Open Stress Test Information

Kiwi

8 hours ago, Kiwi said:

We will give out the download to everyone on the 30th January.  We will make it free to play by allowing people to gain BFP from quests and other ways as well as this players will be able to buy boosters with BFP that contain all cards including promos (only cards you won't be able to get is Santa and Easter egg as they will be a seasonal thing). We only need money for the upkeep of the server which is what our Patreon is for and people can donate there if they wish to we don't force anyone to do so. Hope this helps.

Will there be real money purchasing with this client?

16 minutes ago, Vetro said:

I am Polish streamer (not big or something, but still) and I just can't wait till open beta starts. I will be glad to stream this game over and over on my channel <3 Hope I will bring a lot of people to the game with me!

By the way, I just logged in after a year of my absence and I see my rep is at "-1" (what is kinda weird since I don't really remember posting anything on the forum before, nor I can't see anything in my posts history at all) :| Hope I am not blacklisted or something...

I +1'd you and brought it up to neutral.

31 minutes ago, Vetro said:

By the way, I just logged in after a year of my absence and I see my rep is at "-1" (what is kinda weird since I don't really remember posting anything on the forum before, nor I can't see anything in my posts history at all) :| Hope I am not blacklisted or something...

The 'content count' on your profile says 3. So, apart from this post, you posted two other things on the forum already (and maybe more posts in the 'off topic' section, which do not count towards your content count on your profile).

Apparently someone didnt like what you posted before... 

Edited by SilenceKiller99

2 hours ago, Psymantis said:

Will there be real money purchasing with this client?

I +1'd you and brought it up to neutral.

You can't buy anything in game. All you can do if you wish is join our Patreon to help us with server payments.

Axewel likes this

14 minutes ago, Vetro said:

Will we have an auction house in game or there won't be card trading at all?

There will be an Auction House and direct trading in the game just like old BattleForge.

20 minutes ago, Amergo said:

this will be a good time ^^ :D the nature will retun *--* btw how we will obtain cards? or will we have everything in the start?

Daily quests will give BFP. Hopefully quests that can be done in PvE for us filthy casuals. I haven't seen daily login bonuses mentioned but they'd be a nice thing. #hint#

• Promo cards - Will be in booster packs, except for the event promos like Santa and Easter Egg which will be related to the seasonal event.

Some conditions like lvl 10 to unlock promos in boostern or is it possible to get one instantly at lvl 1 with booster luck? Sounds like an imbalance.

Edited by xHighTech
Role029 likes this

27 minutes ago, xHighTech said:
  • Promo cards - Will be in booster packs, except for the event promos like Santa and Easter Egg which will be related to the seasonal event.

Some conditions like lvl 10 to unlock promos in boostern or is it possible to get one instantly at lvl 1 with booster luck? Sounds like an imbalance.

I would say that the latter one is the case. If they would have added any 'requirements', they would have probably already stated this somewhere. So you could have obtained several promos already before you hit level 10 or so. But I agree with you that it sounds slightly unbalanced. It might be worth to let the devs spent some extra time to add this 'rule'.

@Vetro, @Amergo The FAQ can answer a lot of questions if you have any left. It is definitelly worth reading.

Edited by SilenceKiller99

I wouldn't so much say imbalanced, more like RNG at it's finest. We'll have the same ability to trade, so balanced or no, someone is gonna be pulling alot of powerful cards early on, that much is obvious. When all the cards are available though, it's only a matter of trading with eachother until we're all on equal grounds and it becomes entirely skill based.

On 7/1/2018 at 1:58 PM, Kiwi said:

We only need money for the upkeep of the server which is what our Patreon is for and people can donate there if they wish to we don't force anyone to do so. Hope this helps.

Good to know, thank you!

It took me 4 years to have - almost - all cards, and after all the time and money spent it's not a great image to see me grind it all over again. This is EA's fault only, of course, and back in time I've been tempted to travel 9.000km to just stamp a kick in EA CEO's butt.

I do not know who and how many people are working to bring BF back, but I can't hold myself from saying a big thank you to them.

I'll play Battleforge again with pleasure and they will have my donation for sure, as a little sign of respect and gratitude.

50 minutes ago, Metanolo said:

Good to know, thank you!

It took me 4 years to have - almost - all cards, and after all the time and money spent it's not a great image to see me grind it all over again. This is EA's fault only, of course, and back in time I've been tempted to travel 9.000km to just stamp a kick in EA CEO's butt.

I do not know who and how many people are working to bring BF back, but I can't hold myself from saying a big thank you to them.

I'll play Battleforge again with pleasure and they will have my donation for sure, as a little sign of respect and gratitude.

There is 3 admins, 3 moderators, 1 2d artist, 1 lead developer  and 3 developers. So a total of 11 people.

Guys, we will play open beta first. If there will be any unbalanced things they will be fixed. And just one player being uber lucky and pulling alot of rare and promo cards? There is a possibility but come on. You'd probably have a better chance to hit the jackpot in any lottery.

Even if they did get lucky and got a lot of promo and rare cards, it's Open Beta account resets will happen :P Plus we need to get the ratios right, so helping to test this is part of Open Beta.

20 minutes ago, Haru said:

Since it's the Open Beta, will we get any sort of achievements or rewards for participating at it later on when the game gets out of the Beta?

We have in no way stated we will provide or guarantee any sort of reward for open beta testers post-beta.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:51 PM, Vetro said:

I am Polish streamer (not big or something, but still) and I just can't wait till open beta starts. I will be glad to stream this game over and over on my channel <3 Hope I will bring a lot of people to the game with me!

Hey, maybe we can stream something together! I'm not Polish but I'm here now... Send me a PM if interested.

1 hour ago, Eirias said:

Hey, maybe we can stream something together! I'm not Polish but I'm here now... Send me a PM if interested.

Me as well.  I have almost no OBS experience, but I am trying to learn as much as I can just to stream this game :)

23 hours ago, MrXLink said:

We have in no way stated we will provide or guarantee any sort of reward for open beta testers post-beta.

I'm not saying i'm hunting for more rewards at all (consider it an fyi). But i do have to say, on the last Skylords stream there was something mentioned about it though.
He didn't state " you will get rewards, but the person streaming did mention there might be rewards or something similiar. Perhaps that's why there might be some confusion around this topic.

5 hours ago, Endorian said:

I'm not saying i'm hunting for more rewards at all (consider it an fyi). But i do have to say, on the last Skylords stream there was something mentioned about it though.
He didn't state " you will get rewards, but the person streaming did mention there might be rewards or something similiar. Perhaps that's why there might be some confusion around this topic.

Maybe an extra avatar ? :o

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic