Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Asraiel

Market/Cardstock Restrictions

hope that not to many will hate me for this post:)

My Idea is to prevent (a bit) in longtermerms to get the market controlled by some Peoples.

at start there will not be many cards in the Market but as time goes on more and more cards will be in the game and at somepoint the supply will get bigger than the demand. now in other games it happens as well that some peoples did try to control the market some even secsessful. to provent that from happening i would like to add a card restriction to the players cardvault. so he can only store a certain amount of the same card for example:

every card can be stored up to a maximum of (exlude the upreaded Cards):

Common 40 Cards of the same Card each

Uncommon 30 Cards of the same Card each

Rare 20 Cards of the same Card each

Ultrarare 10 Cards of the same Card each

that helps a bit in order to prevent market control from happening the nummers may even be lower. but this does not provent from multiaccount.

In General was my intention to find a solution that provent such a market control so that players that join in later may have a easyer way to get to good cards since most of the "old" players allredy have them on max.

maybe you have an better idea or solution

Edited by Asraiel

The problem in the old bf was that sometimes someone would flood the market with eg shamans at high prices. unexperienced players would then buy them, because the cheaper offers were flooded out of the selected cards that were displayed. (please correct me if im wrong)

Restricting an account wouldnt help, because the person would just create another account and offer the shamans from there. (Or the limit would have to be so low, that also "normal" players would be influenced)

Imo this could be prevented by always showing the cheapest cards, so that even if the market gets flooded, the cheapest offers will always be shown.

my concern is that such player dry out the market and pushing so the price. if theres a restriction in cards in stock then those player have at least a bit more work to do by switching and transfering arount and thats whats make them easyer to find if there will be a restriction on the accountcount someday.

i bearly remember how it was in specific was to long ago. but i would even go and lower the cars a bit more on:

30 common 20 uncommon 10 rare and 5 ultrarare

this may sound not as much but calculatet up on the 540 cards thats a huge amount each account sill can have and no normalplayer need more than 4 cards of each card (u3 max charge). dont know if there are allredy plans out by the devs.

Unlike the real money purchase based original version, in this game everyone will have access to the boosters at the same rate (based on game time of course). Because of this, a full market controll, which you are talking about will be almost impossible. But even if someone creates 100+ accounts and manages to milk them out completely for daily available BF points to manage to controll the price of some cards, will it really worth it?

BFP in this game will not have real money value, because purchasing it will not be possible, so there is no real point in piling them up, except for the lols and giggles.

Free market have a good property of controlling itself, and since the BFP is infinitely fed into the system, piling up immense resources will not do harm, as in the real world would.

Edited by Gahen

5 minutes ago, Gahen said:

Unlike the real money purchase based original version, in this game everyone will have access to the boosters at the same rate (based on game time of course). Because of this, a full market controll, which you are talking about will be almost impossible. But even if someone creates 100+ accounts and manages to milk them out completely for daily available BF points to manage to controll the price of some cards, will it really worth it?

BFP in this game will not have real money value, because purchasing it will not be possible, so there is no real point in piling them up, except for the lols and giggles.

Free market have a good property of controlling itself, and since the BFP is infinitely fed into the system, piling up immense resources will not do harm, as in the real world would.

Imo there will always be ppl that "pile up" amounts of ressources. In Skylords Reborn i see a reason why this would also happen because as we heard the devs are allowed to create new cards, meaning that there might be new boosters which you want to buy with bfp as soon as they are out, so if you safe up enough bfp before those new boosters come out you can instantly buy a lot and maybe get advantages that others who didnt save much bfp dont have

@Gahen thats clear to me

but the concern is because its f2p and an old game now we have 10000+ subcriberst to the forum but how many of them will still playing active after maybe 1 year? 

the less players playing the easyer its gets to control the market. im concerned about the future after the release in longer terms 

i dont know if there is or was a limitation on how many trades you could have active parallel & if i had one if it will be in the f2p as well

Edited by Asraiel

I dont think that this does help in any way because of multi accounting.

Also everyone could just make 10 or 20 offerings at one time, so there was already a limit, a more reasonable one. Further the thing with the shamans for example did only work, because there was a limit of 10 pages and 10 offerings per page in total 100 offerings. The oldest ones was shown before any other, so people with lower offerings wouldnt be seen.

But to get 10 pages full with 10 cards per page you at least need 5 or 10 accounts, I dont know wheter it was multiaccount or not. It was maybe even a group of friends, as far as I know I have seen some of them separately, so not even multiaccounting.

Finally the suggestion wont help in any way because there is / was already a much better solution to protect against it, than your suggestion. But it still didnt help. The real problem was something else, it was the limit of 10 cards per page and 10 pages.

So if you remove this limit and someone tries to flood, then everyone could put the same card even cheaper and would be seen. This would result in a big loss of BFP for the one who bought many cards and try to sell them by flooding, because flooding wouldnt work anymore.

Btw. such things were the nice aspects of the whole marketing thing and thats why it felt like a stock market.

To sum it up: no further limit, the already existing limit is ok and the limit of 10 cards per page and 10 pages should be removed.

Edit: To the shaman thing I have to say: well done ;). Is here someone who was part of it and could tell how many you gained with the action?

Edit2: I have gained myself 200-500 Bfp, because I have seen it early enough what was going on and put some of my shamans (I had only 1 to play for a while afterwards), before the market was flooded with the > 100 shamans which were necessary to make all other offerings invisible.

Ediit3: I even think that those guys bought my shamans because I set a much lower price.

Edited by Phoenix313

4 minutes ago, rittindentod said:

Imo there will always be ppl that "pile up" amounts of ressources.

Sorry, I tried to keep it short and wasn't clear enough.

I meant, that there is no point in piling up cards, not BFP (of course everyone will pile up BFP if there is nothing to spend it). Every card opened from boosters stays in the game infinitely, unless the devs introduce a scrapping function (but that would only really effect the common stuff), so the market values are expected to drop with time as the supply grows. @Asraiel's concern is, that some players will counteract this, by piling up cards, reducing supply and driving up prices. But I just don't think that's effectively achievable, since it would require insane effort with abysmal reward.

Even if new boosters are introduced, it takes huge ammount of time for a non-profit dev team to create them, so between the releases just by farming, the necessary resources can probably be gathered for the new cards.

Furthermore, driving up prices of some cards can help people get more BFP if they open a card of that type and selling it... But again, I'm getting tired of these market regulation debates. It is more than enough to handle them, if the problem really arises, which I doubt that ever will happen.

7 minutes ago, Phoenix313 said:

Also everyone could just make 10 or 20 offerings at one time, so there was already a limit, a more reasonable one. Further the thing with the shamans for example did only work, because there was a limit of 10 pages and 10 offerings per page in total 100 offerings. The oldest ones was shown before any other, so people with lower offerings wouldnt be seen.

Finally the suggestion wont help in any way because there is / was already a much better solution to protect against it, than your suggestion. But it still didnt help. The real problem was something else, it was the limit of 10 cards per page and 10 pages.

ok that i didnt remember anymore.

then just simply made the default showing options to see the cheapest offering first with other option to sort them. for my concerns it may be a bit early but may come back into consideration when several years have passed.

@fiki574 with lowest prices on top its not necessary anymore, but do you also plan to remove the limit for max pages? (It could maybe help with promos, when there are to many normal cards (for example construct or grinder), you wouldnt find the promo cards, because they would be to far at bottom to be shown).

1 hour ago, Phoenix313 said:

@fiki574 but do you also plan to remove the limit for max pages? (It could maybe help with promos, when there are to many normal cards (for example construct or grinder), you wouldnt find the promo cards, because they would be to far at bottom to be shown).

the limit of showen cards doesnt had to be removed if there isnt a limitation in it for example: the 10 pages with each 10 offering means 100 cards showen but there may be 200 cards in it so you sort them thru players sort option like: lowest price, highest price, new offerings, old offerings, smalest time until the auction end & longest time until its end. that means every option shows you a diffrent part of those 200 cards. 

or does it have the function that you can search for example: "Harvester promo" and then its only shows you Harvester-promo.jpg

so that the Word "Promo" no matter how its written serves as a keyword?

Edited by Asraiel

5 minutes ago, Phoenix313 said:

As far as I know that wasnt possible in BattleForge.

well maybe its now possible but that can only tell us a dev i quess