Problems with the lovely "Tobbezockt" :)

Tobbezeichnet

Can we not start turning this into a downvote argument? 
Also, this is exactly what I mean with accepting criticism. Someone thinks your thread is not the right step to take and doesn't like the way this is going. Your response to it is to downvote them back repeatedly, whereas you can just take the downvote as an indication that some people may not like the way you're approaching this problem and may be trying to tell you something. By downvoting back you're not only acting as what some, including yourself, would consider to be childish, but you're also not really improving your "position" on the forums either. 

I'm not a fan of a topic like this either. It radiates a request for attention. I get you want to come to a point of understanding with people and I sincerely hope that you are doing that through mutual adaptation rather than convincing others your opinion is right, but a topic like this really comes across as attention-grabbing and really generally does not make the situation any better, let alone if you start discussing about why other people's criticism is not in accordance with what you consider to be right to do. This is really a topic that should be discussed with people individually through PM, rather than blowing it up to a forum-wide thread. It may just be making things worse for yourself that way.

If you continue writing in this topic, which you all have the right to, please refrain from turning this into a rep slaughterhouse, and keep things civil and flame/troll-free. Try to understand each other, rather than to enforce opinions regarding why you have to be right and they have to be wrong. That's not the point of discussing something like this. You come to a point of understanding together, not by forcing someone to keep up with your behaviour.

Rep abuse, name-calling, insulting and other targeting behaviour is punishable as stated in the forum rules. Steer clear from making us take measures.

sylvix95, Archmystic, LagOps and 1 other like this

13 minutes ago, MrXLink said:

Can we not start turning this into a downvote argument? 
Also, this is exactly what I mean with accepting criticism. Someone thinks your thread is not the right step to take and doesn't like the way this is going. Your response to it is to downvote them back repeatedly, whereas you can just take the downvote as an indication that some people may not like the way you're approaching this problem and may be trying to tell you something. By downvoting back you're not only acting as what some, including yourself, would consider to be childish, but you're also not really improving your "position" on the forums either. 

I'm not a fan of a topic like this either. It radiates a request for attention. I get you want to come to a point of understanding with people and I sincerely hope that you are doing that through mutual adaptation rather than convincing others your opinion is right, but a topic like this really comes across as attention-grabbing and really generally does not make the situation any better, let alone if you start discussing about why other people's criticism is not in accordance with what you consider to be right to do. This is really a topic that should be discussed with people individually through PM, rather than blowing it up to a forum-wide thread. It may just be making things worse for yourself that way.

If you continue writing in this topic, which you all have the right to, please refrain from turning this into a rep slaughterhouse, and keep things civil and flame/troll-free. Try to understand each other, rather than to enforce opinions regarding why you have to be right and they have to be wrong. That's not the point of discussing something like this. You come to a point of understanding together, not by forcing someone to keep up with your behaviour.

Rep abuse, name-calling, insulting and other targeting behaviour is punishable as stated in the forum rules. Steer clear from making us take measures.

WHAT? I was asking him why he thinks that and he down votes that question. tho I down vote that opinion...since it's not helping me at all...and he is obviously not here to help me with it. 

Simple question why he thinks that and the thing is getting childish...and now YOU blame me for that xD

also i never said that someone is wrong...would you pls stop saying that...i ask politely why he is downvoting it...to understand it and to not just take a down vote out of it...i dont care about him downvoting but this threat is about improving the way i act...downvote only shows me that he's not liking something but not what and why...

Edited by YT Tobbezockt

Or maybe he is trying to help out by saying your position won't be any better by creating topics like this. I'm asking all of you to try and be a bit more understanding towards each other. 
Regardless of the situation, going on about downvoting and justifying it by saying they did the same or worse is not the way to go.
If you have a problem with this, refrain from using up- and downvotes in the first place. Stop stirring up arguments, and for your own sake, stop being so aggressively defensive of your own opinion.

Last warning until I will have to take measures.

6 minutes ago, MrXLink said:

Or maybe he is trying to help out by saying your position won't be any better by creating topics like this. I'm asking all of you to try and be a bit more understanding towards each other. 
Regardless of the situation, going on about downvoting and justifying it by saying they did the same or worse is not the way to go.
If you have a problem with this, refrain from using up- and downvotes in the first place. Stop stirring up arguments, and for your own sake, stop being so aggressively defensive of your own opinion.

Last warning until I will have to take measures.

thats what i mean its a big fat MAYBE...since i can only speculate about what he meant...as much as you do right now...the same problem with the orb thingy...that's not helpfull.

the worst case would be changing something that noone got disturbed by. just because i speculated that was what he meant.

and as i said i didn't voted him down because he did.

btw that was exactly what he said not just maybe...but i ask politely why he thinks it won't be any better by creating topics like this.

his thoughts as far as i can tell were that i wont get a better position (=reputations) in the forum, with such a topic...but it never was about reputations.
is it forbidden to ask him then why he thinks it would be better to not open such a thread?

Edited by YT Tobbezockt

*Edit: I just try to help you, dont take this as an insult please*

@YT Tobbezockt I wonder how old you are in real life. I also wonder if you ever had a job with a boss (or any kind of authority), cause you should have learned how to deal with them.

If I can give you one single hint to improve your attitude: Act like everyone else is superior to you, like all of them are your authority. (Dont do this is you do not have an issue, cause it is kinda weird, but it might help certain people here). Doing this will force you to show respect to them and speak kind words instead of hate.

Also, this post is good... or was good. You started great, with the opening post. Naturally people started to complain, as they always do... Instead of taking the critisism, you started figthing it AGAIN. you should have learned by now that that is your main issue.

Just read all the replies you typed on the first page... instead of saying "you are right", you are typing stuff like "no, you are wrong, it was ....". And remember: even when they are wrong, act as if they are your authority. Just tell them they were right and let them f*** off, most of them are just a bunch of kids anyway.

Also, that qoute in your signature is very interesting, but it will not help your situation if you act like that. 

Edited by SilenceKiller99
rittindentod likes this

8 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

@YT Tobbezockt I wonder how old you are in real life. I also wonder if you ever had a job with a boss (or any kind of authority), cause you should have learned how to deal with them.

If I can give you one single hint to improve your attitude: Act like everyone else is superior to you, like all of them are your authority. (Dont do this is you do not have an issue, cause it is kinda weird, but it might help certain people here). Doing this will force you to show respect to them and speak kind words instead of hate.

Also, this post is good... or was good. You started great, with the opening post. Naturally people started to complain, as they always do... Instead of taking the critisism, you started figthing it AGAIN. you should have learned by now that that is your main issue.

Just read all the replies you typed on the first page... instead of saying "you are right", you are typing stuff like "no, you are wrong, it was ....". And remember: even when they are wrong, act as if they are your authority. Just tell them they were right and let them f*** off, most of them are just a bunch of kids anyway.

Also, that qoute in your signature is very interesting, but it will not help your situation if you act like that. 

true dat, but i always just try to understand them...isnt it a lot more weird to have a boss...saying "you are right" but not understanding him and just doing nothing because of that till the end of the day HAHA?

and you are right until now it was never important for me to please the people by my own personality...more by the work im doing...and to improve your work...sure it might be helpfull to be a nice yes saying guy...but if you dont undestand what someone is saying, and only telling them yes...your work wont improve...since you dont know where to improve

or am i wrong about that...btw pretty much the first comment that was helpfull, no offence...

the other ones were all right too ;) 

:kappa: like that?^^

Edited by YT Tobbezockt

1 minute ago, YT Tobbezockt said:

true dat, but i always just try to understand them...isnt it a lot more weird to have a boss...saying "you are right" but not understanding him and just doing nothing till the end of the day HAHA?

You can try to ask them what they meant. Just simply 'What do you mean with -question-?" would do...

And i might have another one for you: after you finished typing a post, read it (in a mean voice) in your head. If it sounds mean, you probably do not want to hit 'submit reply'. 

2 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

You can try to ask them what they meant. Just simply 'What do you mean with -question-?" would do...

And i might have another one for you: after you finished typing a post, read it (in a mean voice) in your head. If it sounds mean, you probably do not want to hit 'submit reply'. 

nice suggestion rly!, but wasnt that what i did...i just ask him what he meant with it...all he did was downvoting that question.

kinda hard then, dont you think

like the mean voice suggestion

Yeah, you are right in that. 

On the other hand, you kinda got the bad name now... so people will choose against your side in an argument, purely cause you have that 'bad name' now. And you are trying to improve but people keep messing with you... i really feel bad for you

The only thing you can do now is just to move on, and try to improve yourself, as you cant improve others. Honestly, you should just ignore the guys that are picking on you, as anyone watching the argument will chose their side because of you 'bad name' so far...

Yeah, eddio was being a jerk, you are right in that. He completely deserved that downvote, as his post was just stupid... and it was childish of him to downvote you back, as you are trying to improve... thats like laughing at a fat guy that is at the gym...

On the other hand, you kinda got the bad name now... so people will choose against your side in an argument, purely cause you have that 'bad name' now. And you are trying to improve but people keep f*cking you over... i really feel bad for you, eventhough you've been a jerk too in the past.

The only thing you can do now is just to move on, and try to improve yourself, as you cant improve others. Honestly, you should just ignore the guys that are picking on you, as anyone wathing the argument (even staff apparently) will chose their side because of you 'bad name' so far...

THANKS-.- im not totally fatass tho ^^ HAHAHA

and i also dont rly know where i was a jerk...i never was?

its like coming out of nowhere

Edited by YT Tobbezockt

On 6-11-2017 at 10:38 PM, YT Tobbezockt said:

but i rly dont know where that jerk thing came from

i was always polite until someone wasnt to me.

I will just copy paste what i just said:

On 6-11-2017 at 10:17 PM, SilenceKiller99 said:

This includes if they are wrong or if they are mean... just be nice to them and let them have their problem

2 minutes ago, Nephilim said:

i think you mean society :)

you are right *kappa

3 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

I will just copy paste what i just said:

This includes if they are wrong, if they are mean or if they are jerks... just be nice to them and let them have their problem

sounds rly exhausting if you try to improve on the other hand xD

i will just ask once politely, if i dont understand what someone means...afterwards ignoring further conversation with this person. to avoid an endless argument.

Nephilim and SilenceKiller99 like this

(even staff apparently)

Not sure what you're inferring there. My reasoning is quite simple; this is a tense atmosphere and I am noticing what exactly is aggravating people, and therefore I have to keep things in order. I'm speaking for all of you when I ask to keep the discussion at a civilised and understanding level, as you do, and pointing out what is causing trouble and against the rules. There have been rep issues in the past for exactly the same reasons, and that's not how the system is meant to be operated. There's no premature judgement here, just trying to keep the thread at ease.

Additionally, regardless of context, there's no need to call people jerks or pinpoint anyone. This is one of the many reasons why topics like this should be discussed in PM. If you want to show your sympathy and understanding by calling others out for being jerks, stupid, childish or whatever, don't do so publicly as it's causing uproars and it breaks forum regulations. You need to potentially insult people to make your point? Keep your discretion and steer clear from public defamation. I hope we are clear.

39 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

and it was childish of him to downvote you back

I didn't do this....

39 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

as his post was just stupid...

I wrote that cause I don't think this is the right way of improving...

@YT Tobbezockt I don't want to have a discussion I am on this forum for fun and I assume you are aswell. Thus I removed my downvote. And if you want to have a tip I'll give you one now. Don't reply to every single argument here. If someone gives an opinion/critisicm or a tip just see what you do with it and don't automatically start defending yourself there is no need to reply to everything and it can annoy people (since you sometimes sound a little angry even if you didn't mean it that way). So simply don't reply and nothing can go wrong.

Edit:

Ah just saw someone else wrote this tip aswell. Well anyway I agree on that :P And let's just quit this now. :) 

Edited by Eddio
Dawson and rittindentod like this

3 minutes ago, Sykole said:

Is there a reason as to why you chose to copy my signature quote and not having your own .. ?

mentioned that...sry is that forbidden? 

58 minutes ago, Eddio said:

I didn't do this....

I wrote that cause I don't think this is the right way of improving...

@YT Tobbezockt I don't want to have a discussion I am on this forum for fun and I assume you are aswell. Thus I removed my downvote. And if you want to have a tip I'll give you one now. Don't reply to every single argument here. If someone gives an opinion/critisicm or a tip just see what you do with it and don't automatically start defending yourself there is no need to reply to everything and it can annoy people (since you sometimes sound a little angry even if you didn't mean it that way). So simply don't reply and nothing can go wrong.

Edit:

Ah just saw someone else wrote this tip aswell. Well anyway I agree on that :P And let's just quit this now. :) 

ok, don't want to annoy anyone

I did not really want to get involved in this but I feel that there's a real simple solution to this whole thing.
Just let everything be as is and take a step back. There is no need to know who started what anymore. Pointing fingers won't help anyone at this point so I'd suggest to just let bygones be bygones.
And that is something that anyone who was involved in this whole thing should take to heart.

@YT Tobbezockt You won't 'mend' your reputation or position in the forums with a discussion about your behaviour. Who you are perceived as only matters on your actions, not only now, but especially in the future. There is no need to be friends with everyone on the forums and even I have had 'less-than-constructive' arguments with people on here. But that doesn't matter in the long run.
I know that you can take criticism and use it to improve your work. Or to take it and do something else anyway. Whatever you did or didn't do only matters right now. In a month the whole thing will be forgiven by some and forgotten by most people. Just take that opportunity and put aside anything that you still want to ask or explain. When the smoke clears you will find that anyone can change their opinion. Whether that opinion is formed by your arguments, your personality or your work only depends on what you present.

PS: I strongly support :mrxlink: stand on this. Personally I am surprised that no measures have been taken yet but I guess that comes down to how many people took part in this for better or worse. My only hope is that anyone feeling involved will reflect on the rational points made in this argument and especially :mrxlink:reprimands. Some might think they are meant for a specific person but they hold truth for anyone in this thread.

36 minutes ago, Kaliber84 said:

I did not really want to get involved in this but I feel that there's a real simple solution to this whole thing.
Just let everything be as is and take a step back. There is no need to know who started what anymore. Pointing fingers won't help anyone at this point so I'd suggest to just let bygones be bygones.
And that is something that anyone who was involved in this whole thing should take to heart.

@YT Tobbezockt You won't 'mend' your reputation or position in the forums with a discussion about your behaviour. Who you are perceived as only matters on your actions, not only now, but especially in the future. There is no need to be friends with everyone on the forums and even I have had 'less-than-constructive' arguments with people on here. But that doesn't matter in the long run.
I know that you can take criticism and use it to improve your work. Or to take it and do something else anyway. Whatever you did or didn't do only matters right now. In a month the whole thing will be forgiven by some and forgotten by most people. Just take that opportunity and put aside anything that you still want to ask or explain. When the smoke clears you will find that anyone can change their opinion. Whether that opinion is formed by your arguments, your personality or your work only depends on what you present.

PS: I strongly support :mrxlink: stand on this. Personally I am surprised that no measures have been taken yet but I guess that comes down to how many people took part in this for better or worse. My only hope is that anyone feeling involved will reflect on the rational points made in this argument and especially :mrxlink:reprimands. Some might think they are meant for a specific person but they hold truth for anyone in this thread.

the goal for me is not to fix my position with the thread...it's more for me to realise what problem some people may have with me...and that could lead to maybe fixing the position.

or simply ignoring people just talking nonsense ...depending on what I decide about it...but for now, I'm searching for material to work with if you understand what I mean.

I'm fine with who I am right now, and you are right, being friends with everyone is not what I'm aiming for, but changing something to please some of the more important mates cant be wrong.

AND I already learnt a lot by this thread about how my way responding to some guys is appearing. And if the only thing I'm taking out of this is to ignore critic I don't see as critic or that I don't like after asking politely once :)

Edited by YT Tobbezockt