Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

We now have a Patreon !   10/16/17

Donations are back, but they're now all on Patreon ! Feel free to check it out : https://goo.gl/TwmHYW

@ThomasMann a deck with only maulers. :kappa: Just cause you can't even summon them. I mean it would be very hard to win right?

Jokes aside I never really saw a lot of frost in pvp so maybe that might be hard. Not that I am a proper pvp player.

Maybe @Eirias can tell.

1 hour ago, Eddio said:

@ThomasMann a deck with only maulers. :kappa: Just cause you can't even summon them. I mean it would be very hard to win right?

Jokes aside I never really saw a lot of frost in pvp so maybe that might be hard. Not that I am a proper pvp player.

Maybe @Eirias can tell.

It's cute that you think I'm still a top PvP player :). Not that I mind, of course, but I think @RadicalX is the best player with access to beta right now. But thanks for the reminder that I should update my guide :)

Well, generally I'd say bandits is the worst deck, so that's probably the hardest to play at a high level. But if you can consistently win t1, I think you stand a good chance. So my actual answer is Pure Nature, because you have to be really good to execute the t1 correctly and even then it has some terrible matchups. But at lower levels, where players don't pressure in t1 as much, factions like frost, stonekin, and nature do much better because they can usually just chill in t1.

15 hours ago, Eddio said:

Pure Frost is one of the easier Decks to play (really spammy), through the low costs combined with the high HP, AoEs such as Eruption or Nasty arent really worth it. And its ultra defensiv so perfect for the more responding player. In High rank you will face alot of Scavy or Phasetower rushs but depending on the map there is still a good chance to win.

Harder Decks are Bandits and Pure Nature (provided you play without treespirit). Bandits have the advantage of Fire (or Shadow) T1, but are worse in T2. While Nature need a long time to scale as good as other Decks through high costs, but after that it can destroy.  Both are not really fun to play, at least for me :D.

19 hours ago, Eirias said:

It's cute that you think I'm still a top PvP player :).

Wait? You aren't? You even have a honorable mention here.

Do you mean hard like
This deck sucks I can't climp
or
This deck has high floor skill

On 8/18/2017 at 1:58 PM, Aragorn said:

Wait? You aren't? You even have a honorable mention here.

lol

The honorable mention was because I knew stuff (and iirc, that was super early on in the forums....I think @xHighTech was the only other player on the forums who consistently played fire-nature). The point of that thread was the find a list of people who are publicly known for having lots of knowledge about a particular faction, and a willingness to share knowledge about it. For that, I'll still list myself :)

But as a general PvP player, no :)

And the joke was that I talked really big before I got into beta and then when I did, I realized my micro was entirely gone and I can't play this game anymore :kappa: 

In my opinion one of the hardest decks was frost/nature, stonekin creatures was really expensive and loosing one or two of them can end up loosing your match. And I have really struggle playing with pure fire against that heavy units :P

For me honestly it was pure nature. I haven't tried all decks at full power of course but nevertheless of all the meta ones, nature has one of the best potential but little mistakes can easily cost you the game and it's T1 is pretty hard in my opinion.

Posted (edited)

There is really no other answer than Bandits. Sure, fire T1 is good and Bandit T3 is great as well, but that means nothing when you lose in T2. Sure, Windhunter is alright, but he is bugged and deals less damage than he is supposed to. What's even worse, his S-knockback will spread units so far apart that the splash is not great enough to hit the full unit, resulting in an even higher damage decrease. Bandit Sorceress also has a too small splash radius and will only deal a fraction of her original damage. Bandit Stalker is arguably one of the worst cards in the game and the rest are just s-sized creatures that are easy to conter.

That leaves you with fire and shadow frost cards and no CC. Once you defend with Bandits, you are done. You can only defend with units which will swiftly be contered with CC, making you watch how you lose one well after another. You have strong shadow buffs, but they are of no use since you have no good expensive unit to use it one. The few good players who enjoyed the challange of playing this deck had to resort to Sunderer to use their buffs. That is, if your buffs don't get countered via CC.

You have a deck with no synergy and little offensive potential. Even worse, once you are in a defending position you will auto-lose the game.

At least all other decks have some kind of synergy either via strong splash cards or their unique faction cards. Bandits lack both.

Edited by Mental Omega

Posted (edited)
On 20.8.2017 at 3:32 AM, Eirias said:

I think @xHighTech was the only other player on the forums who consistently played fire-nature).

Mostly - Not Only

Edited by xHighTech

Pure Shadow without cards as phasetower, forsaken, aura of corruption, harvester, unholy power, void manipulation and t3 uncounterable cards as for example sorrow of the conspirator...

I played a similar constellation often in 2vs2 and it isn't that easy. Also nether warp has to be used very often, since it is you're only cc after Knight of Chaos.

If you play wisely withou these must-have cards you even can defeat some pure shadow lamers such as Abaaaamaaaaa or rds for example. If you have someone who knows how to play with lame stuff, then guess what? You have to lame back too.

For me and for a player named ElementG it was always boring to play only with a forsaken spam or just defend everything with AoC which is the unrisky, safe but also boring part especially in 2vs2.

ElementG always played a "fundeck" in the ladders. With decomposer, executor, wrath blades, nether warp green and blue affinity, befallen's curse, blood healing, eliminator, snapjaws, undead army, unstable demon, wrath gazer and so on... so basically some of those cards which just haven't got to look for in a competitive ranked pure shadow deck and tactics which are too old to be efficient enough beating someone with a "lame competitive deck" such as a grigorideck and so on...

That is why i did not often play with ElementG in 2vs2 ranked. He made it especially difficult.

Though snapers are excellent.

Edited by Cyruel

On 11/14/2017 at 2:30 PM, LeBastille said:

I'm with Dexirian.

Pure nature isn't really suitable for PvP, the costs are just too high.

Frost can kick ass and isn't that hard to play...

I never said it wasn't suitable for PvP though, when well played it's one of the stronger decks, but it has to be played at a very high level to be viable. If you can make it out of T1 alive and on even grounds, good players will mess your day up in T2 with those energy siphons.

I really have to disagree here; nature is one of the weakest decks in the game.

The deck has terrible counters in t2 against m units which make up the majority of offensive options for most factions. Especially burrowers are extremely hard to deal with and can easily nuke a base and then just run to the next or get out safely. Yes void manipulation with voidless units and permaheal is entirely broken (i don't think anyone wants to argue that...), but most good players don't simply let you do that and stop you before that ever becomes relevant.

The t1 is actually ok if you are comfortable with rushing an enemy well (map dependent) or have a mexican standoff until your heals and cc outscales the enemy t1. It basically works great as soon as there is a power advantage or if the power levels are high. On low power levels you have costly units and no power to support/save them, which makes it very hard to win fights. However due to the immense popularity of phasetowers and mortar your t1 can be cheesed in many matches.

tl;dr: While nature can be very strong in some specific situations, it is very easily abused and unreliable in general.

I think i'm stuck in the Season 1 mentality before the release of additional cards. Most of my PvP experience comes from the original 200 cards meta, which was where nature was at it's strongest imo. It is true that newer decks have a much more versatile array of options, and pure nature does sorely lack in M counter apart from spearmens. But back in my day, Beijinguy was a force to be reckoned with, hence my slightly biased opinion. 

Hardest deck in my opinion is Beijingguy's Root Network Pure Nature deck. The skill floor is something beyond most players(definitely beyond me). He either didn't have burrowers or deep one in the deck(can't remember which) which made his attacks almost entirely reliant on spikeroot.

On 16.11.2017 at 3:47 PM, Dexirian said:

I never said it wasn't suitable for PvP though, when well played it's one of the stronger decks, but it has to be played at a very high level to be viable. If you can make it out of T1 alive and on even grounds, good players will mess your day up in T2 with those energy siphons.

You may be right.

Anyways...I tried to play pure nature for PvP and failed exceptionally. My deck was at a very high level, maybe I just could't handle it.