Open Stress Test Information

Kiwi

8 hours ago, Secvndvs said:

Im still confused... in the stream and in the forums... you allways repeat "everyone in the forums will be able to play in the open beta" and "not everyone in the forums will be able to play in the open beta", I get the part of "slowly adding people to the game", but you can just put a queue, right? i have no idea how that works, but i think is not a dificulty for you. But then there is the part of "we dont want people reporting the same bugs all the time" and then i understand it like "didn't you get it? we will add 20 people per month". I dont know... too many "yes but no". Well, i guess i'll put my hype under the bed again.

I think what you are looking for is a "final answer" like a date when YOU will be able to Play. I don't think that they are able to say this at that point of time. As you already know they will add more People as time goes by, so that they can fix the most common bugs before they get 200 reports on the same issue which will just delay further development. So yeah, you and me and a lot of others will have to wait. But as i understood we are all (except for the blacklisted) able to Play in the open beta, earlier or later.
And depending on how fast and successfully they can fix the bugs that only a few People will experience at first, the faster it will be possible to add the rest of the Players to the game.

What i want to say is, that it is an ongoing process and nobody knows if it will run better than expected or worse. depending on that nobody can say when exactly you will be able to play

8 hours ago, rittindentod said:

I think what you are looking for is a "final answer" like a date when YOU will be able to Play. I don't think that they are able to say this at that point of time. As you already know they will add more People as time goes by, so that they can fix the most common bugs before they get 200 reports on the same issue which will just delay further development. So yeah, you and me and a lot of others will have to wait. But as i understood we are all (except for the blacklisted) able to Play in the open beta, earlier or later.
And depending on how fast and successfully they can fix the bugs that only a few People will experience at first, the faster it will be possible to add the rest of the Players to the game.

What i want to say is, that it is an ongoing process and nobody knows if it will run better than expected or worse. depending on that nobody can say when exactly you will be able to play

So... a problem to the '200 reports on the same issue' is very simple. 'Hire' someone for it, and I bet there are people enough on the forum, like me, who would love to help filtering out reports like that.

They just need to assign one guy (or more if needed) who spend their time on reading all the reports and filtering out the similar ones, or creating one file which contains all data about each specific bug/issue.

I hope the team see's this (which I bet they will) and think about this suggestion. I just came up with it, so there might be some flaws that I didnt think of, but the idea should work.

12 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

So... a problem to the '200 reports on the same issue' is very simple. 'Hire' someone for it, and I bet there are people enough on the forum, like me, who would love to help filtering out reports like that.

They just need to assign one guy (or more if needed) who spend their time on reading all the reports and filtering out the similar ones, or creating one file which contains all data about each specific bug/issue.

I hope the team see's this (which I bet they will) and think about this suggestion. I just came up with it, so there might be some flaws that I didnt think of, but the idea should work.

This surely is a good idea, however it doesn't solve the "Server stability" issue or thing but it could probably allow them to add more Players earlier

12 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Not so easy, man.

On 11/8/2017 at 4:45 AM, Secvndvs said:

Im still confused... in the stream and in the forums... you allways repeat "everyone in the forums will be able to play in the open beta" and "not everyone in the forums will be able to play in the open beta", I get the part of "slowly adding people to the game", but you can just put a queue, right? i have no idea how that works, but i think is not a dificulty for you. But then there is the part of "we dont want people reporting the same bugs all the time" and then i understand it like "didn't you get it? we will add 20 people per month". I dont know... too many "yes but no". Well, i guess i'll put my hype under the bed again.

We were adding 20 people per month for Closed Beta, has nothing to do with Open Beta. Whole point of Open Beta is that everyone can access it, at the same time, any time. Was said and cleared multiple times, but for interest and fixing sake, I wonder next:

1. Where was this said? -> "not everyone in the forums will be able to play in the open beta"

2. Where was this said? -> "we dont want people reporting the same bugs all the time"

On 11/8/2017 at 1:27 PM, rittindentod said:

As you already know they will add more People as time goes by, so that they can fix the most common bugs before they get 200 reports on the same issue which will just delay further development. So yeah, you and me and a lot of others will have to wait. But as i understood we are all (except for the blacklisted) able to Play in the open beta, earlier or later.

Where are you even pulling this information?

15 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

This is the least problem, we have moderators that will take care of this and ensure no double threads.

Edited by fiki574
SilenceKiller99 likes this

48 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Why wouldnt it be not so easy? Explain your statement please, cause in my eyes it is rather easy (a lot of work, but not hard work... just a lot of it)

I don't know, I just don't think it's that easy

On 9/11/2017 at 9:49 AM, fiki574 said:

We were adding 20 people per month for Closed Beta, has nothing to do with Open Beta. Whole point of Open Beta is that everyone can access it, at the same time, any time. Was said and cleared multiple times, but for interest and fixing sake, I wonder next:

1. Where was this said? -> "not everyone in the forums will be able to play in the open beta"

2. Where was this said? -> "we dont want people reporting the same bugs all the time"

Where are you even pulling this information?

Kiwi said ON THIS THREAD:

2. "...Furthermore, if we where to allow every single member of the forums access then without a doubt the same bugs and errors would be reported 100 or more times causing more work for the moderation team to make sure multiple threads of the same reports are deleted."

Edited by Secvndvs

1 hour ago, Secvndvs said:

Kiwi said ON THIS THREAD:

2. "...Furthermore, if we where to allow every single member of the forums access then without a doubt the same bugs and errors would be reported 100 or more times causing more work for the moderation team to make sure multiple threads of the same reports are deleted."

I think that was said in context of Closed Beta.

Probably should have mentioned Closed Beta in that bit of the post.

I just read it before (man, I've been lurking for a while. It's about time I signed up,) and honestly thought it pertained to Open Beta.

Especially as this is a thread about open beta =P

Edited by Tyroki

6 hours ago, Tyroki said:

Probably should have mentioned Closed Beta in that bit of the post.

I just read it before (man, I've been lurking for a while. It's about time I signed up,) and honestly thought it pertained to Open Beta.

Especially as this is a thread about open beta =P

Quote from first post:

"we would love to allow everyone to just join Closed Beta right away but sadly that can't happen as we have no idea how much the server can handle which is why we have to add people slowly and carefully to monitor and test how much the server can handle and it wouldn't be fair to give all of our members access to the server which would just crash and then we would have you (our members) disappointed"

4 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

Quote from first post:

"we would love to allow everyone to just join Closed Beta right away but sadly that can't happen as we have no idea how much the server can handle which is why we have to add people slowly and carefully to monitor and test how much the server can handle and it wouldn't be fair to give all of our members access to the server which would just crash and then we would have you (our members) disappointed"

Ah, there it is.

Good show old bean =D

I have no excuse for missing that.

fiki574 likes this

OUI ENFIN Merci d'avoir refait ce jeu merci impatient de rejouer a ce jeu !

Translation added by Kiwi: "YES FINALLY Thank you for having redone this game thank you impatient to play this game again!"

Edited by Kiwi
Non English (Added translation)

20 hours ago, fiki574 said:

I think that was said in context of Closed Beta.

As Tyroki, i think i confused evertything with the closed beta because the thread is about the open beta... god... well, i will just ignore EVERYTING of the forums about open beta's and if i have doubts i will just watch the stream again.

fiki574 likes this

On 11-11-2017 at 5:32 PM, ShadowFire22 said:

Totally and randomly had an itch to go play BattleForge a month or so ago, only to find out that it's been long gone :( However I discovered this attempt to bring it back to life! +1

Looking forward to seeing this head to completion! GL!

First of all, welcome on the forums!

Just wanna tell you that this is more than just an attempt xD this is gonna happen, for sure!

9 hours ago, ThatOneAttacker said:

So if I understand this right, everyone who has a account on this forum will get access to the open beta. I'm a bit confused with all the replies and how the announcement is framed. If someone could clarify that would be very nice. :D

Yes that is correct.

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic