Deckbuilder App for Adroid/Apple

Asraiel

@ICE Very nice so far. I listed some things here (some already have been listed above by @Phoenix313)

Issue's:

- Ranged/melee filter is not working.

- Small filter also shows buidlings/spells.

- The ordering of the cards looks strange (ordered without any logic, it seems).

Features that might be nice to add:

- Make it that the cards dont get dark when you use the search filter. Also when using the filter some cards get covered by it, maybe always show the filter or move the cards to the right when using it.

- The ability to delete/rename decks.

- The ability to remove cards from decks after making it, and changing the order of the cards in the deck.

- Maybe a darker background (gray/black), or even an option to choose the color of your background.

- An option to share your deck, maybe using a code (like allcards) or a screenshot that gets auto-copied ones you clicked it.

- The ability to add more cards to a deck than 20. This might be nice,eventhough the real game only allows 20. (the warning that you passed 20 cards can stay though).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Phoenix313

• The images are very low res, maybe to low res. 
    Yeah  because that  what are in web right now is meant in android phone and for that  images are rezised alot.
    Web optimization is done zero percent eq good quality images and  caching :)
    It smostly up in web atm so everyone could see what it looks in android phone  if browser viewport is made small like phone screen

• After saving the deck, you cant edit it further. Thats a little bit odd behavior.
    Deck part still half way done and right now mostly got time for search part

• You cant load and edit a deck or at least I didnt find out how.
    its coming  after search is fully functional :)

font issue i know gonna be fixed in properly finished web

• A order function would be nice.
    Thats added now (by orbs count still not work)

• Also it would be nice, that for example both affinitys of grinder and grinder promo would be always tied together.
    ? what you mean with that im lost

• By selection Small Offense I get also spells and buildings.
    should be fixed now

• I cant search for Amii cards (I know there is only one, but I still cant search for it)
    Didnt added that option just  as you said only one card

• Same goes for Defense
    should be fixed now

• Melee Units has no results
    should be fixed now

• Same goes for ranged
    should be fixed now

• Maybe the search for promos (under rarity) would be nice

• At allcards you could select the Edition, maybe this isnt that necessary, because it doesnt matter anymore (one booster for all)
    Maybe i add it  later  should get first search working 100%

• I am missing Affinity: none (for cards of the first edition(s))
  •  
  • should be fixed now

8 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

@ICE Very nice so far. I listed some things here (some already have been listed above by @Phoenix313)

Issue's:

- Ranged/melee filter is not working.

- Small filter also shows buidlings/spells.

- The ordering of the cards looks strange (ordered without any logic, it seems).

Features that might be nice to add:

- Make it that the cards dont get dark when you use the search filter. Also when using the filter some cards get covered by it, maybe always show the filter or move the cards to the right when using it.

- The ability to delete/rename decks.

- The ability to remove cards from decks after making it, and changing the order of the cards in the deck.

- Maybe a darker background (gray/black), or even an option to choose the color of your background.

- An option to share your deck, maybe using a code (like allcards) or a screenshot that gets auto-copied ones you clicked it.

- The ability to add more cards to a deck than 20. This might be nice,eventhough the real game only allows 20. (the warning that you passed 20 cards can stay though).

Yeah still trying to figure  what way todo that as app is purely offline but it comes for sure after deck part is fully functional  (cards sorting and editing and so on ) :)

7 hours ago, Malzawar said:

@ICE

Can you upload the android apk somewhere? A file would be enough.

I'd like to start building decks already :D

apk

you can get it there and let me know how it works on your phone :)

10 hours ago, ICE said:

Yeah still trying to figure  what way todo that as app is purely offline but it comes for sure after deck part is fully functional  (cards sorting and editing and so on ) :)

apk

you can get it there and let me know how it works on your phone :)

I think the easiest way to do that is encode each card. 10bit would be enough to cover every card. Or you can use some own annotation.

Then it would make it pretty easy to export that as a string or csv if you wanna be fancy.

The drawback with that is, that only your app will understand that ^^

The app works fine by the way - I just found some gui design choices weird (It doesnt affect functionality, but usability)

• Long click to view card details has weird timing (for me) and no haptic feedback (vibration, when it is triggered)
  • The physical 'back' button always closes the app, regardless of which state it is in. When I view card details and press 'back' I expect to get back to the search results.
  • Why is there a slider for the sorting options instead of a spinner
  • Selecting any filter options is super slow, because it immediately filters the cards. Thats confusing, because there is no feedback and a huge delay. I'm a chill person, but I was already frantically spamming clicks, because it felt like it just froze up or didn't register my touch. Good practice is to only filter after all the rules are applied. So If I wanna see all common shadow cards, I currently select "Common" get a 2s lag, then select Shadow and get a 1s lag. Instead I should select commong and shadow without any delay, and when I close the search menu, it should filter and show me the cards.

Oh, I don't know so far how to add a card to the deck. Tried around for 10 minutes. Either it doesnt work on my phone or it is very unintuitional.

(Asus Z00AD, Android 5.0)

12 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

What have you tried? On web version it is double click, so maybe double tap it?

Oh right! Its double tap.

Some haptic/visual feedback with that may also be nice, so you dont have to keep track of the number in the corner.

Ps: I don't want to be misunderstood here. I am critizing a lot, maybe I come of as picky.

I mean the app is great, its functional, it gives all the info you need.

But from my experience, it could be a lot more ergonomical and intuitive. (It realy doesnt have to though)

Edited by Malzawar
Clarification added

On 23-3-2017 at 4:11 PM, Phoenix313 said:

apple:

https://developer.apple.com/support/compare-memberships/

=> Ok, there is something mentioned of about 99$ per year (individuals). But I have read on other sources also 199$. Maybe they were wrong.

also you need this: https://www.amazon.com/s/field-keywords=iphone

and this: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=mac+book

I dont know if every macbook will do the job.

total: approximately > 1000 €/$ and 99$ per year

google:

https://developer.android.com/distribute/google-play/start.html

=> 25$ once.

also you need a computer (mac, windows pc, maybe linux)

an android phone

both cost 0 if you already have them.

total: 25 $

microsoft:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/account-types-locations-and-fees

=> 14€ once / 19 $ once (individuals)

also you need a computer (windows pc, maybe mac), 0 if you already have

also this: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=windows+phone

total: approximately 150 €/$

first: there arent 4 seperate images

what are you trying to do lel? so many unnescecary shit to pay to build an app :o 

Hi again
Now i deactivated web mobile version for now and started  big screen ui placing (if thats done i activate both so if mobile screen it shows mobile version)
some things are done but got many views to finish :)
Uploaded better quality images too but still hasnt realy worked on optimization part

atleast now it has sharing option what i figured out added 3 different ways should be enought

And just to test sharing img url i put here my own most used nature cards 

?113754f9847881f31bc52b0b95056d71

On Mittwoch, 29. März 2017 at 5:20 PM, ICE said:

Hi again
Now i deactivated web mobile version for now and started  big screen ui placing (if thats done i activate both so if mobile screen it shows mobile version)
some things are done but got many views to finish :)
Uploaded better quality images too but still hasnt realy worked on optimization part

atleast now it has sharing option what i figured out added 3 different ways should be enought

And just to test sharing img url i put here my own most used nature cards

Looking good!

This is my pure nature 2v2 only deck.

Can't type in a deck name to save it yet though

.png

Edited by Malzawar

3 minutes ago, Malzawar said:

Looking good!

This is my pure nature 2v2 only deck.

Can't type in a deck name to save it yet though

.png

hm ok i will look into that deck name part as it actualy should be working can save upto 100 decks :)

2 minutes ago, ICE said:

hm ok i will look into that deck name part as it actualy should be working can save upto 100 decks :)

Tried it again after restarting browser, works fine now.

For some reason I wasnt able to type anything into the text field or even copy paste, like it was disabled (The | was also not blinking, but appeared when i focused the field)

Maybe its just my browser fucking up

Just now, Malzawar said:

Tried it again after restarting browser, works fine now.

For some reason I wasnt able to type anything into the text field or even copy paste, like it was disabled (The | was also not blinking, but appeared when i focused the field)

Maybe its just my browser fucking up

i dont think so i think i have littl estep un controlled as this name field goes read only  state after you start editing deck :)  there is defo bug lol  but overall hows it looks  is those  card animations and so on ok or too much lol

and did you tried sorting deck out ?how that feels

10 minutes ago, ICE said:

i dont think so i think i have littl estep un controlled as this name field goes read only  state after you start editing deck :)  there is defo bug lol  but overall hows it looks  is those  card animations and so on ok or too much lol

and did you tried sorting deck out ?how that feels

Sorting works great! And everything that I saw so far looks clear and good.

Ok, I restarted again a couple times and encountered some buggyness for sure.

1. The page loaded fully.
  2. I press "+ Start creating deck"
  3. I click on the cards. And they appear to be "clicked in" / smaller, as to show that they are in the deck already.
  4. The cards don't appear on the bottom (at first) And the text field is not editable. (Screenshot 1). You can see that I cannot edit the textfield because copy, paste ect are greyed out and I have a text copied in my clipboard
  5. After some waiting, the cards appear at the bottom, but still not able to edit the text field. (Screenshot 2)

If that is any good: I am using Comodo IceDragon browser version 26.0.0.2 based on the firefox kernel 26.0

Here 2 screenshots:

2ffae9a30a.jpg

b85cf96636.jpg

Edited by Malzawar

1 minute ago, Malzawar said:

Sorting works great! And everything that I saw so far looks clear and good.

Ok, I restarted again a couple times and encountered some buggyness for sure.

1. The page loaded fully.
  2. I press "+ Start creating deck"
  3. I click on the cards. And they appear to be "clicked in" / smaller, as to show that they are in the deck already.
  4. The cards don't appear on the bottom (at first) And the text field is not editable. (Screenshot 1). You can see that I cannot edit the textfield because copy, paste ect are greyed out and I have a text copied in my clipboard
  5. After some waiting, the cards appear at the bottom, but still not able to edit the text field. (Screenshot 2)

Here 2 screenshots:

2ffae9a30a.jpg

b85cf96636.jpg

yeah i  gotta work on that cache part to get images out asap

and yes if card is choosed it runs abit inside and shows out smaller maybe should add  opacity  or something to make more clear why card seems small.
and i put up fix for textfield in a hour need to finish some other stuff first :)

Just now, ICE said:

yeah i  gotta work on that cache part to get images out asap

and yes if card is choosed it runs abit inside and shows out smaller maybe should add  opacity  or something to make more clear why card seems small.
and i put up fix for textfield in a hour need to finish some other stuff first :)

Sounds good!

Let us know about further updates, I'll gladly try everything out :D

2 hours ago, Malzawar said:

Sounds good!

Let us know about further updates, I'll gladly try everything out :D

now should be able to create deck  just made update in server:)  and dont forget ctrl+f5 to get fresh js files
And while you at it
if you able to make deck (how deck window looks and  deck todo options )
map part  (look how it feels and is it clear enough how moving between maps works :) )
and overall design in web   i have feeling that search bar might be a bit too wide for smaller res screens i have 24 inch monitors here

Edited by ICE
updated answer

• 2 years later...

1. It's extremely simple to sideload programs or set them on other appstores at no cost, such as F-Droid (possibly even Amazon appstore). It would absolutely suffice when we place a download link into this apk on the discussion and let folks set up.

2. Theoretically you do not even require a PC, because I'm an information student and also have long train manners to go daily, I've got a large number of IDEs in my own Android. It's quite unpractical to do big jobs together, but I have completed a great deal of gui-related tiny programs without a lot of trouble.

I understand what I said are border cases, but nevertheless wanted to mention these

(Additionally for your google playstore that you can only cover the 25$ using a charge card, which most people in Europe do not have, that is Another barrier)

Better If you You can know about xcode, Here is Link of post please check it will helpful for you.