Alien Swarm (free co-op tactical shooter on Steam)

Ilsyde

header.jpg?t=1492707641

Not sure how many of you are aware of this, but Alien Swarm has been re-released on Steam under the title Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop.

The original game was released 7 years ago and was/is a fantastic top-down co-operative tactical shooter with lots of variety, tense moments and atmosphere.
This new version just adds some extra bits e.g. allowing 8 players to co-operate on each map and Steam Workshop.

ss_d27ffd98ffad3de3b531d450495f173b4ded0

If you don't know the game, imagine Starship Troopers or Warhammer 40k's Space Hulk from a top down perspective where players pick different classes, weapons and equipment then work together to complete missions and survive the alien swarm.
There are lots of weapons and items to use and unlock, 8 characters to choose from (medics, tech marines, heavies etc.) and of course objectives to complete as you progress through the map.

Missions and campaigns are usually tense and exhilirating, as the game gets quite hard on higher difficulty levels and requires the players to work together as a team. Leave no one behind, especially the technicians as no one else can hack doors and terminals! :P

The game is completely free (courtesy of Valve) and may be downloaded here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/
Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMYdKqXFbiE

ss_b7f93321552d3cab04b8d7dc5f1573a5209fa

Steam Workshop means there are more and more maps and mods added each day (e.g. the one allowing you to play as Chaos or Space Marines).

Enjoy!

Man I remember Alien Swarm back in the day! Spent quite the few hours playing it, sad to see it get removed glad it's back might look into getting it again when I have got more time! :D

10 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Man I remember Alien Swarm back in the day! Spent quite the few hours playing it, sad to see it get removed glad it's back might look into getting it again when I have got more time! :D

Yeah, and that came out 7 years ago! Hard to believe. It was even more surprising to realise that there is/was an active playerbase for the old game to this day.

I mean, who would want to play a 7 year-old game?! :rolleyes:

<_<

>_>

...never mind... :troll: