Open-Beta Announcement Stream !

InsaneHawk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Twinson said:

Great.

by the way, once Open Beta gets closer, consider to distribute your installtion package early on, as you know many People are really waiting since a long period and may crash the Download server. 

as far as i know, not everyone will get access to the open beta at the start.

3 hours ago, Tam Hawkins said:

that was during the current "open Beta"

As far as I understand it the next phase is indeed open to every one.

There was no open beta yet. Were still in closed beta and waiting for open beta to arrive, its not open if you have to win it through a giveaway.

We waited more than a year, and it's easy to wait 2 weeks) thank you for bringing this wonderful game back to life, we really appreciate you, and we will always support you)

:hype::drool::hype:

(my english so bad))

21 минуту назад, Говоря с Myself сказал:

21 минуту назад, Говоря с Myself сказал:

Edited by Talking to Myself

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

We have never called what we're in now Open Beta, we have always called it Closed Beta @Tam Hawkins not sure where you got that from :P.

But you did and MRXLInk did as well, in this thread:

On 13.1.2017 at 10:43 AM, Kiwi said:

Technically anyone can sign up to join so yes it is open sadly we can't let everyone who signs up join right away as I have explained up above we don't know of the server will handle everyone.

On 17.1.2017 at 1:45 AM, MrXLink said:

We've established how it works a long while ago. I agree that the name is a bit off, but it is explained clearly in the FAQ how this works. We've discussed this a number of times and we're sticking to what we've called it from the start to prevent even more confusion. We call it open, because everyone is able to sign up. We call it beta because of the current state of the game. Due to the nature of this project, a "regular" open beta stage seems quite obsolete considering the game itself is in a finished state, and what we are working on influences server stability. In order to get an idea of progression in stages (which honestly is what most people assume development stages are anyway), we call it open beta as anyone can sign up to join.

TL;DR: Yes, we know, we have our reasons, sorry it's unconventional, it'll stay this way.

Read the title @Tam Hawkins, "Clearing OPEN BETA Plans". We are not in open beta we are in closed beta. If we were in open beta people would be able to signup. Even above the chatbox in giant red letters "Closed Beta is still in progress. Date for OPEN BETA will be announced soon!" to my understanding that post was called clearing up open beta plans for the people who were wondering how open beta would work in the future, because a lot of people (myself included) did not know how open beta was going to work with the whole signup thing and whatnot.

Edited by DawsonTheFish

55 minutes ago, DawsonTheFish said:

Read the title @Tam Hawkins, "Clearing OPEN BETA Plans". We are not in open beta we are in closed beta. If we were in open beta people would be able to signup. Even above the chatbox in giant red letters "Closed Beta is still in progress. Date for OPEN BETA will be announced soon!" to my understanding that post was called clearing up open beta plans for the people who were wondering how open beta would work in the future, because a lot of people (myself included) did not know how open beta was going to work with the whole signup thing and whatnot.

Maybe I really misunderstood this.

But I thought the part where people were picked at random and then got the possibility to play was the giveaways they made?

On 11-10-2017 at 10:49 PM, Tam Hawkins said:

I would love to watch your streams. Sadly I have some troubles with twitch (basically everytime i get either black screen or total lag fest).

Is your internetspeed good enough? If you have low internetspeed you can downscale the quality in the bottom right corner in twitch (if I remember right)

If your internet is good, but you still encounter the problem you can try watching twitch with the twitch client (what used to be the curse client). Or you can try watching twitch on a different device (laptop/pc/phone)... that might help. 

3 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Is your internetspeed good enough? If you have low internetspeed you can downscale the quality in the bottom right corner in twitch (if I remember right)

If your internet is good, but you still encounter the problem you can try watching twitch with the twitch client (what used to be the curse client). Or you can try watching twitch on a different device (laptop/pc/phone)... that might help. 

Internetspeed should be good enough I think. It is normaly around 1mb and above (highest "normal" is 3mb), it fluctuates a lot thought because i share my conection with 400 other people (students dorm) and depending on how many are online it can get pretty low. Other things like youtube are working fine thought.

I will try the client oyu advised.