Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Join our Discord !   05/04/17

We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MephistoRoss

What deck would you make if all cards were neutral?

9 posts in this topic

Hypothetically, what deck would you make if all cards were neutral?

So each card would still require the same amount of orbs, just not bound to any color like the legendary cards (rogan, mo, jorne etc.), but in contrast to the legendary not limited to play only one each game.

What deck would be OP, fun or just crazy? Pick your decks for both PvE and PvP.

For PvE I would go for:

T1: forsaken, frost mage, ice barrier, home soil, surge of light, ensaring roots, mine, life weaving

T2: harvester, fire dancer, curse of oink, unholy power, resource booster, matter mastery (g)

T3: shrine of war, ashbone pyro, frenetic assault (p)

T4: batariel(r) unholy hero, regrowth

PvE.thumb.PNG.67def3100437b75b3175d6103cd80c19.PNG

For PvP I would go for something like this:

T1: scavenger, forsaken, master archers, lightblade (p), Dryad (b), eruption, surge of light, ensnaring roots, life weaving

T2: shadow mage, darkelf assasins, enforcer, lave field, disenchant(g), harvester, kobold trick, shrine of memory, curse of oink

T3: timeless one, juggernaut

PvP.thumb.PNG.bfcc9da0ab48d3a2980666065b0f3fe2.PNG

Posted (edited)

I wonder how a PvP meta in this game mode developed, would there be T3 still? Maybe even T4 because everybody has building protects and cc and now every game takes 30 minutes, i don't know but my deck would probably look something like this:

- scavy, nox, forsaken, dryad, homesoil, glacier, surge of light, ensnaring roots, nasty surprise    edit: should maybe fit hurricane somewhere in here

- harvy, amii phantom, oink, parasite swarm, shadowmage, disenchant, koboldtrick, enforcer, wareagle, firedancer, area ice shield...i wonder if buffs like lifeweaving would still be played if everyone had access to disenchant

I wouldn't be surprised if this mode led to a strange meta, for example one where only superdeffensive decks have a chance and at least two T4 cards are a must. Somebody has to find a find a safe way through all the T1 and T2 madness first, of course, but after that it would be amii ritual spam and destroying/rebuilding monuments to get that winning score. Maybe a curse well / orb here and there to spice things up but that could be a quite boring meta in the end wich is counterintuitive when you look at the sheer amount of cards

Edited by SunWu II.

Well this is what i would go for in pve. My fav combination needs to be in, infect+soulshatter+cluster red. Also an Moloch powered up with wheel of gifts. But its really tough to decide what to choose so i just went for my favorites

ifallareneutral.thumb.png.8c3304be9ddef0c7ef81fee6380a4b69.png

I'm not a good pvp player so i have no idea what to choose for pvp if all were neutral :)

But nice topic though

Posted (edited)

This would make an interesting game mode.  Here would be my PvP deck:

?26b55c6a19b4e65ecaff6487fc72160b

1. Forsaken best T1 archer with amazing ability.
  2. Scavenger slightly better than Dreadcharger do to the slow.
  3. Nox required to counter Frost Mage + M unit spam.
  4. Frost Mage to counter S unit spam and because the splash damage is really strong in large numbers.  Also good in T2 vs Parasite Swarm and some other S units.
  5. Dryad blue for resistance to Eruption and other AoE damage—and because the damage reduction is just really strong in general and the sleep is nice in the early game.
  6. Ice Barrier for Homesoil.
  7. Homesoil because AoE damage buff is insane.
  8. Mine for the Root combo.
  9. Roots for CC and Mine combo.
  10. Surge of Light is efficient at all stages of the game and negates Eruption spam and T1 Nasty Surprise, especially if you micro well.
  11. Rallying Banner combos with all of the T2 units and activates Homesoil.
  12. Enforcer best M/M counter.
  13. Firedancer best siege unit.
  14. Drake to counter Energy Parasites and cliffing.
  15. Darkelves best S counter and great archer is general.
  16. Lyrish to counter XLs (Harvester) and combos well with Rallying Banner.
  17. Kobold Trick for obvious reasons.
  18. Parasite Swarm to counter T2 L units and T3 units (though your opponent won't get to T3 if you play this deck correctly).
  19. Oink best CC.
  20. Wildfire is amazing with Roots.

It's interesting to think about what the meta would end up being for a game mode like this.  It would probably get stale pretty fast—T1 would devolve into Frost Mage + Nox spam and the player with the best Roots would win.  T2 would be very fast paced with Firedancer + Homesoil bringing down wells in seconds; and for that reason there would be no T3.  There's definitely some potential for cheese with Rallying Banner/Ice Barrier + AoC + towers with Kobold/Glacier; it's a little hard to find room for all of that when there's so many good pure cards to play though.

EDIT: replaced AoC with Dryad.

Edited by synthc

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, synthc said:

T2 would be very fast paced with Firedancer + Homesoil bringing down wells in seconds; and for that reason there would be no T3.

Enforcer + wareagle with maybe netherwarp or lavafield should be able to deal with any firedancer attack i think, at least as long as it's not to cliffy and the defending player anticipates a little. I can imagine T2 would become a game of finding the weakpoint in your oponents T2 and then getting the perfect unit constellation to win trades. It would surprise me if there was more welldropping than in standard 1vs1 with all the CCs, protects and strong defensive spells and units you got here. (well maybe more well dropping than in a stonekin mirror :P)

I would definetly give an amii ritual T3 a chance, once it's up you have the ability to completly negate damage on buildings. Combining that with voidstorm would leave your oponent incapable of any attack and you could pretty much do whatever you like then.

Edit: How much happens in T2 will also be very map dependend, playing this mode on Yrmia for example might certainly end in a game like you describe. On the other hand some giant random maps favour the T3 player.

Edited by SunWu II.

19 hours ago, SunWu II. said:

Enforcer + wareagle with maybe netherwarp or lavafield should be able to deal with any firedancer attack i think, at least as long as it's not to cliffy and the defending player anticipates a little. I can imagine T2 would become a game of finding the weakpoint in your oponents T2 and then getting the perfect unit constellation to win trades. It would surprise me if there was more welldropping than in standard 1vs1 with all the CCs, protects and strong defensive spells and units you got here. (well maybe more well dropping than in a stonekin mirror :P)

War Eagle gets countered by Parasite Swarm, Lava Field gets countered by heals, and you can use Mine + Wildfire + Roots to defend against Enforcers.  I definitely think the strongest PvP deck would be pure fire based—pure fire has the strongest units and their damage spells combo insanely well with CC.  Pure fire's weakness is a lack of CC, building protection, and heals; so if you build a pure fire deck that has all those things (and Homesoil), it will be unstoppable at T2.

Sure, on some huge maps your opponent may be able to get to T3, but even then, the combination of Parasite Swarm and Lyrish Knights counters almost everything at T3, and you can continue to wail away at their monuments with Homesoiled Firedancers.  This deck may not be the end-all of an all-neutral meta, surely other decks would be perfectly viable, but I definitely think that offensive decks would be much stronger than defensive decks, because offensive decks like pure fire have to give up more (no CC, heals, building protection, and various combos) than defensive decks.  The most defensive deck, pure frost, for example, already has access to CC, building protection, and shields; so allowing them to play any cards regardless of color doesn't help them nearly as much as it helps pure fire.  I couldn't see 30 minute long games between ultra defensive decks with big T3s or even T4 happening (at least not at the higher levels).

10 hours ago, synthc said:

Pure fire's weakness is a lack of CC, building protection, and heals; so if you build a pure fire deck that has all those things (and Homesoil), it will be unstoppable at T2.

So...a stonekin deck with some fire cards? :)

You might be right though, tbh i can only make wild guesses because i can't even imagine how the T1 fights would be. How long they take would also highly influence if a T3 can be successfull.

I was thinking of making a custom map to play with this idea. I think it will be impossible though without changing the actual game, but maybe there is a way around this to work with the currect game mechanics. For example give each player all orbs x 4 at start somewhere outside of the gameplay area (so all cards will be playable and they cant be destroyed). Also add a script that will make you lose the game if you play a card with an orb requirement without having built the extra orb(s) for it (so you cant play t2/t3/t4 at start without having build the orbs for it).

If someone has a better idea, please let me know. 

Any experienced custom map developer interested in making something like this (maybe by modifying an official pvp map)?