Problems with the lovely "Tobbezockt" :)

Tobbezeichnet

Hi dear skylords and skylordins (xD),

it came to my ears that there must be a few skylorderies out there who have problems with me, be it personally or about my attitude...or even just because of some kind of a language barrier...or just a bad image of me as a person.

Right now I would like to fix this issues, not only but also because I would like to work as an artist for the team (and NO that does not mean that those borders everyone hates *hust sarcasm* will be implemented. thats still a personal project), and they don't hire people that have such a negative position in the community.

So all of you skylordrizies...feel absolutely free to contact me...in this thread or PM

This one should be all about fixing this issues, as long as it takes.

Also the staff members are invited to join!

NOT GRABBING FOR ATTENTION AS SOMEONE ALREADY MENTIONED...AND I ALSO DONT CARE ABOUT RE REPUTATIONS

Greetings to all out there...be the power of the deck be with you..."oh wait thats another game" xD

Edited by YT Tobbezockt

6 minutes ago, LagOps said:

i wasn't aware that there was any sort of problem... maybe you can link threads where ppl complained?

hard, since one whole discussion got deleted out of a thread...all the comments having to do with it to...I even got right at the end...seemed a bit like hide the evidence :D

but here is the other one:

Edited by YT Tobbezockt

@YT Tobbezockt Xlink's feedback he has given you in that thread has summed things up pretty well:

If this is just going to turn into an arguing war between someone criticising the criticism they get, and the critics and OP just fighting because it's seemingly impossible to calm down, accept what you asked for and not having to be right all the time, I'm going to have to remove this topic from existence. 

This is not an exchange of insults.
This is not a discussion about what people infer as being constructive criticism.
This is not a kindergarten-like arguing fest about having to be right.

@YT Tobbezockt, it is already frowned upon that you have made an additional thread about essentially the same project you're working on of reworking card art (frame or artwork), but if you want criticism, please take the criticism and know what you can expect, rather than continuously bashing on the same issue you seem to have with either not understanding or disagreeing with posts made that are meant to help you create better work. No need to insult or apply sarcasm to other members, especially not for them agreeing on a topic you disagree with or vice versa. This is a forum, critique and opinions will come at you in all forms, and I'd suggest you take them. Agree or disagree, applying or not applying said critique in your final product, that's all your right, but no need to cause drama over it.

And yes, I agree that the tone in your posts is rather aggressive, and if you want to make a better impression on people you should really do something about that. You use a lot of sarcasm, direct accusations and rebuttals, and seem to have some problems with taking criticism and/or admitting mistakes, and it comes across as aggressive and highly protective. In the past, you have also shown this kind of attitude, and it is generally frowned upon and not taken well by anyone. If this is not your intention, which I think it isn't, then you may want to look into toning things down a bit and replying in a calmer, different manner than you do now.

@Everyone else: Calm down a bit and don't fuel the fire. You have stated your opinion on YT's work, and it is now up to him to decide what he does with it. If he sees your criticism as something not worth his time, let him be, you've stated your points and it's completely his responsibility and decision to go against that grain if he wants to. Please refrain from trolling/sarcasm like a few of you have and don't start any more arguments. This discussion has proven to be pointless so far as neither party believes they can get their point across, or thinks the other party listens, and there is no need to continue this quarrel for all eternity.

If this does continue, I'm closing and/or deleting this thread and measures will be taken.
Please continue this topic in a civilised manner, get back on topic and don't mess this up any further.

Overall just try to calmly accept criticism instead of starting arguments. Getting feedback is not about you being right, but about getting a second opinion and possibly inspiration. There is no need to defend your position. Wether or not to follow that criticism is your choice in the end and it's perfectly ok to do things your way if you feel that the criticism was unfounded or a poorly informed opinion etc.. I would suggest to respond to criticism only in case you are unclear about what exactly is being criticised, need further information or many forum users have the same/simillar criticism to offer. Please refrain from acting passive-agressive, making fun of others or any such things as this will only lead to arguments and not a constructive discussion.

I hope this helps

SunWu and sylvix95 like this

First step is- solve problem with people who have a problem, if they actually have it. You try to do it? If not... You started from the end, looking for a kind of mediator(s), and showing this to the audience. In Poland we have some kind of saying- "od dupy strony"- from the ass side. From what i read in your topics- It's hard to get along with you sometimes. Instead of trying to understand someone, maybe ask- "what you mean..." or something, you start the disscusion about something trivial because you dont like something, and the brawl begins. (Possible future) THINK: maybe Skylord Reborn will start to make profits, or Dev want to utilize some $Patronite$ remains, so Skylord Dev want you to do some graphics- not for free. But He sees your lack of professionalism in forum discussion and He will not want to work with you anymore. 
END sorry for awful grammar.

2 hours ago, LagOps said:

@YT Tobbezockt Xlink's feedback he has given you in that thread has summed things up pretty well:

Overall just try to calmly accept criticism instead of starting arguments. Getting feedback is not about you being right, but about getting a second opinion and possibly inspiration. There is no need to defend your position. Wether or not to follow that criticism is your choice in the end and it's perfectly ok to do things your way if you feel that the criticism was unfounded or a poorly informed opinion etc.. I would suggest to respond to criticism only in case you are unclear about what exactly is being criticised, need further information or many forum users have the same/simillar criticism to offer. Please refrain from acting passive-agressive, making fun of others or any such things as this will only lead to arguments and not a constructive discussion.

I hope this helps

but thats what i did...the opinion about the orbs were unclear i ask politely...the other guy got passive aggressive and so did i afterwards.

2 hours ago, Eddio said:

Pretty much what LagOps said. :P 

what did he say? just realised your post was after :D

Edited by YT Tobbezockt

1 hour ago, batorfly said:

First step is- solve problem with people who have a problem, if they actually have it. You try to do it? If not... You started from the end, looking for a kind of mediator(s), and showing this to the audience. In Poland we have some kind of saying- "od dupy strony"- from the ass side. From what i read in your topics- It's hard to get along with you sometimes. Instead of trying to understand someone, maybe ask- "what you mean..." or something, you start the disscusion about something trivial because you dont like something, and the brawl begins. (Possible future) THINK: maybe Skylord Reborn will start to make profits, or Dev want to utilize some $Patronite$ remains, so Skylord Dev want you to do some graphics- not for free. But He sees your lack of professionalism in forum discussion and He will not want to work with you anymore. 
END sorry for awful grammar.

but thats it...i ask what he meant with it and instantly its "that i cant take criticism"...that was never the case...to ask about what he thinks what is wrong is not to be not able to take criticism.

the opposite is the case...i want the critic...but constructive. he only said the old one. but thats not helping if i already knew that and tried to fix it but didnt succeed because i didnt know what the critic "the old one" is about.

after asking that and mentioning why the old one isnt helping they get passive aggressive and are like im the devil, for asking what they meant with that.

its kinda hard but being rude to me after not just taking "the old one" isnt the nice way in the first place...surely i will respond to that unfriendly behaviour...but i got more the feeling that the negative picture that some guys already had with me effected that "he is not able to take criticism" point of view. what rly made it hard for me to escape that...asking politely and instandly getting negative vipes in form of some passive aggression, is pretty hard. Also always being told to be angry all the time isnt helpfull...i never was angry about any criticism :D xD how could i...guys are interested in my art and want me to help improving it.

its only that some unconstructive critic isnt helping...my way at saying that might be sometimes to direct...but never unfriendly only direct and analysing...what makes it sort of dry and maybe lacking in emotions...and if something lacks in emotion and is direct the closest drawer to put in might be anger xD but i never was...further into a senseless discussion i get mad obviously...but never on the first posts. there has to be something that is off about the conversation for me to get mad about it...and telling me "the old one is better" is not even close to be enough for that HAHA

Just now, Sykole said:

I have no problem with you whatsoever, but are you serious?

what you mean with am i serious :D

goku ftw ^^

i will take your status as well i believe xD

1 hour ago, Nephilim said:

ain't got no problem with anybody, expect the fact that you are using "xD" - i dont know why but this emoticon triggers me so bad

xD :P

Don't have any problems with you, but maybe it helps you if i tell you what i recognized. First thing is what LagOps said, i have the feeling that sometimes you take an opinion as a thesis wich you have to give a counter argument to. Now, of course sometimes there are facts wich we can't deny and then someone may be right or wrong. But in a thread like yours where it's about nostalgia and design there are a lot of opinions wich can't be negated by logic. For example i remember someone wrote something along the lines of ,,nostalgia plays an important role for me'' and then you answered with something similar to ,,yeah humans are afraid of change...'' It can come along as condescending if you dismiss other peoples feelings because you have another view on a topic. Just accept them with their different views and opinions and people will like you more. If someone writes something extremely wrong and stupid you can still destroy him with logic and be respected, but too often there's no clear line between right and wrong.

Second thing, probably not as important to many people, that ;) winky wink comes of as soooo annoying and smug to me when i'm in an argument with someone. It's almost like the smiley is saying: ,,Hey, don't be mad. How could you have known that...being the idiot that you are...i knew all along ;)'' i know it's not ment that way and maybe it's just me but that winky smiley is the embodiment of passive aggressivenes!

Edited by SunWu II.
Tobbezeichnet likes this

9 minutes ago, SunWu II. said:

Don't have any problems with you, but maybe it helps you if i tell you what i recognized. First thing is what LagOps said, i have the feeling that sometimes you take an opinion as a thesis wich you have to give a counter argument to. Now, of course sometimes there are facts wich we can't deny and then someone may be right or wrong. But in a thread like yours where it's about nostalgia and design there are a lot of opinions wich can't be negated by logic. For example i remember someone wrote something along the lines of ,,nostalgia plays an important role for me'' and then you answered with something similar to ,,yeah humans are afraid of change...'' It can come along as condescending if you dismiss other peoples feelings because you have another view on a topic. Just accept them with their different views and opinions and people will like you more. If someone writes something extremely wrong and stupid you can still destroy him with logic and be respected, but too often there's no clear line between right and wrong.

Second thing, probably not as important to many people, that ;) winky wink comes of as soooo annoying and smug to me when i'm in an argument with someone. It's almost like the smiley is saying: ,,Hey, don't be mad. How could you have known that...being the idiot that you are...i knew all along ;)'' i know it's not ment that way and maybe it's just me but that winky smiley is the embodiment of passive aggressivenes!

the guy you are giving the example about...already agreed with me :P:D 

1 hour ago, Eddio said:

Step 1 to getting a better forum reputation: Do not make a topic like this.

why do you think that?

I gave 1 downvote? You gave me more downvotes.... This way you aren't gonna fix the issues you want to fix you will only make more.

And no you didn't say reputation but you did say position in the community.

Edited by Eddio

17 minutes ago, Eddio said:

I gave 1 downvote? You gave me more downvotes.... This way you aren't gonna fix the issues you want to fix you will only make more.

you gave me 2 downvotes...and I gave you 2 as well...both after yours...and I drew 1 back because I found it childish...then you drew one back.

pls don't lie then and stay to it. Not cool...and saying then I downvoted you more, which isn't the truth is what's not helping, there you are right :/

18 minutes ago, SunWu II. said:

I almost feel like you're not doing this by accident but AGAIN you made it all about being right....

no you are right but still your example wasn't the best since he agreed with what I said...

I also think that nostalgic isn't the best way to describe what peoples feel...there is a game coming up called "Legion TD 2"...and there was a Warcraft 3 mod called Legion TD, which this new thingy is referring to. It has all new graphics and so on...in comparison there isn't to much what they both have in common, except the idea. But many many people are talking about the Legion TD 2 in a nostalgic way. But you are right the look also counts into that, mostly that is just because the human wants to stick with what he knows already.

I didn't want to be right there, that's because I shared that thinking, but I ASK him if that's the case for him personally.

it was more something I learnt in ergonomy class and what I wanted to know whether it's the case or not. Yes also unlucky from me, since that appeared as if I wanted to be right...I just tried to understand the guy I was talking to. Call me evil :D

so the example was a bit unlucky and kinda out of the context...but I understand it, since noone can expect to read all of the thread you are referring to.

32 minutes ago, Eddio said:

yes I said position...but for me 'position' is not about the reputations I earn or likes I get on e.g. youtube or fb.

not everyone that likes you votes for you and maybe not everyone that dislikes me votes against me...that's why I also opened the topic...to get into a conversation with all the guys maybe even hating me (wow hard word)