Open Stress Test Information

Kiwi

18 hours ago, ferevus said:

@Kiwi If you are still in need of moderators for US time zones by the way i’m always available to tryout or w.e. way you’d like to do it ( i live on the east coast, UTC -6?) .

We can talk more on discord. 

I believe we'll only start looking for new moderators after Open Beta is released. Best person to ask is @MrXLink though as he's in charge of hiring more moderators. 

2 hours ago, Neltharion said:

You said that you're contacting streamers, to help you promote. Anyone can stream to help you, or you're just looking for "professionalists"? I really want to help you grow and be famous :D

Anyone can make videos and stream to help promote the project, however we will have certain rules that streamers and video makers will need to follow.

1 hour ago, Neltharion said:

What are those rules? They are mentioned somewhere?

Yes, it's in the top post of this thread: https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/3182-open-beta-information/

It says:"

Advertising

We are currently talking with streamers and a website in order to let the world know about this project. We however currently have no advertising budget.

Players can make videos or stream Open Beta if they wish. All we ask of streamers is that they inform viewers that the game is currently in an Open Beta stage that will be reset at the end along with it possibly containing bugs and crashes along with other issues and that a link to our Forums is provided so people can find out more about the project along with and possibly signing up themselves if they wish."

2 minutes ago, DOoFiT said:

Yes, it's in the top post of this thread: https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/3182-open-beta-information/

It says:"

Advertising

We are currently talking with streamers and a website in order to let the world know about this project. We however currently have no advertising budget.

Players can make videos or stream Open Beta if they wish. All we ask of streamers is that they inform viewers that the game is currently in an Open Beta stage that will be reset at the end along with it possibly containing bugs and crashes along with other issues and that a link to our Forums is provided so people can find out more about the project along with and possibly signing up themselves if they wish."

Oh right. Where my eyes are? So the only thing I need to do is to inform my viewers about Open Beta, and all informations are on the forums. Awesome :)

Out of interest, what are the projected numbers for this at launch in terms of player base? Is the current hope to attract the main player base at open beta, or for the 'full launch' which happens in the future? 

What can WE do to help? I think all of us who have been watching the progress of this for years want it to succeed; our fun depends upon the size of the player base, as does the games success - Obviously streaming is one way, general mentions on social media another but should we all be pushing E-mails to sites for f2p gaming to include articles about this? Or is that a bad idea due to the game previously being EA? 

If there's no advertising budget, you ought to utilise us, the games community and if you give me a way to earn back my promo fire dancers by helping, all the better! ;)

Lead us, we will follow!

edit: Found a blog post i did about the game way back in 2009, thought it might be fun to share

http://srgtf.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/new-way-to-feed-my-geekyness.html

Edited by Skankinpig

13 hours ago, Skankinpig said:

Out of interest, what are the projected numbers for this at launch in terms of player base? Is the current hope to attract the main player base at open beta, or for the 'full launch' which happens in the future? 

What can WE do to help? I think all of us who have been watching the progress of this for years want it to succeed; our fun depends upon the size of the player base, as does the games success - Obviously streaming is one way, general mentions on social media another but should we all be pushing E-mails to sites for f2p gaming to include articles about this? Or is that a bad idea due to the game previously being EA? 

If there's no advertising budget, you ought to utilise us, the games community and if you give me a way to earn back my promo fire dancers by helping, all the better! ;)

Lead us, we will follow!

edit: Found a blog post i did about the game way back in 2009, thought it might be fun to share

http://srgtf.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/new-way-to-feed-my-geekyness.html

I as a guess think around 10,000 (not official statement just my opinion) as for not having an advertisement budget you guys can help with that streaming on Twitch, word of mouth to friends and family, making videos on YouTube is all advertising. Sadly though I don't think we can give anything back in return for payment but you can make money from Twitch and the YouTube videos. We of course also can't pay people to advertise for us as we don't have any budget or funds either and we can't give in game rewards or perks as again we don't own the game itself.

5 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Sadly though I don't think we can give anything back in return for payment but you can make money from Twitch and the YouTube videos

Really? Last info I got from Hawk was that monetization on YouTube was not allowed, never heard anything to the contrary.

31 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Really? Last info I got from Hawk was that monetization on YouTube was not allowed, never heard anything to the contrary.

Well what if people play other games on Twitch or YouTube? They can't not get paid at all if that makes sense and I am not sure if it can be stopped just for certain videos or not either. I have also stated several times though, rules regarding videos and streaming will be posted when Open Beta is released. 

@Skankinpig Projected numbers are really a hard thing. But to put things into perspective, discord giveaways generally tend to attract 300 people on average within the minute or so that it runs, so to extrapolate that I would guess that it’s not impossible that the first 1000 would sign up within a day.

As for concurrent players, it’s impossible to tell but I would guess around 1000 people for the first few days and afterwards maybe 1-2k. I have seen similar revives and with a much higher forum member count their concurrent player count was still 1000 so the figure I predicted is actually pretty optimistic one.

The biggest problem we have though stems back to EA times. Due to (almost non-existent) advertising, more than 60-70%(a pure guess but I’m pretty confident about it) of the playerbase in the original BF and therefore probably also skylords reborn is from Europe, therefore keeping a high concurrent player count during night time in Europe will be a big challenge.

so with regards to advertising it is more important to make sure the revival gets worldwide coverage, with a bigger focus on the americas and Asia. I’m talking about American/Asian based gaming websites etc. I’ve seen a lot of German gaming sites for example post about this project since alpha so I’m pretty sure that will continue at every milestone for the project, but global advertisement is still a huge problem.

@Kiwi Just double checking, that’s something Hawk said to me long ago in not such an “official” fashion, maybe it was just an alpha thing. He also said that way way before we got green light from EA so that might have been a big factor.  thanks for your answer regardless :) From EA’s side it would seem they allow monetization of their game footage through some quick research on their site

Edited by Ultrakool

It is totally pointless to ask here if you get discounts for promotion or money. On Youtube you can earn quite well and I praise the game already enough.
I do this voluntarily and free of charge.

Hope that the Open Beta is successful and successful.
My donation is still active and looking forward to more.

32 minutes ago, Yogababa said:

i just dont trust these dounloaders, they look shady as ****

I have already downloaded and scanned the game.
It is virus free etc.
I do not think that the guys here want to spread any viruses, etc.
So always stay relaxed.

2 hours ago, Yogababa said:

i just dont trust these dounloaders, they look shady as ****

Mega is a big site and this is an official download.

same goes for media fire these are well known file sharing sites.

Edited by Ultrakool

I wasn't asking to be compensated - just to make that clear. I wanted to know if there were ways of helping, even if in a small way to get this revival the player base it deserves, that's all :P

@Ultrakool - thanks for the info, i'll make sure my American friends online are the first to hear about it ^^

Edited by Skankinpig

4 hours ago, Lotte2525 said:

It is totally pointless to ask here if you get discounts for promotion or money. On Youtube you can earn quite well and I praise the game already enough.
I do this voluntarily and free of charge.

Hope that the Open Beta is successful and successful.
My donation is still active and looking forward to more.

I have already downloaded and scanned the game.
It is virus free etc.
I do not think that the guys here want to spread any viruses, etc.
So always stay relaxed.

i tried to download it from both links but when it reach the end it just stop, is something i am missing here? 

also is the open beta any day between the the 19 and the 25 or it will be opened on the 19 which is today. thanks 

4 hours ago, SSmurf99 said:

Will there be a maximum amount of players for open beta or not? as i know u guys probably dont really have massive servers.. and i just wish i dont miss my chance is joining the game :(

It's Open beta,that means that it will be open for everyone.The thing you are talking about is closed beta.

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic