Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

We now have a Patreon !   10/16/17

Donations are back, but they're now all on Patreon ! Feel free to check it out : https://goo.gl/TwmHYW
anonyme0273

BattleForge -> Hearthstone

Posted (edited)

Lately, I have had a lot of work with... everything. However, since I was extremely bored with all work and duties, I decided to recreate certain BattleForge cards in a format viable and kinda balanced in Hearthstone.

After about 3 hours, I have created 50 new cards for BattleForge, which could almost count for half of an expansion. It is very hard to balance cards, as I found, and at the same time make them somewhat useful and especially convert their original purpose and skills from BattleForge to a Hearthstone format. The biggest challenge was the Hearthstone wording, especially the difference between "whenever" after "after".

50 cards is not a lot, but it could get very boring to go through them all, so I am creating a list below where you can choose what inteerests you. Feel free to add more, criticize my choice of power and offer rephrasing or rebalancing of all/any created cards. All cards were created in an online card generator, it can be found HERE

This idea was NOT inspired by an existing thread, I discovered it after I was done. Sorry if it looks like I stole any ideas, I certainly didn't mean to. Here is the link to an eisting thread Converting cards by @Nick

1. Wrathgazer
  2. Harvester
  3. Avatar of Frost
  4. Thugs
  5. Strikers
  6. Dreadcharger
  7. Life weaving
  8. Ashbone Pyro
  9. Lost Dragon
  10. Fire Dragon
  11. Swamp Drake
  12. Dryad
  13. Abyssal Warder
  14. Brannoc
  15. Moon
  16. Shadow Insect
  17. Grove Spirit
  18. Aggressor
  19. Ice Guardian
  20. Mana Wing
  21. Ice Tornado
  22. Aura of Corruption
  23. Hurricane
  24. Giant Slayer
  25. Shadow Mage
  26. Soulshatter
  27. Lyrish Knight
  28. Retreating Circle
  29. Frost Sorceress
  30. Shaman
  31. Shadow Phoenix
  32. Moloch
  33. Glyph of Frost
  34. Bloodlust
  35. Spitfire
  36. Nether Warp
  37. Tortugun
  38. Forest Elder
  39. Promise of Life
  40. Rifle Cultists
  41. Ravage
  42. Eruption
  43. Backlash
  44. Werebeasts
  45. Energy Parasite
  46. Lightblade
  47. Unholy Hero
  48. Offering
  49. Ripper
  50. Nightguard

-----

LINKS ABOVE ARE NOT FUNCTIONAL ANY MORE. IF YOU WANT TO ACCESS THE CARD LIST, USE THIS LINK INSTEAD:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxAYi_iyjqLIMjkzWTNUWkJ2RkE 

Which are your favourite picks? What card would you change, nerf, buff or add? All comments are welcome! Thank you for reading!

EDIT: Updated link

Edited by anonyme0273

Posted (edited)

Oh wow this look great :o:D :hype:

But uhm where is the Lost Horror at? :')

Now program a hearthstone copy so we can actually play with them :kappa: 

Edited by Eddio

My two favorites are Lyrish Knight and Aura of Corruption! Love them!

Great job, must have taken a long time to get all those cards done, salute! 

10 minutes ago, Eddio said:

Now program a hearthstone copy so we can actually play with them :kappa: 

Challenge accepted... after graduation :P 

6 minutes ago, Sykole said:

My two favorites are Lyrish Knight and Aura of Corruption! Love them!

Thank you! These two do make sense, yea :) 

Would you like to see more cards? If yes, which ones? 

17 minutes ago, ThomasMann said:

Avatar of frost card is just pure shit. 

I had to stick to the original :kappa: 

4 minutes ago, ThomasMann said:

Windweavers and Spirit Hunters? 

Sure, they sound pretty straight forward, I'll look at them at home :) thanks for the suggestion

these are just so op not even balanced cards lol :D I would like to say Avator of Frost would be a 4 mana 4/2 and gain divine shield every end of  turn maybe a bit better :D low health high shield :D

Offering and Ripper are just horrible cards xD 4 mana 2/4 and does nothing :D maybe a 3/5 stat would be nice for him and offering to your hand instead to your deck 4 mana is a lot and you have to destroy one minion.. or maybe its good for fatigue but there is more control you cant kill your own unit.

Posted (edited)

I have an Idea with Rogan

EDIT:

Scratch that, someone made one already lol :Rogan_Kayle.jpg

Edited by sylvix95

damn non hearthstone players creats absolutly crazy cards xD these are sooooo op i was looking at Spitfire too omg his ability is a flamestrike wtf :D sooo broken :D

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bkingn said:

damn non hearthstone players creats absolutly crazy cards xD these are sooooo op i was looking at Spitfire too omg his ability is a flamestrike wtf :D sooo broken :D

Yeah but this ain't serious heh.

Also, the firedragon should gain his bonus only on minions, and lose it if he don't attack a minion

Edited by sylvix95

1 minute ago, Bkingn said:

I am a HS player, not a very good one, but a priority here was to reflect their original BattleForge skills and abilities, in this case "Air Protection". Also, unlike Flamestrike, you can work around this ;) 

7 minutes ago, sylvix95 said:

I have an Idea with Rogan

EDIT:

Scratch that, someone made one already lol :

Recreate it :) I also recreated Giant Slayer 

1 hour ago, Shotty said:

Not even a deathglider is present, RIP

86a675c0.png

I wanted to implement the ability to knock back small units, but knockback is something that's not possible in Hearthstone, so I made it damage "small" units.

6 minutes ago, anonyme0273 said:

I wanted to implement the ability to knock back small units, but knockback is something that's not possible in Hearthstone, so I made it damage "small" units.

Make it a mage card and put freeze onto it? ;D

8 hours ago, Bkingn said:

It is 8 mana 6/6. If you don't have answer for 6/6 minion on turn 8, you are dead anyway. To be honest, most of those cards aren't that op, I wouldn't play them actually. If you create high cost minion, you want him to make impact instantly. Look at ragnaros, sylvanas, ysera, malygos. All of those have scary abilities, that you either need to kill instantly or you die. Exception is Ysera, where RNG may screw you and give only 3/5 minions. Here you have 8 mana 6/6 minion that does nothing during summon. You need to wait entire turn to activate his ability. In compare to new shaman legendary, which is 7/7 elemental, that can deal 3 damage to all enemy minions, Spitfire is a bit weak.

@anonyme0273 cool!

I haven't looked at all the cards yet, but some seem a bit underpowered (like, would anyone use eruption? There are plenty of 1 mana 2 damage spells, and 1 damage to the hero is not worth 1 mana)

9 minutes ago, Eirias said:

@anonyme0273 cool!

I haven't looked at all the cards yet, but some seem a bit underpowered (like, would anyone use eruption? There are plenty of 1 mana 2 damage spells, and 1 damage to the hero is not worth 1 mana)

Agree, most of those are underpowered. I can understand that their efect are supposed to reflect Battleforge effects, but look at Moon. It is 5 mana 3/3, that might do nothing. Is it good card for legendary? Let's say that you also have 7/7 taunt on board and opp got only 7 1/1. It is 5 mana 3/3, that will heal you for 7 hp for one turn in perfect scenario. Would you be happy to pull this legendary from pack?