BattleForge RP Revival Announcement (Elemental Clash)

MrXLink

The Elemental Clash's Revival!  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you (still) like to participate in The Elemental Clash, a BattleForge role-playing thread?

• Hell yeah! I'll be returning to the thread, and I would like to keep my existing story and continue it in all its glory!
    • Definitely! I'll be returning to the thread, but I would like to completely rewrite my story. Wipe my past from existence!
    • For sure, awesome! My Character Sheet was already posted in the past, and I still want said character accepted. Please look at it for me!
    • Sounds like a cool idea! I am new to the RP and will soon set up and post my Character Sheet!
    • Nah, sorry, I'm out. I don't feel like it anymore, or I do not have the time to participate consistently. Please remove all traces of my participation!
    • No, I'm afraid I'm out. I don't feel like it anymore, or I do not have the time to participate consistently. Please keep my existing posts though, I will write an end to it myself.

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies, Skyfolks

Maybe a few of you remember the BattleForge roleplay that I had going on a while ago, which unfortunately died out a bit due to personal circumstances and people not having enough time. I've been long since attempting to revive this thread, and I therefore think it is a good idea to have a look at who's still in.

For those who don't know, The Elemental Clash was a thread in which people would participate to create a collaborative story set within the BattleForge universe using BattleForge characters, each with their own abilities, strengths and weaknesses, but with a lot of creative freedom. You can find the threads for signing up and the story so far over here:

I was originally intending to give the RP a fresh start, but of course some of you have worked hard on a character sheet and several posts already, and I would prefer if those posts don't have to go to waste. Some characters already started intertwining their storylines though. Instead, I propose to do a cleanup of the existing RP topic. In order to set up the story again, I need help from the current and upcoming participants to let me know whether they are still game and up for posting at the very least once per week. 

So: If you want to join in this collaborative story, or want to participate again in case you were already in, please read the following:

• Please vote on the poll in this thread whether you are going to participate. Remember that if you are new, you also need to make a character sheet as seen in the signup thread above. If you do not vote on this poll I will consider you as inactive and out of the game.
  • After a short time, I'd say about a week, I will check this poll and keep posts from everyone who has told me to stay in. I will be archiving/hiding posts from everyone who is either out or hasn't responded. I will do the same for existing character sheets!
  • The poll also gives you the possibility to rewrite your existing story if you have an accepted character. In this case, if no ties are made between your and an existing character, I will keep you in the RP but archive all your existing posts, and you can start with a blank slate.
  • If your story has intertwined with another participant who is no longer active, you are allowed to propose a solution to fix your storyline. If you can't, you will have to start over from scratch, too.
  • If you are still here but want to step out of the RP and finish your story, vote for it in the poll and you can give your story a proper ending, thereby keeping your posts intact. If you do not, your posts will be wiped.
  • Once I have cleaned up the threads, every participant who is new and has made a character sheet will be checked for the opportunity to join.
  • Completely new applications are not at risk of being wiped, obviously.
  • Before participating, make sure you have at least time for a post per week
  • I will refer to this thread in the existing RP threads, and will let you all know when it starts. If you want to be sure you're there when it starts, be sure to follow the topic using the button in the right top of the topic.
  • Once the topic has been cleaned up, it would be wise to re-read the RP and your Character Sheet so far to get back into the game.

I hope many of you are still up for the task of writing for the RP, and hopefully you can all get at least a small post per week in. Let me hear those replies and participation messages, and let's make this story more epic than ever!

Link I thank you so much for this :) I have been eagerly waiting for months. And now it is finally here. Hope many guys and girls will join this amazing RP.

Edited by Dzodin

I'd say a fresh start would be fine. If new players join in, even though there hasn't been much connection between players so far, it would feel more user friendly. I'll be joining in and hopefully we manage to create an epic and complex story going on. 

Lemme just tag @kestas3 who could be interested ;) 

Edited by anonyme0273

This is true, but it would be really hard to play a character without a will or mind or thoughts or motivation. This is why I altered that part of the Twilight lore. It could just be a new strain of curse.

4 hours ago, Malzawar said:

Hmm its interesting, but the Twilight part contradicts the bf lore ... Not sure if you are aware or want to keep it regardless, but the twiliggt cursed have no will nor mind, therefore they cannot want revenge.

that's why i made it half cursed

22 hours ago, Malzawar said:

Hmm its interesting, but the Twilight part contradicts the bf lore ... Not sure if you are aware or want to keep it regardless, but the twiliggt cursed have no will nor mind, therefore they cannot want revenge.

18 hours ago, Defqon said:

that's why i made it half cursed

It's so nice to read that people know twilight lore.

It keeps the Battleforge universe alive!

• 1 month later...

I have processed the poll entries and cleaned up both the signup thread and the story itself. Please check it out. The new RP is now go! For those who want to start over or still need to send me a CS, now is the perfect time to make a post in the signup thread!