Deckbuilder App for Adroid/Apple

Asraiel

@Phoenix313

I disagree a bit about the android part.

1. It is very easy to sideload apps or put them on alternative appstores for free, like F-Droid (maybe even Amazon appstore). It would totally suffice if we post a download link to the apk on the forum and let people install.

2. Theoretically you don't even need a PC, since I am an informatics student and have long train ways to go every day, I have a multitude of IDEs on my Android. It is very unpractical to do large projects with them, but I've done a lot of gui-related small apps without much trouble.

I know that what I mentioned are edge cases, but still wanted to mention them :D

(Also for the google playstore you can only pay the 25$ with a credit card, which many people in Europe don't have, which is an additional barrier)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Malzawar said:

(Also for the google playstore you can only pay the 25$ with a credit card, which many people in Europe don't have, which is an additional barrier)

realy i dont know anyone that hasnt one.

@Phoenix313 I checked it out a bit

1. there is no membership of 99$ needed it has also a free version only need is an apple ID (the same u would use for iTunes). it will only be needed to lunch it in the appstore but not for devloping (would give you some additional help but not needed)

2. the phones arent nessesary i got myself 2 iPhones an 4 and SE and problably others in the forum have same or diffrent

3. Mac book ok from the page you postet i picked this https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Macbook-MB403LL-Laptop-Mobile/dp/B00159LRXY/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1490289316&sr=1-5&keywords=macbook but there is also this: https://www.alltechbuzz.net/install-xcode-on-windows-for-ios-sdk/ to use the Xcode programm from apple which normaly needs an mac book, it is then insaled on a oracle virtualBox.

so for the apple part alone if you buy an macbook and dont have one and u take the membership as well its around 250$ (round up) but for the first tryouts or devlopping if used the Oracle virtual box it may even be 100% free.

Edited by Asraiel

41 minutes ago, Asraiel said:

1. there is no membership of 99$ needed it has also a free version only need is an apple ID (the same u would use for iTunes). it will only be needed to lunch it in the appstore but not for devloping (would give you some additional help but not needed)

Thats why I am talking of deploying...

Without the app being in the app store, no one will be really able to use it, because you need to jail break your phone, so this isnt really an option...

Because the number of people that would use such an app are at max the people playing Skylords Reborn, so not that many at all. Then most people dont use iPhones. Even less people have jail breaked their phones. Now you have to multiply this numbers and you will get maybe just you. Thats not enough people to develop for...

41 minutes ago, Asraiel said:

realy i dont know anyone that hasnt one.

I Almost know none, too, and I got only one (some months ago) because I have to book hotels at the moment quite often.

44 minutes ago, Asraiel said:

2. the phones arent nessesary i got myself 2 iPhones an 4 and SE and problably others in the forum have same or diffrent

So you are willing to send one for a longer (maybe forever) time, to a dev, for free?

49 minutes ago, Asraiel said:

Pretty old used notebooks none knows in which condition they are, also you had to check whether you can develop with it or not (because of possible restriction or preconditions). I wouldnt count on something like this to much, still it lowers the cost, but it remains still the most expensive. Also this doesnt help against the annual fee.

51 minutes ago, Asraiel said:

but there is also this: https://www.alltechbuzz.net/install-xcode-on-windows-for-ios-sdk/ to use the Xcode programm from apple which normaly needs an mac book, it is then insaled on a oracle virtualBox.

Is it even legal and allowed by apple?

52 minutes ago, Asraiel said:

so for the apple part alone if you buy an macbook and dont have one and u take the membership as well its around 250$ (round up) but for the first tryouts or devlopping if used the Oracle virtual box it may even be 100% free.

You forgot the anual subscription! Yeah you could try out to play around with the apple framework, but to be honest what do anyone get from this, than wasting time? NOTHING!

A dev that is able to build apps for android or something else could also learn how to use the apple framework, he havent to try it out. More important is to find out whether the whole thing makes sense or not and I think its not.

If someone will build an app I pretty much doubt that the person will build it for apple, because its still to expensive, people couldnt use it (if it isnt in the app store) and to riskiy (what if apple doesnt allow the app and I pretty sure, they wont because of the nature the app would have) or if we take your suggestions into account its even questionable if legal...

To make the whole thing short: Maybe you can get someone to do for Android (because its cheap, takes the least effort, isnt risky, and you get a bigger audience) but I doubt pretty much, that you will find someone doing it for the apple platform...

It is even questionable wether such an app is even worth the time but

@Phoenix313 This may be harsh but are you for such an App or not? I wonder kinda each Post sounds like you just want to close this topic.

If you have constructive imputs that helps with the devlopment you're welcome to share it. But if you just wanna go against this you may stop posting. 

From my point of view i read only: you cant, its impossible, it will cost a lot of money, noone wanna have such an app and so on

Please tell me are you supporting such an app or are you againt it?

i kinda feel like Barak Obama: I say: "yes we can"

and you're more like Donald Trump saying: "no we cant Obama, we need to make Amerika great again"

Edited by Asraiel

Then read my first posts, I am supporting such an app in general. I made even a viable suggestion with less effort how to build such an app (which could even be easily - at least in general - multi platform capable).

The last posts were just about the app for the iOS platform and to be also clear: you should stop dreaming about very unlikely things, because it just completely makes no sense in this case to develop for the iOS platform.

This doesnt mean, that nobody should do such an app (for android), we had even someone that said he would probably do that, but again just for android ;).

It looks even like you arent interested in such an app in general, you are just interested that someone builds such an app for your iPhone and you alone?

If this is the case, then discussing here, really doesnt make sense and I wish you good luck, finding someone, who is willing to do that.

About the creditcards - I never needed one in my life. The only things I can pay by credit card only are intercontinental. I've booked hotels in Europe per banking and paypal. The only thing that I would need a credit card for is a developer account for google. And I've asked all the people around if they could pay with their creditcard for me, to which I figured out nobody I know has one.

Hey guys, chill out :D

So far I thought you were both having a nice discussion, and it's really important to think about target devices, cost and efficiency. One cannot have a good idea if everybody just agrees to the first thing. Disagreement is sometimes even important for the sake of disagreement, to think about the problematic parts. (That is not saying one of you did this, I think both of you meant it in a good way. But sometimes I do this to make people think more about certain aspects)

my point is if you have a running app (any platform) i will be way easyer to recreate it to another aldo the programming may change but the files the design the function will be the same only the code differs then. 

im 100% for the way to do it first for another platform, but if it has the tools avaieble on the free market to create it direct for multy platform, then wy not do it. to bring it on other platforms like apple or windows thats more something for the later events. maybe the system changes to our side or we get support from ardent peak (which has app online even for Apple) or another source.

im not dreaming, in your view i may does make no sense and you claim to know that i am the only person of the over 10k registred users that has an iPhone. for me thats dreaming. and i dont know what the future brings if i want it takes 1 month to buy such an macbook. it may sund much 1000$ but not for everyone. mean i bougth last month my iphone and togheter with a case i payed 500$ and im not a rich person. and maybe there exist someone in this forum that allredy has such a pc or even the skills to do so. 

i just let that open so i dont need anymore its to expensive answers.

4 minutes ago, Malzawar said:

About the creditcards - I never needed one in my life. The only things I can pay by credit card only are intercontinental. I've booked hotels in Europe per banking and paypal. The only thing that I would need a credit card for is a developer account for google. And I've asked all the people around if they could pay with their creditcard for me, to which I figured out nobody I know has one.

had alredy 3 creditcard but since i didnt use them not so much anymore i did change to 1 creditcard on the base of Prepaid which works fine for webshopping 

Can we just make a poll to get what devices people use here? I mean, the distribution sure will be different among bf players then the worldwide average. And If there are way more people that have android, then its more convincing to do that first instead of a direct multi-platform approach.

Also there is a way that I know (forgot the name of the project) that allows running java on ios and still make it to the appstore. So its still easy portable even we do android first.

(In case you didnt know, the iphone cpu's were originally meant to be able to run java bytecode directly without the JVM, and that feature is forecefully disabled)

Hello
after they made and released api for cards i tested it out by doing small app for android (actualy it works on web too plus  its possible to make it work on ios and windows phone without recoding) :)
anyway its not something big or anything but was fun  playing with that api.

I add few screenshots from my phone how it looked.

4.png

3.png

1.png

2.png

Nice one :D

If you are looking into working further on it and need any help. I'll be available in 12 days.

Oh and another thing, if you are working with the api, this app is probably not usable in offline mode, right?

(Mentally holding myself back with asking who elisa is.)

Edited by Malzawar

48 minutes ago, Malzawar said:

Nice one :D

If you are looking into working further on it and need any help. I'll be available in 12 days.

Oh and another thing, if you are working with the api, this app is probably not usable in offline mode, right?

(Mentally holding myself back with asking who elisa is.)

actualy only used api json output so app himself works offline :)  all things (json file and card images) inside apk

and elisa isnt who but what its my phone service provider lol

Edited by ICE
updated answer

Just now, Phoenix313 said:

@ICE

Will you also release it for the iOS platform? Which framework did you use?

havent finished it lol only did for testing out stuff but its in weekends todo list now.
and if it gets finished i have possibility to  make installers for android, ios, windows phone with few clicks  and without recoding.
framework i used is Ext JS latest release

1 minute ago, Phoenix313 said:

@ICE It looks like it would be based on Cordova.

I know that in general you can build for most platforms, but ever tried to do so for iOS? Are you also planning to put it in the market?

Ive made one app for ios and it passed their security check easly even tho it took time and alot.
Adding to stores hmm that we will see after its done in first place  because i put same thing as app into web too.
anyway i still have tons of things todo with app :) before its any good i just finished  search  part

small update i made this morning finished  search functionality :)

search.jpg

result.jpg

3 hours ago, Phoenix313 said:

I would wish me better filter abilities, at least those you can see on this page: https://allcards.bfreborn.com/ (you have to ignore the certificate error to be able to use it).

well at least color and tier is kinda must have. so for color:

Nature, Frost, Fire, Shadow, Bandit, Twilight, Lost Soul, Legendary (Amii doesnt needed "nature-shadow" because only 1 card)

@Phoenix313 does you need the dmg, counter dmg, type as well for me this can be let out

5 hours ago, Phoenix313 said:

Then he is luckily, that here is someone who already has all prerequisites and is willing to do it for free.

I would wish me better filter abilities, at least those you can see on this page: https://allcards.bfreborn.com/ (you have to ignore the certificate error to be able to use it).

omg... all that time I thought allcards was broken but you can actually still use it if you do one simple click... @MrXLink I now understand why you thought I was whining about it. Sorry for that, I am stupid xD

@ICE Looks neat! Keep it up, I would love to use a deckmaker app on my phone.

Edited by SilenceKiller99

Small update
Now i recompiled apk for android with following changes
Search now has fields
Rarity, Tier, Color, Affinity, Type, Offence, Defence
And shows found cards count on top of form as its fills entire view.
And search is with memory so it wont forget your choices even if you close app
Maps info and views added

still tons todo to make it solid thing as decks part still half way done :) and there is still no info pages how to used it lol
anyway if anyone want to test apk can mail me  (android right now and app DONT ASK ANY persmissions  to run)
i send link to apk and few words how to work inside app

Last thing i did today is  to get all same thing up and running in web (Its not optimized for web yet so it can be pain to wait first page)
web optimization comes later as not intended to make it so far as it is now at first.

big screen design is still messed up(pc , tablets) so  best experience  what it looks in android as app  make browser size small
(page reload needed after resizing browser)

anyway here is link to check it out  testing ling for card search 
how to use
long click on card in main view opens up full card info
double click adds card to deck creating view you see that card counter top of page
decks creating view double click removes cards from list

map view map item click opens map info

NB:deck part still half way done cant remove  decks or cards there

all responces very very welcome both good and bad :)

Edited by ICE
updated how to

@SilenceKiller99 I dont know how often I said that it is working :mellow:

10 hours ago, Asraiel said:

@Phoenix313 does you need the dmg, counter dmg, type as well for me this can be let out

Of course.

@ICE

1. The images are very low res, maybe to low res.
  2. After saving the deck, you cant edit it further. Thats a little bit odd behavior.
  3. You cant load and edit a deck or at least I didnt find out how.
    22:38:48.585 downloadable font: kern: Too large subtable, table discarded (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:normal stretch:normal src index:0) source: http://slrcards.zeromedia.ee/resources//fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf 1 slrcards-all.css:1:261

22:39:36.918 downloadable font: kern: Too large subtable, table discarded (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:bold stretch:normal src index:0) source: http://slrcards.zeromedia.ee/resources//fonts/OpenSans-Bold.ttf 1 slrcards-all.css:1:764

22:42:56.835 Object { data: Object, session: null, internalId: 546, id: "slrcards.model.Map-7", phantom: true, joined: Array[1], store: Object } 1 app.js:1:841321

22:43:18.919 Error: Script terminated by timeout at:
    .requestRead@http://slrcards.zeromedia.ee/modern/app.js?_dc=20170325175909:1:1
    .refreshMonitors@http://slrcards.zeromedia.ee/modern/app.js?_dc=20170325175909:1:222629
    .run@http://slrcards.zeromedia.ee/modern/app.js?_dc=20170325175909:1:218357
    r.bind/<@http://slrcards.zeromedia.ee/modern/app.js?_dc=20170325175909:1:40431
    z@http://slrcards.zeromedia.ee/modern/app.js?_dc=20170325175909:1:39957
     1 app.js:1:1

4. A order function would be nice.
  5. Also it would be nice, that for example both affinitys of grinder and grinder promo would be always tied together.
  6. By selection Small Offense I get also spells and buildings.
  7. I cant search for Amii cards (I know there is only one, but I still cant search for it)
  8. Same goes for Defense
  9. Melee Units has no results
  10. Same goes for ranged
  11. Maybe the search for promos (under rarity) would be nice
  12. At allcards you could select the Edition, maybe this isnt that necessary, because it doesnt matter anymore (one booster for all)
  13. I am missing Affinity: none (for cards of the first edition(s))
  14. zoom function of thee browser doesnt work

Just my first impressions.