Open Stress Test Information

Kiwi

9 hours ago, PlaZz said:

And do you have some numbers? just out of curiosity.

On the homepage of the forum you can see (on the bottom) that the project currently has 13299 accounts registered. I just checked Discord, which had about 350 online members in the Skylords channel, but the stupid discord app doesnt show offline members, so that for sure is a lot higher than 350.

@Kiwi Probably been asked a lot already, but coudlnt find the answer: Is there an aproximate size of the download that will be available on january 30th? (i dont need exact numbers... just tell me if its MB's, or multiple GB's or like 100+ GB such as games like ARk survival evolved)

1 hour ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

On the homepage of the forum you can see (on the bottom) that the project currently has 13299 accounts registered. I just checked Discord, which had about 350 online members in the Skylords channel, but the stupid discord app doesnt show offline members, so that for sure is a lot higher than 350.

Well thats actualy not bad. I even think we can double those digids cause lots of people still doesnt know about this project. Sooo maybe up to 30000 players  after some time :)

11 hours ago, PlaZz said:

And do you have some numbers? just out of curiosity.

I only know the total for the forums which is over 13,000 as for discord I believe only InsaneHawk knows.

1 hour ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

@Kiwi Probably been asked a lot already, but coudlnt find the answer: Is there an aproximate size of the download that will be available on january 30th? (i dont need exact numbers... just tell me if its MB's, or multiple GB's or like 100+ GB such as games like ARk survival evolved)

I'm not at my computer with the client on but I think it is only a few GB right now but it isn't the one coded in C++.

SilenceKiller99 likes this

recomended system req core2duo 1.86 ghz and ge forcde 7600 gt 256 mb ram 1 gb direct x 9 space around 4 gb piece of cake ! alos they wont increase em cause they cant toutch the game much after the deal they made with ea also not much updates and new cards... i like that cause iam low user :) so.. no other game like that and low reqs ppl with love this game and it will be number one if they advertise it a bit cause many ppl dont even know about it...

22 minutes ago, Fauchderial said:

Does the CD of battleforge have all required files or some is missing ?

no it wont work like that

15 hours ago, BFlove123 said:

recomended system req core2duo 1.86 ghz and ge forcde 7600 gt 256 mb ram 1 gb direct x 9 space around 4 gb piece of cake ! alos they wont increase em cause they cant toutch the game much after the deal they made with ea also not much updates and new cards... i like that cause iam low user :) so.. no other game like that and low reqs ppl with love this game and it will be number one if they advertise it a bit cause many ppl dont even know about it...

no it wont work like that

We can make updates to the game and add new cards, we just can't make players pay to get access to them.

On 30.10.2017 at 9:15 PM, Kiwi said:

Hello Skylords, Skyladies and Skythings,

First of all we hope you all enjoyed the Stream this weekend!

As many of you are aware, Open Beta means that a game is open to every player for a final test of the game and to help check for more bugs and errors that could possibly have been missed in Closed Beta.

Open Beta Information

All the information you need regarding Open Beta can be found in this thread. Please don't spread false information to the community.

When Is Open Beta?

You will be able to login on the 30th January 2018.

How do you sign up for Open Beta?

You can sign up for Open Beta by simply just creating an account on our forums.

Who can get access to Open Beta?

Everyone will get into Open Beta unless you have sadly made your way onto our blacklist due to severe rule breaking.

Please note if you keep harassing members of staff for access to the game in Closed or Open Beta you will possibly risk getting black listed.

Client download

We will let the community upload and share the client on our forums you will however still need our launcher for it to be able to work. They will get a "seal of approval" if they are not compromised by viruses. Please note the Original DVD has the outdated files.

Our Global links

Our global links can be found here on our forums to the top right of the screen or at the very bottom of the page (we only have an official Facebook, Twitter, Twitch and YouTube).

Other Medias

The VK Skylords Reborn page is a fan made page, we will NEVER ask for any payments. Our old domain bfreborn.com has been bought by someone who is pretending to be this project.

Supporting the project

You can help support us if you wish on our Patreon page only. The game will be 100% FREE.

Advertising

We are currently talking with streamers and a website in order to let the world know about this project. We however currently have no advertising budget.

Recruitment

We may be looking for moderators in US timezone moderators in the future.

We are always looking for developers with advance or expert experience in C++ and networking (in software/programming).

Running Requirements

BattleForge is an old game so will run on basically anything. To see full spec details feel free to check out our Wiki page here, or you can check on the CYRI website here.

If you have any questions or queries please feel free to ask them below or send me or @MrXLink a PM and we will try our best to answer them as much as we can.

See you all in the forge on 30th January 2018! :hype:

=============================

Important notes from @fiki574 regarding Open Beta:

• No fully powered Anti-cheat - base will be done (Cheat Engine, speedrun and teleporting checks), however having fully working AC in matter of months alongside server development is physically impossible (full AC in "Phase 2").
  • Accounts will be reset in "Phase 2" - this will happen when we think that it's suitable to do account resets, mostly depends on AC completion and the amount of players that are going to hack/cheat on their accounts to gain unfair advantage over other players.
  • 12 players maps won't be present - they will also come in "Phase 2", too complex to create since they require a developer and 11 players to test and debug and fix every single thing with them, they are the least priority for now.
  • Map progression will be implemented - however, the mentioned non-working 12 players maps will be saved in database as if you played and passed them, rest of the progression will remain the same/normal.
  • Quests will be present - but will obviously exclude 12 players maps.
  • What is "Phase 2"? - let's just say it will be "Open Beta 2.0", will be released/done after unknown amount of time since the initial Open Beta release.
  • Promo cards - Will be in booster packs, except for the event promos like Santa and Easter Egg which will be related to the seasonal event.
  • BoostersBoosters will be a mixture of all sets for now.
  • Speed run / map of the month - Will be available at start of Open Beta.
  • Starter Decks - You will start with 4 different starter decks, one of each color (Fire, Frost, Nature, Shadow).
  • Tomes - Tomes will not be in Skylords Reborn at all.

Thank you for bringing back the game. HYPE is real:) 

41 minutes ago, LetsEinfallslos002 said:

Really hope the client itself (not the launcher from skylords reborn, i mean the battleforge client) is getting uploaded soon, because it is really shitty with downloads here..talking about under 200kb/s

Wow. That's really bad. :(

When the file size is approximately 5GB as packed archive it would take roundabout 7 hours to download the game (with HD textures). Without HD textures it would still be roundabout 3 hours.

I expected that in Hagen would be better access to the internet though. Maybe there's another problem? Or is it just an old contract?

47 minutes ago, Aviat0r said:

Maybe there's another problem? Or is it just an old contract?

Only in small areas of Hagen are good connections possible. Luckily I go for another city in about a half year :D 

But back to the topic: I hope it is uploaded within the next days because..hey, beta members should be very trustworthy and they have the client files as far as i think in logical way ;) I mean you are only changing the skylords reborn launcher, right? So let's see who is comming up with the upload :D for the client we won't have to wait till middle or end of january, will we?

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic