Have a question for the Role Play ? You're at the right place !

Fauchderial

@MrXLink announced some kind of revival of the official old thread I linked in your previous thread about RP. Also, for people who don't know what's going on at all, I suggest you introduce your idea a bit and link your first thread to give them some perspective as well.

Otherwise... do I have questions? Yes.

• how will the gameplay look like? The character creation is nice, but messy and it's hard to tell which attribute serves what purpose.
  • is there a game master or is it just ffa (free for all) where stories go on by everyone and they either connect or not?
  • when do you plan on starting?
  • do you plan to work alongside @MrXLink and the others who played the last RP, or start brand new?

Please, go into detail about how the game works and how you imagine it so people can relate and know what to expect. Thanks, cheers, looking forward to playing.

37 minutes ago, anonyme0273 said:

how will the gameplay look like? The character creation is nice, but messy and it's hard to tell which attribute serves what purpose.

First, You will have a character. Example my character is a dragon, so he will have a HP bar (RED), Stamina (GREEN) and Mana bar (BLUE).

Capture.PNG.80ab7f6f7aeb6d98e45baa13dd65ab06.PNG

Secondly, Your abilities will be used to know if your action will be a success or not. Example:

Under number 4 on the dice = critical success (Your actions will be more effective than the normal.)

Above number 97 on the dice = critical failure (You will have a really bad surprise of what will happen...)

Capture.PNG.c6a6cb582f61659520dac7831e88d13a.PNG

I have there 30 in toughness, so I will add 100 (starting life) + 30.

For Stamina, if you have 30, you will have 30. (same thing for Mana.)

is there a game master or is it just ffa (free for all) where stories go on by everyone and they either connect or not?

I will be the game master :).

when do you plan on starting?

When I will finish the first chapter.

38 minutes ago, anonyme0273 said:

do you plan to work alongside @MrXLink and the others who played the last RP, or start brand new?

I don't know...

As much as I like the idea (and I really do), it sounds more fitting for a board game RP where people sit around a table and play consecutively. The way it is now (people at their computers) will be very slow for the game to progress even if there is just mere 2 players. The system you wrote above is appropriate for live gameplay where the intense situations are kept through each players turns, whereas in this format of computer "chat" it will, I fear, be mundane and not very exciting. I'm just giving you my opinion here, but I'd really like the idea to somehow continue and grow until we have a nice RP. 

Good luck.

11 hours ago, Archmystic said:

how active does people have to be and what timezone is the RP done in? 
and how many times a week/month will the rp be?

It will be the weekend, so it won't be very difficult to join the RP. It will be 1 day a week.

I hope to have answered to all your questions @Archmystic

Just now, Fauchderial said:

It will be the weekend, so it won't be very difficult to join the RP. It will be 1 day a week.

I hope to have answered to all your questions @Archmystic

just one last, is the timezone, because if it will be abit hard to make a schedule if people follow different timezones since even a 1 hour difference can kinda rip a schedule appart if its not known.

and another thing puzzles me abit, will the rp be speech or text based?  - because it kinda looks like a talky talky rp system like DnD/pathfinder etc