Open Stress Test Information

Kiwi

12 hours ago, Endorian said:

I'm not saying i'm hunting for more rewards at all (consider it an fyi). But i do have to say, on the last Skylords stream there was something mentioned about it though.
He didn't state " you will get rewards, but the person streaming did mention there might be rewards or something similiar. Perhaps that's why there might be some confusion around this topic.

That was InsaneHawk who said that he is one of the project admins but he said "might be" not "will be".

Can´t wait to dive into the game aswell. Bring some friends and rock bad harvest.

I will also cover the game on out YT-Channel, mostly PVP i think. Ist a small German Channel with 100+ Subs, but still every bit helps to promote :D

9 hours ago, Rail said:

Will the beta progress carry over to the full game? Or is this just a test to improve stuff without carry overs?

E// nvm it's stated in the mainpost

As you already found out, it will be reset. Actually, the beta will consist of two different phases, which will also have a reset in between.

On ‎11‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 11:24 AM, Kiwi said:

That was InsaneHawk who said that he is one of the project admins but he said "might be" not "will be".

Yeah, you're right about that indeed. But that might be the confusion as i try to explain, people might have understood that as "yes, you will get rewards". Instead of "it's not certain yet, we'll have to think that through". I might've explained it the wrong way.

2 hours ago, Endorian said:

Yeah, you're right about that indeed. But that might be the confusion as i try to explain, people might have understood that as "yes, you will get rewards". Instead of "it's not certain yet, we'll have to think that through". I might've explained it the wrong way.

No no you explained it correctly :)

On 30/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, Kiwi said:

Hello Skylords, Skyladies and Skythings,

First of all we hope you all enjoyed the Stream this weekend!

As many of you are aware, Open Beta means that a game is open to every player for a final test of the game and to help check for more bugs and errors that could possibly have been missed in Closed Beta.

Open Beta Information

All the information you need regarding Open Beta can be found in this thread. Please don't spread false information to the community.

When Is Open Beta?

You will be able to login on the 30th January 2018.

How do you sign up for Open Beta?

You can sign up for Open Beta by simply just creating an account on our forums.

Who can get access to Open Beta?

Everyone will get into Open Beta unless you have sadly made your way onto our blacklist due to severe rule breaking.

Please note if you keep harassing members of staff for access to the game in Closed or Open Beta you will possibly risk getting black listed.

Client download

We will let the community upload and share the client on our forums you will however still need our launcher for it to be able to work. They will get a "seal of approval" if they are not compromised by viruses. Please note the Original DVD has the outdated files.

Our Global links

Our global links can be found here on our forums to the top right of the screen or at the very bottom of the page (we only have an official Facebook, Twitter, Twitch and YouTube).

Other Medias

The VK Skylords Reborn page is a fan made page, we will NEVER ask for any payments. Our old domain bfreborn.com has been bought by someone who is pretending to be this project.

Supporting the project

You can help support us if you wish on our Patreon page only. The game will be 100% FREE.

Advertising

We are currently talking with streamers and a website in order to let the world know about this project. We however currently have no advertising budget.

Players can make videos or stream Open Beta if they wish. All we ask of streamers is that they inform viewers that the game is currently in an Open Beta stage that will be reset at the end along with it possibly containing bugs and crashes along with other issues and that a link to our Forums is provided so people can find out more about the project along with and possibly signing up themselves if they wish.

Recruitment

We may be looking for moderators in US timezone moderators in the future.

We are always looking for developers with advance or expert experience in C++ and networking (in software/programming).

Running Requirements

BattleForge is an old game so will run on basically anything. To see full spec details feel free to check out our Wiki page here, or you can check on the CYRI website here.

If you have any questions or queries please feel free to ask them below or send me or @MrXLink a PM and we will try our best to answer them as much as we can.

See you all in the forge on 30th January 2018! :hype:

=============================

Important notes from @fiki574 regarding Open Beta:

• No fully powered Anti-cheat - base will be done (Cheat Engine, speedrun and teleporting checks), however having fully working AC in matter of months alongside server development is physically impossible (full AC in "Phase 2").
  • Accounts will be reset in "Phase 2" - this will happen when we think that it's suitable to do account resets, mostly depends on AC completion and the amount of players that are going to hack/cheat on their accounts to gain unfair advantage over other players.
  • 12 players maps won't be present - they will also come in "Phase 2", too complex to create since they require a developer and 11 players to test and debug and fix every single thing with them, they are the least priority for now.
  • Map progression will be implemented - however, the mentioned non-working 12 players maps will be saved in database as if you played and passed them, rest of the progression will remain the same/normal.
  • Quests will be present - but will obviously exclude 12 players maps.
  • What is "Phase 2"? - let's just say it will be "Open Beta 2.0", will be released/done after unknown amount of time since the initial Open Beta release.
  • Promo cards - Will be in booster packs, except for the event promos like Santa and Easter Egg which will be related to the seasonal event.
  • BoostersBoosters will be a mixture of all sets for now.
  • Speed run / map of the month - Will be available at start of Open Beta.
  • Starter decks - You will start with 4 different starter decks, one of each color (Fire, Frost, Nature, Shadow).
  • Tomes - Tomes will not be in Skylords Reborn at all.
  • New accounts - All players will have new accounts and will be named the same as their Forum account this is due to us not having access to the data files from EA regarding accounts.

i really like the ideia of the game be a free 100% but. I prefer to charge the acc some times to upgrade "something" on my acc and you sup. win some money with server to players like me have a better and stability game. like a server without lags

42 minutes ago, FrozenBoy said:

i really like the ideia of the game be a free 100% but. I prefer to charge the acc some times to upgrade "something" on my acc and you sup. win some money with server to players like me have a better and stability game. like a server without lags

We can't make any money from the game as we don't own it. The only way to support us is through our Patreon page which helps us pay towards the server upkeep.

7 hours ago, Kiwi said:

We can't make any money from the game as we don't own it. The only way to support us is through our Patreon page which helps us pay towards the server upkeep.

When you're not allowed to make money from the game, how are you even allowed to have a patreon page?

45 minutes ago, Chibiterasu said:

When you're not allowed to make money from the game, how are you even allowed to have a patreon page?

They are not allowed to sell any of the game assets, like taking money for cardpacks, taking money for access to the game and such. They are allowed to ask for donations as long as these donations do not give anything inside the game.

19 hours ago, CoverCell said:

So right now what are you guys currently working on before the release date? I'm really hype for this game. I played it way back then, and was so sad it had been shut down.

As far as I know they are currently bugfixin/optimizing all the pregame stuff (trading/friendslist/forge/actionhouse). And they are working on the actual ingame servers (the testers can also not play that right now, they can only play in the forge and the social stuff).

On 13-1-2018 at 10:48 AM, FrozenBoy said:

Our old domain bfreborn.com has been bought by someone who is pretending to be this project.

Yet, when i made an account for this forum i got a verification e-mail from (name)@bfreborn.com , which i might add automatically got put into my spam folder.

(sry for posting this here but i couldnt rly find an appropriate forum topic for this)

Currently I have already given a donation and 1 € a month (subscription).
If the game comes out and it is Lag Free and in German etc.
Then I will donate a subscription € 5 a month (subscription) to Patreon.
I take that as Indirect monthly subscription;)
So I think everyone who loves the game and can play again should support the team here.
It can be a one-time payment or permanent per month

Edited by Lotte2525

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic