cards display upgrades as "null". It makes sense, but perhaps you could try and replace this with "No upgrades possible for this card as it is upgraded to level 3 from the beginning" or something. Small thing.

Cards like Protectors Seal also display "null" as upgrade info. Probably a part of the API, but you may consider replacing this with "No info currently available" so its clearer to everyone

Yea this is because of missing API data. I changed the message.

The devs tried implementing the new cardbase yesterday, but they found a problem with the old system that needs to fixed first. Will probably be a few days until they get it to work.

Edited by gnomgrol
Matejob likes this

Hi Guys :) There are no hints, so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I think there are some issues here. I use the standard setup (so everything checked, "Sort by Orbs" and "Ascending"). I then pick Nature-Frost-Nature-Shadow combination of orbs (T1-T2-T3-T4) with "Only show playable cards" checked. Few questions now:

1) Why is the order of cards changing, when I change from Frost to Nature? When Frost is picked at T2, I have Treespirit at the beginning, and when Nature is picked instead, I have Spearmen at the beginning. I mean it doesn't greatly affect the card list, but it's still strange and in my opinion shouldn't happen, since those cards have exactly the same Orb requirements and changing Orb types shouldn't affect their order.

2) Why Twilight cards are presented to me, while I didn't pick Fire orb anywhere?

3) Why I have cards like Grinder shown? I'd expect to see cards which exactly work with my combination and while Grinder is indeed 2 Nature, but also 2 Frost (which I don't have), it shouldn't be shown to me.

Edited by pabi

@pabi 

All 3 issues are caused by the fact that there is bugged data in the database, mainly for Amii edition cards. They are all flagged as 4 neutral orbs, no matter what they have written on the card.

The Orb selection tool is where these issues are most common.

There is nothing I can personally do about it, until the devs update the data in the API.

You can get rid of other card types if you uncheck the twilight/stonekin cus im guessing it registers that u have one of the orbs so there is a possibility that it just shows you the option with the orb u have if you unckeck those there wont be those combo cards.

• 2 weeks later...

@gnomgrol

I hereby invite you to contact me on Discord if you like to be criticized in private with some clarification on the underlying API you forgot to mention.

It seems you had a few concerns about the API not functioning correctly. However I do not see why some of these restrictions should cause any constraints in development.

You can find me on the discord server as "Lord NullPointer" if you need to know anything about its functionality and limitations. 

You can also find details on its usage here: (in case you derived your implementation purely from the original cardbase)

Edited by Lord NullPointer

Found a bug: if I hide t4 cards, click "Only Show Playable Cards" and then tick my orbs to be nature nature fire, I can't see any twilight units or twilight tier 2 cards. I can only see them if I enable t4 cards, but then I see a lot of of cards that don't fit my orbs of choice (such as Deepfang and Harvester), plus them and all twilight cards are not sorted properly.

Screenshot: 3bcee924f15090503055f61546e5bfbb.jpg

Edited by EarthRed

@EarthRed Same reason as the other ones, missing API data for those cards. I'll talk to Lord Nullpointer about it when I can get a hold of him.

EDIT: Okay, @MrXLink seems to be the only one with access to the needed data. NullPointer will talk to him.

Until it's fixed, the Orb selection tool will remain kinda bugged.

Edited by gnomgrol
EarthRed likes this

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I fixed the tool that lets you post decks as images on the forum, check it out!

Two formats available:

(Any number of cards works, this is the 16 Card Shadow Starter Deck that you r ecived with the original game)

image.png.5b4dda5007af190f73cde056cb81e833.png

image.thumb.png.7a416f02bd0a9745896c63d574a1ce14.png