Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Savatar

Play style How would you describe each faction?

Hello, when I played the game in it's original form I was fairly young and pretty much got stuck playing whatever cards I had and I mostly just went by cards that could walk in a straight line and steam roll whatever got in the way, to say the least, I was not very good at tactics.

But as I look forward to getting back into the game I've been checking the cards over at the wikia and I try to find a faction to focus on, one I can really feel into, and not just focusing on me I'd like to know what everyone thinks about each faction. Is Fire just a High damage burst deck or will zerg rushing get you smashed? Is Frost really good at only defending or can it be played really offensively? Is Shadow all about controlling everything and where everything is? Is Nature all about Crowd Control? And what of the other five?

Please, do share what you would say each faction is like and how you think they should be played in the best way, maybe help someone to figure out why their favorite deck doesn't suit their play style?

12 minutes ago, ThomasMann said:

Frost: Defensive

Fire: Attack

Shadow: Kill your own troops

Nature: Heal your troops

Easy explanation 

Right. That was probably less helpful than the wikia.
And for the variation races? Are Twilight's transformations worth it? Are Lost Souls'?

Well, @ThomasMann said it pretty well imo. If you want indepth stuff, read long stuff. If you want short explanations, resort to Thomas's response.

Here is some long stuff

In my words

FROST: Fair CC, good defensive units and spells, balanced cost/damage/HP

NATURE: Sustain, great CC, high cost for high damage/HP - esepacialy early in the game

SHADOW: Expendability, sacrifices, medium cost for balanced damage/HP, short term buffs

FIRE: Aggresivity, low CC, buffing own units, damaging spells, medium cost for high damage/low HP

I am not going to talk about splash decks (mixed factions), because I am lazy. Downvote that, will ya? -_- 

Edited by anonyme0273

4 hours ago, ThomasMann said:

But in all seriousness, play how you want to play.

I go with a Twilight deck, but don't use many Twilight cards.

What do you find interesting about Twilight decks may i ask?

I always stayed away from Twilight because of the 'infected vibe' and just seemed uninteresting.

10 hours ago, Evoked said:

I always stayed away from Twilight because of the 'infected vibe' and just seemed uninteresting.

The fact that you can recycle your units so that they can become some of the greater tiers was, to me, a good idea but underpowered, and was underused.

The idea of "Killing all your low tier units to get void power" and then spawn the greater tier, using a BG most of the time, was the main strategy.

Include the fact that the t3 of twilight is not the best part of it IMO.

16 hours ago, Savatar said:

Right. That was probably less helpful than the wikia.
And for the variation races? Are Twilight's transformations worth it? Are Lost Souls'?

Don't downvote @ThomasMann comments you meanie T_T !

Edited by sylvix95
ThomasMann likes this

12 hours ago, Evoked said:

You see I had a "noob" deck back in the game as I didn't spend any money on Battleforge. So in the closed beta I recreated this "cheap noob" deck which has all commons and uncommons. And this deck was a "Twilight deck" but with the only cards being twilight is the bombard, slaver and twilight tower. So yeah I didn't really have an actual twilight deck. But yeah, I just think fire and nature together is really strong with 2 fire orbs and 2 nature orbs, with the first orb being nature you can get some really good spells as well. Also I did have probably considered the worst card in my deck Lord Cyrian as that was the only ultra rare I could get, and yes that card is not worth the cost, but it is in my noob deck. Maybe if I can be bothered, I will post the noob deck, to show that you can have a "cheap" great deck without any rares or ultra rares. 

So yeah, I call this deck a "Twilight deck" even though it doesn't really have any twilight but technically is twilight as twilight is 2 fire and 2 nature. 

Edited by ThomasMann
Asj likes this

48 minutes ago, ThomasMann said:

So yeah I didn't really have an actual twilight deck. But yeah, I just think fire and nature together is really strong with 2 fire orbs and 2 nature orbs, with the first orb being nature you can get some really good spells as well.

Yeah, i agree. Nature and Fire combo is nice and lots of fun early game.

But i like stonekin the most because of sustain and defensive buildings and enlightened to get some 4 orb unit that is normally unavailable like Shadow Worm, Batariel, Dreadnougth, Forest elder. 

10 hours ago, Asj said:

Yeah, i agree. Nature and Fire combo is nice and lots of fun early game.

But i like stonekin the most because of sustain and defensive buildings and enlightened to get some 4 orb unit that is normally unavailable like Shadow Worm, Batariel, Dreadnougth, Forest elder. 

yeah i also really like using enlightenment to get out cards unavailable to nature / stonekin

i really wish they completed the nature / shadow splash cards...