Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

We now have a Patreon !   10/16/17

Donations are back, but they're now all on Patreon ! Feel free to check it out : https://goo.gl/TwmHYW
Fauchderial

Wells new upgrade

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The Well is a pretty amazing way to get energy in bf and it the most important one to play. So the idea will be to implement a new mechanic to the game to make it more interesting at some point.

OK let start with "what the upgrade is ?"

There will be 3 possible upgrade for PVE and 4 for PVP. For PVE u can have all upgrades for PVE (for each orbs, +1 upgrade in the same categories or in another one. [maximum of 4 in total]) and only 1 for pvp but you can have up to 3 upgrades (+1 for each orbs [Same as PVE]. (If u have more ideas comment below ^-^)

Each new orbs u have (until your fourth one) u will have for each a possible upgrade.

UPGRADES FOR PVE

1. Energy production increased by 1 (first one) 3 (second one) and 5 (last one)

2. Power Well can shoot like orbs. (much more less stronger than the orbs)

3. You can give to your power well one spell until the rest of the game. (You need at least 3 orbs and the abilities cost nothing but have a timer.)

UPGRADES FOR PVP :kappaross:BOBFROG'S IDEA:kappaross:

1. increase energy production rate (same as PVE ?)

2. increase total power of a well (my idea to make it more useful it make it more stronger. So More hp or a shield on it.)

3. increase energy return rate from void

4. reduce the amount of energy lost when a unit dies.

Comment are below for u guys so don't hesitate if something make you angry. (I have checked a lot if there is no other kind of this idea but I found nothing so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

See you next topic guys !

IDEAS OF OTHERS

Defqon's Idea

"Nice idea, But I would make the amount of power in a well higher & increase well power production, without the rest of those things"

Edited by Fauchderial

Nice idea, But I would make the amount of power in a well higher & increase well power production, without the rest of those things

hmm regarding pvp i dont like the changes much (2. and 3.).

the more defensive abilities you give the players, the slower the game will become, because more defenses are successfull. and what i really like about bf is that although it is a strategic game, the matches are quick and usually over after 15 minutes.

maybe this could be interesting:

1. increase energy production rate

2. increase total power of a well (dont think that this would be usefull in pvp=

4. reduce the ammount of energy lost when a unit dies.

for pve the other abilities could be fun though

1 minute ago, DawsonTheFish said:

PvE would be wayyyy too easy with this and PvP would just be a whole new level of rebalance issues.

For pve, we can add a lot more enemies and some unit, building and spell restrictions.

But yes ;/, unfortunately pvp will be broken except if we put all cost much more higher to prevent the thing (and that can be a nice idea for pve too).

I think you are forgetting how long it takes to make a single card. Its way easier said then done, so to add all of this will take a while.

Wait seriously? Sorry dude, but I think your ideas are really bad if you honestly want them implemented into the game. They would completely change the whole game balance without any reason for the change.
The changes that we will see in Battleforge will be only the ones necessary (e.g. earnable BFP) or majorly helpful as the devs already stated and I simply can't see a way in which your suggestion is helpful.
I feel bad for only speaking up against your idea but I just can't see any pro's right now.

PS: Just FYI PvE suggestion #2 is useless to implement if it is weaker than an orb as currently orbs only do minimal amounts of dmg.

Posted (edited)

Also there are cards already for some of the effects you describe:

resource booster increases the power outcome of a well (with a drawback though, so it doesn't mess up PvP).

Liquid tank increases the total power outcome of a well without changing the rate.

Kobold trick can repair wells and orbs instantly, glacier shell can give them protection (extra hp), same as shield building

Amii ritual makes your wells and orbs basically invincible (depending on the affinity)

There's the building infernal machine wich lets your wells and orbs deal damage to all surrounding units, frontier keep freezes them in the same manner.

There are much more spells, buildings and also units wich interact with orbs and wells like skyelf templar.

I know it's not the same because your ideas are usable with whatever deck you are playing. But tbh i like the current state much more, where every deck has its own capabilites. Biggest con is still that it would completly destroy the pvp balance wich was carefuly build over 3 years.

Edited by SunWu II.

the only thing i may change aldo it makes the game easyer is increasing of the powerstock of a well so i does produce longer energy but that does also effect the old way of pvp (specaly on longer matches) ind pve u just get in the end more energy but there it does not realy do a big thing.

my opinion would be a rising of about 20% of the power/energystock so that the gameplay isnt to much effected or changed. but even so i dont think such a thing is nessary if u dont get along with the normal energy supply then u might wanna change some of ur strategy or deckbuild in order to compensate. incresing the output looks for me more like wanna use a cheat and not focus on perfectioning ur strategy.

@Asraiel There are different wells ingame with different amounts of power. They are part of a level design so one doesn't have too much or too few power in the long run. In PvE it is usually the case that one struggles for power early but got tons of power later on. Therefore in regards to PvE it doesn't need to be increased. Regarding PvP the balancing is far too frail to make such a change.
As you said anything can be overcome by changing strategy and/or deck composition.

Not that I want to discourage you from having ideas, but I don't think this was a good one. Try again next time. (note that I only speak for PvP, but in general it seems like power wells are such an integral mechanic in the game that you may as well create a whole new game if you want to change the mechanic).

I think the mechanics of battleforge are some of the best balanced mechanics for a strategy game (cards, maybe not, but well hp and power production: yes). I think even something like reducing the damage of all cards by 10% suddenly makes fire t1 pointless. So yeah, messing with something as fundamental as the wells will completely change the balance of the game. As some sort of mini-game, perhaps it would be cool, but only as a 1-time event to see how well players adapt.

On 03/10/2017 at 9:12 PM, bobfrog said:

hmm regarding pvp i dont like the changes much (2. and 3.).

the more defensive abilities you give the players, the slower the game will become, because more defenses are successfull. and what i really like about bf is that although it is a strategic game, the matches are quick and usually over after 15 minutes.

maybe this could be interesting:

1. increase energy production rate

2. increase total power of a well (dont think that this would be usefull in pvp=

4. reduce the ammount of energy lost when a unit dies.

for pve the other abilities could be fun though

And what about a roof for number of building active, only for PVP ?

1 thing that may can be added are modes with higher energy at the start this alone does change the intire game as well pvp. dont know what the energy is at the start of a pvp game but by for example doubble the start energy, this small change would allredy have a huge impact on the game. but if such a thing may be added i would recomend to add a diffrent mode and not to implement this in ranked pvp.