Black Screen in PC

BionicReaper

So I guess this might not be a place to put this, but we have quite a few good programmers here so they might help me fix my issue.

The issue is: After I open my computer, it goes until the windows starting screen, and then goes completely black. Occasionally it shows a blue screen that says something like: "Failed to reset Screen Adaptor and boot system" and somewhere in there "If this is the first time you've seen this error, restart your computer".

Some extra information:

• This problem appeared yesterday. After I had finished a game of Dota 2 I was chilling in the after game chat, I added someone to my friends list and shortly after, my screen went gray. I tried ctrl+alt+delete nothing happened and also waited a lil bit. Upon restarting my pc the issue appeared.
  • Computer works fine in Safe Mode. (That's how I'm writing this.)
  • Last known good configuration doesn't work.
  • Repairing the system (Twice!) doesn't work.
  • Reinstalling the Screen Adaptor Driver doesn't work.
  • Returning the system in a previous state where it used to work, surprisingly, does not work.
  • The blue screen also recommened uninstalling newly installed software / hardware but I ain't have any.

System info:

• AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.52 GHz (Processor)
  • 8,00 GB (RAM)
  • 64-bit Windows 7 Professional N

That's about all the info I can give and think need to be given, but if you need any more feel free to ask and tell me how to find that info.

Edit: I'm trying to save the fixing money this way :kappa:

Edited by BionicReaper

I have now also:

• Used sfc /scannow in directory C:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannow
  • Pending on trying to wait a long time on the black screen.

When I have tried booting with log activated and it said it didnt load a vga.exe and another one but I dont remember.

On CBS log from sfc it said it fixed everything but for every POQ it was just like "....repair results:      "

4 hours ago, BionicReaper said:

So I guess this might not be a place to put this, but we have quite a few good programmers here so they might help me fix my issue.

Not everyone that has to do something with computers can do anything with computers. It is like thinking that everyone who can drive a car can also repair a car or even build a car by them self. Luckily there are people who are (good) programmers and also experienced with repairing computers.

Edit: I'm trying to save the fixing money this way :kappa:

Dont worry, we already know that even without telling that us ;).

After I open my computer ...

Does the problem also appear with a closed computer or just with an open one? Have you done anything while or after opening it, especially touching anything. Every information can help, even if you did something wrong (or especially such information will help).

System info:

As fiki already mentioned: Where is the information about the GPU (Graphics Card)? As far as I see your CPU doesnt have an integrated GPU.

My suggestion out of the information we got:

1. Your windows system is broken => formatting and reinstalling will help here and is the best way to deal with such problems. Dont just reinstall without formating to get a clean installed system.

2. A hardware problem with your GPU. This could be a defect where you cant do anything than replacing it, it could be that the GPU isnt correctly mounted (for example some Pins arent connected) or it could be overheating but in this case it should run for at least a while with a open case.

3. Another hardware problem, for example a defect or a to small power supply unit.

Edited by Phoenix313

One question:

Does your Fan start spinning like crazy when that happens, because it could be that your GPU is simply overheating and shutting itself off.

I had the same problem a while ago and even with cleaning out my PC, making sure that most dust is gone it still did not work. I needed to unmount my GPU and clean that one directly, afterwards it worked perfectly again.

4 hours ago, fiki574 said:

Have you left out graphics card on purpose in your specs?

Cause this sounds like a graphics card problem.

Where do I find it?

But if I remember correctly its an AMD Radeon 7700 HD Series.

1 hour ago, Tam Hawkins said:

Does your Fan start spinning like crazy when that happens, because it could be that your GPU is simply overheating and shutting itself off.

I had the same problem a while ago and even with cleaning out my PC, making sure that most dust is gone it still did not work. I needed to unmount my GPU and clean that one directly, afterwards it worked perfectly again.

My PC does make a lot of sound, yes, but it's more like a usual thing for my computer. It can take it xD

3 hours ago, Phoenix313 said:

1. Your windows system is broken => formatting and reinstalling will help here and is the best way to deal with such problems. Dont just reinstall without formating to get a clean installed system.

2. A hardware problem with your GPU. This could be a defect where you cant do anything than replacing it, it could be that the GPU isnt correctly mounted (for example some Pins arent connected) or it could be overheating but in this case it should run for at least a while with a open case.

3. Another hardware problem, for example a defect or a to small power supply unit.

Don't you think it's a driver issue? I mean it works fine in safe mode.

1 minute ago, BionicReaper said:

Don't you think it's a driver issue? I mean it works fine in safe mode.

Not necessarily, I even think it is more probably that it is a hardware problem. In safe mode the Graphics card is only used as simple graphics adapter without utilizing the GPU, at max only utilizing it with some simple 2D instructions.

=> It is almost not used (so you can use safe mod even with a broken GPU).

=> It takes almost no power (the power supply unit thing).

=> It stays cold (the heating problem).

But it could also be possible that it is a software problem. In this case when deinstalling / installing and reinstalling the driver doesnt help you have to try a reinstall of windows, because parts of the graphics driver sit on the same level as the kernel and can break the whole system when something goes wrong.

Another possibility could be a broken gpu bios, you didnt play around with gpu flashing software, did you?

18 hours ago, Phoenix313 said:

Another possibility could be a broken gpu bios, you didnt play around with gpu flashing software, did you?

I didn't, I'm not even sure what that is O.o

Anyway I'm pretty much convinced it's the graphics card now since it said it didn't boot the vga. It basically had sth like this in ntbt.txt log:

Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\umbus.sys

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys

Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys

Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS

That's all. ;) 

22 minutes ago, BionicReaper said:

In the end, we were all wrong, its actually a faulty Windows -.-

On 5.4.2017 at 4:21 PM, Phoenix313 said:

Yes, we were all wrong ;P

On 8/4/2017 at 11:24 AM, Shotty said:

Yes, we were all wrong ;P

Because you wanna be a troll, he said it was most likely a GPU. I could also say all the possibilities and be right, if you put it like that :P. Also, what's a :troll: doing in a "help me" post :kappaross:.

had this problem 2 times in the past on all pc's i owned during the last 14 years.

1 was that my screen broke so just buy a new one the other reinstalling windows

i does not save any files on my pc since 2007 so i can easy reinstall without loosing files.

if it would be an overheat (had this once) your pc would normal start and then after a while shut down itself because of overheat. 

another thing that might be of intrest did u clean your pc (tower) from dust and you didnt water it or something like that?

maybe this helps as well had this myself on a pc at work: unplug every usb devices exept keyboard and mouse and then start your pc.

had it once that the pc did start but nothing did show up on screen so after i unplgged the usb's and started the pc again it worked. and allways shut down wait a little then restart.

if used with autorestart it does not 100% restart

Edited by Asraiel