Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Fauchderial

Auto 5min. message

There is always people asking for when the Beta will arrive and.... NO STOP

I think the best solution is to have a bot constantly every 5 min. Give a link to Rules, FAQ and or All Things Beta. It will not stop every new incomer, but it will reduce them.

Hello @Fauchderial as helpful as you're trying to be in recommending this sadly it would just spam the chatbox, we did have a bot created by @Lord NullPointer but the bot is currently MIA as a forum update murdered him and Null is currently busy with irl things as well as coding the game so the bot has been put on hold.

It did. There was set up commands to allow members to get the bot to post links to the forums rules, FAQ and the devplatform.

The commands were like trigger words. Such as a newcomer saying "when can I play" would trigger a reply to read the FAQ. Spamming the same message every 5m is just tedious and clogs up the chatbox.

Well welcome to the world where people stopped reading or trying to find information by themselves. Unfotunately you can only become sick of it. It's in every game, forum or any kind of community. Even students, who are supposed to, do not read and want the information to be giving when asked. You got two options, answer or ignore. In another game i tried it for about 2 month with being kind and answering. Then rude with telling "learn to read". If you don't like it, ignore it. That's what i did because its better than being rude. If anyone knows a way better option share it please...

Over at the Initium game, people loved to answer questions for some reason.

But there was also the option to post a link via a slash command (everybody could do it) like /faq or /guide

And it is very easy to redirect some newbie to the right topic to answer their question, via some short command. Shouldnt be hard to set up.