Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Join our Discord !   05/04/17

We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA

ADS   22 members have voted

1. 1. Ads or not ?

• Ads, in case aren't enough
    • Not
  2. 2. Where to add ads ?

• Launcher
    • Login Screen
    • Market
    • Trade
    • I don't know
    • Nowhere...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ADS TOPIC

When I was talking on discord, noney and me have gotten an idea. Adding ads if donation isn't enough. 

Where to add ads and do we really need them ???

Suggestion is welcome :) !

Edited by Fauchderial

As Blank said on BionicReapers thread he doesn't want to do any ads as long as he is part of this project. As well as this for now we prefer to keep the forum clean and accessible without ads being in members' way.

I think They are a good idea if it keeps the game alive rather than all this work for something that might wither again in a few years. Also there are plenty of games that have a launcher with adds included in it and its something that does not affect the game play or the game itself but they are there. 

I recall making a thread with like a dozen brainstormed methods to generate money, but I can't seem to find it . . . it may have been before the forum update, which means it's not integrated in search?

I was answering

1.Not

and

2.Nowhere

above, mainly because i did not see the main post for some reason so i had to go with the info in the questions.

If ads are really necessary i think the launcher and login screen would be best as they would be least annoying there. If it is absolutely necessary even market and trade are possible as long as itz is not within the actuall game and is not in an annoying form. Annoying in my eyes would be pop ups, ads that suddenly open your browser and bring you to weird sites or ads that constantly make weird sounds, Banners on the sides would be ok i think.

2 hours ago, Tam Hawkins said:

Annoying in my eyes would be pop ups, ads that suddenly open your browser and bring you to weird sites or ads that constantly make weird sounds

Getting a parking ticket or your phone running out of battery is annoying. The things you describe are straight rage-inducing and would make me stop playing a game forever and avoid anything else from that company, too.

I'm glad Blank said no ads.

Currently the website doesn't generate enough daily traffic to warrant this. Though maybe in future the company that's taken over the project may want to promote their or their affiliates' products when they see enough potential.  

I actively block ads in my browser (both on websites and on YouTube) so it wouldn't matter to me as I rarely see advertisements, however ite never bothered me in games if done sensibly i.e. not obstructing the GUI, or hindering gameplay in any form. It can actually help immersion if the advertising fits into the gameworld.

And it already exists in BattleForge, one way or another e.g. Lord Cyrian promoting the game Lord of Ultima, or Santa and the Easter Egg reminding us of holidays and to buy things - though not particularly aimed at a specific product or service, but still somewhat immersion breaking and not lore-friendly like a real advert would be.