Card Collecting Games

Axeis

So, we are obviously all waiting a bit impatiently for Skylords to become available for us to play. What games have a good enough card collecting aspect to sate your current thirst?

Ditto, have played DotP 2014/15 a bit again recently, and today I thought about trying to find the oooold version of Magic that had an overland map with shops etc, but nothing comes close to the BF experience.

4 hours ago, LittleLegend said:

I have a blast playing Faeria ! It's a bit like Hearthstone, but with a boardbuilding aspect to it. Check it out, It's worth it and even similar to BF in some ways :)

Faeria is pretty nice (especially for a free to play).

Long time since I played last... wonder how it is now, probably time for a reinstall^^

6 hours ago, Archeon said:

Ditto, have played DotP 2014/15 a bit again recently, and today I thought about trying to find the oooold version of Magic that had an overland map with shops etc, but nothing comes close to the BF experience.

are you talking about SHANDALAR? that game was nice to spend time on i think i still have it in zip on a HDD somewhere

there is a kind of "card" game rts called SAGA but its servers are made of wooden toasters fixed with tape and cardboard. and its about as old as battleforge i think if not older(it did not take off but had a small playerbase, then they "remade" it into a new version which flopped hard and then they re-released it on steam)
tho it did give abit of a "battleforge" feel but its still different, but probably the closest ive seen to another game like BF.
It is kinda shitty but its F2P so if the servers are working its a decent timewaster not "too far" from bf (but it will take forever to grind any good/decent cards other than the f2p starter ones)

13 hours ago, Axeis said:

So, we are obviously all waiting a bit impatiently for Skylords to become available for us to play. What games have a good enough card collecting aspect to sate your current thirst?

there was once Magic the gathewring online but if still online dontknow but if yes its the biggest tcg there is

once was yugiohh online as well running but same as magic dont know if still running

12 hours ago, Tam Hawkins said:

Faeria is pretty nice (especially for a free to play).

Long time since I played last... wonder how it is now, probably time for a reinstall^^

Yea it ist time for a reinstall ! The game is out of beta and new cards and features will be added soon.

If you want to play for free, you can try one of these

1) Hex: Shards of Fate - similar to Magic the Gathering playstyle. I think this is the best, but it has a problem to collect usuble cards to play PvP. You will play mainly in Campaing

2) Spellweaver - similar to MTG. You cannot trade with other players.

3) Infinity Wars - Original playstyle. it takes a long time to collect new cards.

(All three games are on Steam)

Played Gwent for some time, was fun. And its still beta so the Card collection is manageable (they give out alot of keys).

After some weeks of play you have alot of Cards and can craft you a meta deck. Matchmaking was always fair and Rewards are very fair. I just stop to play cause after the highest rank there was not much to achieve atm. Atm its by far not as complex as Yu-gi-oh but that will change with a bigger card pool. 

Edited by ImperatorSK