EVE online

Archeon

I found out that the game has gone free to play (or, sort of anyway, what ships/equipment you can use is limited unless you subscribe) and decided to give it a shot - anyone else here had the same bout of nostalgia, or already playing? Would be nice to catch up with people, the universe is a great big place! I've been really enjoying it, started last Sunday and after going through lots of tutorial type missions for the first couple of days, today I blew up a player-made station, explosions are pretty! ...alright I helped, by doing about 1% of the damage. Still felt good!

If there's anyone who isn't already playing but who thinks they might be interested, there's a link (http://secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=a526a176-1fe2-4e07-b27d-c4c83da04c3c&action=buddy) that will start you off with an extra 250k skill points, which is close to double what you normally start with. I can always help with any questions and I found a really nice corp who like taking on new players and helping them to get started so I'm sure they'd also be happy to extend the invitation.

Fly safely!

had a neigboure playing that in the early days and he told me inorder go get somewhere you re better off buying a small transporter over ebay or play 3 month to get one

dont know if this has changed but u start into a galaxy with players that play the game over 10 years. good luck reaching the top or being competitive :ph34r:

No idea about a transporter, but I've been playing a week (actually about 4 hours total playtime) and am starting tier 2 missions solo in a destroyer, have the skills/money to buy a cruiser but don't want to risk losing one yet! Being competetive mostly relies on finding a good corp who will help you get there, plenty of them around who know how useful even a basic frigate can be. Also it's fun to run jamming stuff and be a pita to ships that cost 1000 times what yours does :rolleyes:

a35.php

Edited by Archeon
Propaganda!