Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×

I want to propose the idea of Orb Ownership. Orbs are one of the main mechanics of the game and are extremely important in every game mode, whether it be PVE or PVP.

Saying this, this post is only going to be about Orbs in PVE.

So... Orb Ownership?

Basically, Orb Ownership is the idea that you can only claim certain orbs, instead of being able to claim them all.

For example, Bad Harvest.

I remember when I was playing some other player took my fourth orb for his fifth and I was super pissed. So I built towers preventing the ground units from moving past.

I also remember the first player, dark green on the map, destroying the first base, taking both orbs, getting tier four and single handedly winning the game. Great if you were playing to win, bad if you were playing for fun, which is what games or for.

Orb Ownership removes those scenarios from the game. As I said before, you can only claim specific orbs based on your position on the map.

Another example in bad harvest. If you're the first player, the dark green, you can only claim the orb beside your starting orb, one of the orbs in the base and the final orb near the end of the map. This also applies if your orb is destroyed. This means if your teammates decide to not help/troll you and let enemies destroy any of your orbs, they won't be able to claim it.

I feel Orb Ownership will force players to improve their teamwork and help their allies. It will also remove any "I can win the game by myself" players.

What do you think about Orb Ownership. (If someone already came up with idea or something similar, sorry, didn't mean to steal it.)

Yeah that a good idea, we can add a timer before you can build another orb. 

Another great idea could be to have a button to report player who have stoled all orb without giving any of them to his team. After reporting him, the game will check if the player have for example 1 orb and the stealer 4 for example. The punishment will be to convert one of his orb to the player in disadvantage if conditions are respected.

That not the best one for sure but it a good one.

yeah i remember back in those days this was  a real problem. its sure hellah annoying so when i got trolls like this (taking a 5th orb) i also try to troll him, do some extra dmg to his base or something like this... its a good idea to solve this problem but also it can be very frustating. what if you and your friend have a tier 2 best start strategy and you let him build your orb.. so it will be a big throwback for those players who likes to make new things. There could be an other solution as well i like the idea to make only 4 orb avaiable to all players so there wouldnt be so many trolls. also i would recommend a new time based orb mechanics to PVE for example you cant build more than 2 orb until you reach a certain time or scenario at the current map.

But Nice topic i like it :D

3 hours ago, Bkingn said:

yeah i remember back in those days this was  a real problem. its sure hellah annoying so when i got trolls like this (taking a 5th orb) i also try to troll him, do some extra dmg to his base or something like this... its a good idea to solve this problem but also it can be very frustating. what if you and your friend have a tier 2 best start strategy and you let him build your orb.. so it will be a big throwback for those players who likes to make new things. There could be an other solution as well i like the idea to make only 4 orb avaiable to all players so there wouldnt be so many trolls. also i would recommend a new time based orb mechanics to PVE for example you cant build more than 2 orb until you reach a certain time or scenario at the current map.

But Nice topic i like it :D

I see what you mean but I don't quite agree. In my opinion, one player with tier three is much stronger than two players with tier two. The units are much stronger especially so in PVE maps with more than one player where the bases were meant to be assaulted by two armies. Also, it would be kind of boring for the player with only one orb. The strategy sounds more like your trying to win than have fun. Again, this is just my opinion.

But some people may like that (you for example). So why not have a vote at the start screen? You know, the place where everyone joins that one room and you pick your starting positions. We could put a vote there, majority rules. But if it ties, Orb Ownership kicks in.

Really Orb Ownership is to protect those new players that don't have the strongest cards from the veterans who do whatever they want.

Personally I like the idea. But only if you add it as an option for the group leader to decide. This way people can still do it if they want to. Being able to take an orb from another does have an advantage sometimes. For example I often gave a orb to a friend so he could play Amii Monument. And after he build it I would get the orb he took from me. Or if someone wants to play Enlightment before giving it. :) 

But overall I think it could be usefull. 

To some extent I do see your point and some parts I do like about it, but there would have to be more in depth ways to "claim" orbs because I would hate to be playing bad harvest and not be able to go tier 3 because some douche decided to claim my orbs.

I feel like this is not really such big of an issue to introduce a game mechanic that limits players and "forces" them into taking certain orbs on the map. Sure it is annoying if people really take your orb in Bad Harvest, but how often does that really happen. At least i rarely ever had such problems (to be fair i almost exclusively player rPVE, but you can steal orbs there as well and it almost never haüüened to me).

I personally value the freedom of orb choice and the odd strategies way higher than having a little bit more safety of people taking the orbs they are supposed to take. If it is only an available option i don't really mind having it but i would much rather see the priority on other projects like balancing cards.