Open Stress Test Information

Kiwi

4 hours ago, Xeapor said:

Well it's not up to the devs to give you anything, they specifically said that this is the stress test and it is not meant to work at a good level yet.

The whole point of the stress test is to see how well the server runs.

There is no reason why booster ratios shouldnt be buffed during test phase. That way more peoples would test all cards, also more peoples would play if they knew that they dont have to grind for decent deck that will get wiped anyway.

wertyy likes this

10 hours ago, Nicolaos said:

There is no reason why booster ratios shouldnt be buffed during test phase. That way more peoples would test all cards, also more peoples would play if they knew that they dont have to grind for decent deck that will get wiped anyway.

There is a reason why booster ratios aren't buffed. We're trying to simulate Open Beta economy as close as possible because we certainly don't want to end up screwing the entire market over. In the end, all rewards and gains are boosted by 244% (according to MrX, and if I recall correctly). However, your point is good too, I'll propose this for discussion.

wertyy likes this

11 hours ago, SubSeven said:

Hi fiki574,

do you have a feeling about a possible Open Beta date?
I love playing Battleforge again, but it would be nice to keep the cards you gain :)

+1

Ofc. devs should work in their own peace... if they need time thats okay :) But when last wipe comes... oh my, just cant wait for it ^^

Hurkans likes this

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/24/2018 at 2:50 AM, fiki574 said:

There is a reason why booster ratios aren't buffed. We're trying to simulate Open Beta economy as close as possible because we certainly don't want to end up screwing the entire market over. In the end, all rewards and gains are boosted by 244% (according to MrX, and if I recall correctly). However, your point is good too, I'll propose this for discussion.

Hate to say it, but the Stress and Beta need to be as close to live as possible.  To much or to little and its gonna cause issues.

Was off for about a half a year before tests even started, but i know there were some resets of accounts or something, are there more resets coming or do we actually just play for now? Im just out of the loop so id like to know if i should farm or jsut play whatever since im gonna get wiped.

Hmm and u know approx when? :D I know u guys dont like time related questions here, but like weeks or months.. So i know if its worth to save points for longer time to get more expensive units or u know, just get whatever since there is no time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/23/2018 at 10:31 AM, Xeapor said:

Well it's not up to the devs to give you anything, they specifically said that this is the stress test and it is not meant to work at a good level yet.

The whole point of the stress test is to see how well the server runs.

If we had more cards we could test more features, I.E. The upgrading of cards, and how those card s interact in more situations, and that would allow us to put more pressure on the servers as a whole.

The problem is that a stress test does not work well with the goal of conducting a long term observation of the ingame economy at the same time.

Let's face it: It's been 10 years since Battleforge was initially released, but today many players have less time due to real-life commitments. In my case that means, I have neither the time nor the desire to refarm my collection up to 3 times including upgrades after every possible reset.

So currently with my crappy starter deck, I will just play through the standard maps once and then be gone until all the resets are done, which should probably not be the goal of a technical stress test.
So in my opinion, it would be preferable to EITHER conduct a technical stress test with quicker access to all cards to enable many players to test expert difficulty, challenges, speedruns, favourite PVP decks, etc. and not having to worry as much about any lost time for farming. OR - once you are happy with the technical aspects of the game - you try a realistic unlocking system to simulate the ingame economy once for a predetermined amount of time. But I don't think mixing up technical issues and balancing the economy is the best solution.

I will also say that while I absolutely appreciate the work the dev team has accomplished, given the length of the current development cycles the problem becomes even more pressing: It's one thing if you have people farm for a month, watch the ingame economy and then reset it and make changes. But if you reset collections every ~8 months - maybe even several times - I suspect a lot of new or casual players will have moved on once the final version of the game goes live.

Then again, I assume that you have statistics concerning the development of player numbers over time and will use these to decide on the best course of action.

Edited by TBird
Navarr and Einarson like this

"once you are happy with the technical aspects of the game" we was happy before we we start open stress test, reaching week uptime in closed beta was not a problem, but then ... 1000 player want to play at same time and it crashed almost immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

You torment people because of too long holding everyone in beta. The play with the thought that everything will be wiped and i lost all the time spent doesn't help here. Sooner people will leave instead of coming because of that situation. How would you take bigger pressure on servers when you 'wasting' time (i mean i know you work on it, but time is still going anyway!!)?? People will not wait forever, sorry. What is the actual daily number of logins? For sure many (many,many,many!) times lower before even hype train has started. Regards.

Edited by nikosix

"What is the actual daily number of logins?" over 100 000. which is much more than we have in closed beta.

If you do not like it just stop playing and wait for next stage. What else you expect from us?

2 hours ago, nikosix said:

You torment people because of too long holding everyone in beta. The play with the thought that everything will be wiped and i lost all the time spent doesn't help here. Sooner people will leave instead of coming because of that situation. How would you take bigger pressure on servers when you 'wasting' time (i mean i know you work on it, but time is still going anyway!!)?? People will not wait forever, sorry. What is the actual daily number of logins? For sure many (many,many,many!) times lower before even hype train has started. Regards.

We torment you?

Ungrateful, rude, biased comment. Won't even respond.

Don't like it? Buh-bye.

BKGurke likes this

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic