Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Sign in to follow this  
N0SKYO

Map Editor

Hello Skylords and Skyqueens also Skythings

I just thought about the old map editor that Battleforge had.

Is there gonna be a new map editor so we can play our own custom maps?

I really had fun with that a few years ago.

Also is it possible to make like a survival mode?

Cheers

MontyPython

i love the idea of the costum map, i had a lot of fun with it to a few years back...

as for the survival mode, i don't think there is going to be such a thing..

but if we can make a costum map, you could just make a map where you get hordes of monsters to attack at the center area where you will have to defend against all angles and such.

Custom maps do allready work as far as i am aware (someone actually made a tick tack toe map... so yeah...) and the old map editor can of course be used to make those custom maps. The skylords project is "only" providing a new server backend, the actual gameplay is identical with the original battleforge.

WannaBeSheep and N0SKYO like this

16 hours ago, MontyPython said:

U thought like a survival PVE wave based mode right? I remember a few ppl made maps like that. For example a big base and u had to defend and rush at the same time to stop them.  

Yeah, with waves. Why did you ask if it's possible if you know some people already made such maps? Or am I forgetting something here.

3 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

Yeah, with waves. Why did you ask if it's possible if you know some people already made such maps? Or am I forgetting something here.

Just wasnt sure about that anymore . Well now i know it. Anyway thanks for the feedback.

:hype: 

On 12/28/2017 at 2:46 PM, Ladadoos said:

A survival mode is most definitely possible.

As like, you have your orbs and all that good stuff, and then you try to survive as many waves as possible?

OH MAN, THAT IS AWESOME!!!

26 minutes ago, delcarm said:

As like, you have your orbs and all that good stuff, and then you try to survive as many waves as possible?

OH MAN, THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Pretty much, yeah.

delcarm likes this

I did not even know that battleforge have a map editor! I will try to make some custom maps when game launch.

And i will play the already made maps too 

Edited by Roguzf

Custom maps would definitely help in the longevity of the game and spice things up to keep the game enjoyable for longer play sessions, however dev priorities are probably more along the lines of server stability, perhaps game optimisation and squashing nasty bugs.

1 hour ago, A Potato in HD said:

Custom maps would definitely help in the longevity of the game and spice things up to keep the game enjoyable for longer play sessions, however dev priorities are probably more along the lines of server stability, perhaps game optimisation and squashing nasty bugs.

You just got the words out of my mouth lol.

I remember trying a lot of custom maps back in the days. Would be good to have some way of rating them as I recall having to sift through a lot of pretty bad stuff to find any good ones :unsure: Not that I could do much better, I just know there are some people who make fantastic stuff and we could do with a way to make sure it doesn't get buried.