Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Donations are back   01/17/17

If you want more information, you can go check this topic : http://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/2790-donations-are-back/
    • MrXLink

Future of Skylords Reborn and intro to Ardent Peak   02/10/17

Dear Skylords, Skyladies, Skythings We have received the awesome news that we have been allowed by EA themselves to continue our project and open up many future possibilities! For all information and stream VODs, please refer to this topic:   
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clOWN86

Pure nature PVE card Metagame discussion

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I want to cultivate Discussion on what the best pure nature cards are for each orb, and what spells are most cost effective.

I will list below what units i find most effective and universal for most PVE and PRVE maps.

1 orb units

Swiftclaw-high damage, can rush structures easily, and very good at killing units fast (medium units are generally easier to manage and don't get locked down from Small knockback)

Shaman-your main ranged damage unit and healer, can attack air (I started replacing other ranged teir 1 units with shamans. Their heal+damage is still useful even in t4 as XL support units.)

TreeSpirit(both)-Extremely good at defending and attacking, can take on most 2 orb cost units without problems.(These were added pretty late in the game's life. They have so many insane pro's you can actually use them as your only t1 unit if you have enough charges.)

Dryad(both)-great unit for general buffs with both versions, a must have on maps that have specific enemies that are really hard to deal with early (her paralysis can lock a unit down indefinitely, provided you don't accidentally shoot the stunned unit,)

Amazon(green)+Werebeasts- This combo makes Werebeasts regenerate 50% more, making them an amazing tank unit for long sieges and distracting enemy mobs (this unit combo is nice if you are trying to assist a teammate without needing to babysit your units.)

WindWeavers- useful ranged units, can shoot two different units at the same time. (these used to be the mainstay of t1 nature, but since treespirits and swiftclaws can bust through bases and objectives faster, they are now more effective as wall defenders)

2 orb units pure

Spikeroot-Great card to get along with having TreeSpirits (only shoots ground, but does tons of damage and has pretty high building damage)

Parasite Swarm-At max upgrade state you can take medium cost t3 units (Since nature is about control, t2 is more about taking their best units and stunning the rest while you kill their buildings or required objectives)

Burrower- great unit for killing buildings/objectives (if you spawn two and get them to spit on the same wall segment, it instantly destroys them)

Deep one(both)- Amazing unit with very strong damage and health (both affinity catch's are great for pulling in units you need to kill first, or pulling units you want to capture without risking parasite swarm squads)

Mindweavers(both)- very strong against air units (is a good counter to units with strong ice shields since their poison does direct health damage)

3 orb units pure

Razorleaf- great siege and defend unit (for most cost effective strategy have two Tree Spirits linked with it for maximum damage)

Fathom Lord- Great unit for killing bosses and extra large units (at max rank only costs 25 to paralyze)

ThornBark- great linked fire unit for killing mid-late game mobs (can be used as offense, but their lack of range makes razorleafs better in offensive roles.)

Deepcoil Worm- great siege unit, with awesome tunneling mechanic for moving lots of units around the map fast (generally great damage at t3, and the tunneling ability makes them invaluable for larger maps with struggling teammates)

Swamp Drake- Great for maps that need hard to reach objectives killed (also good defense units vs other air units and ground mobs that can't retaliate)

Timeshifter Spirit- Insane unit that cancels all ranged attacks and stops all enemy abilities from being use-able (doesn't stop monsters from spawning at buildings, so that's a bit disappointing) 

4 orb units

Colossus- Great unit for endgame bosses and units (has a nice roar that silences enemies)

Grimvine- Good unit comes with nice root CC (more useful in splash decks as only needs 1 nature orb)

Giant Wyrm- Strong air dragon that has high damage and does more damage the longer it attacks

Primeval Watcher- good unit for defending against mobs (this unit is great if you want a low unit base defense solution vs trash mobs later in the game, otherwise there are stronger offensive options)

Forest eldar-Great offensive unit that can heal friendly units (this unit makes other tier units scale better with a constant group heal)

Grove Spirit- Great unit for healing units in entrenched positions (she has a channeled AOE heal, making her extremely cost effective)

Spore Launcher- Great building killing Siege unit with linked fire.

Buildings

Breeding Grounds- A must have building that makes all your units cost less!

shrine of memory- good card that is more viable with a spell heavy deck (if you use spells they go directly into void power, when using units their void power doesn't come back until they die)

Fountain of rebirth- a good building for larger pve maps where your t1 and t2 fights are difficult (heals all friendly units in the game, so using it in co-op missions is a very good idea)

Healing gardens- Great building if you are using regenerating units, and is a good combo with ranged units for base defense.

Lifestream- insane damage reduction building. Reduces damage done to 20% in a given area, 40% of that damage is directed at this building (that means 60% of total damage received is completely negated)

Living tower- great building with the linked fire mechanic (if you didn't bring windweavers you can set these guys up behind walls and they do pretty good damage.)

Mark of the keeper- Great base defense tower that cancels all ranged attacks and abilities from being triggered

Primal defender- good air defense building vs large amounts of units (can attack ground but is better to use units as they can attack after)

Tunnel- a nice building for defense maps where you need to have mobile armies to defend multiple objectives (it's a nice card but deepcoil Worms are generally more versatile)

Wheel of Gifts- Great building with extremely good buffs (you will want to make 3 in a game, as they each can activate 1 permanent buff)

Spells

Surge of light- Amazing AOE heal. This is the staple of nature spells, you will always want to bring this card, as it's one of the best scaling cards in the game.

Creeping paralysis- great Crowd control card that has a longer CC than any other nature card.

Curse of Oink- Great crowd control card, but you don't want to attack the units affected as they will become unoinked sooner.

Ensnaring roots- great card that makes ground units unable to move (more effective against melee units)

Enlightenment- Game changing card that makes you able to use ANY card in the game without the orb requirements

Hurricane- useful card for killing and disabling large mobs of small units (some maps have insane amounts of archers that attack you at t1, otherwise not a very useful card later in the game)

Mind control- Makes you able to permanently use an enemy unit (excluding unique map bosses and such)

Parasite- Good against large mobs of weak units and air units (the parasite jumps to a new unit if it kills the targeted one)

Noxious clould- Great card against large stationary mobs.

Revenge- a good damage reduction card (makes enemies take 20% of their own damage, reducing your units taken damage to 80%)

Regrowth- Insane healing card for t4 nature (best healing card in the game)

Ray of Light- Good healing card that heals a Percentage of total health (heals 3% hp per second, so is better for high health units)

If i left any cards out, I don't think they are very useful :P. 

Discuss! 

Edited by clOWN86

For me, as a PvE noob, Pure Nature is the best way to go. My deck consists of simple cards that work together

They deal damage as well as support/heal allies. My deck consists of these cards

T1: Shaman, Windweavers, Ensnaring roots, Hurricane, Surge of Light

- straight forward - damage, healing, and CC - Windweavers in the front, Shamans behind them to heal, Roots and Hurricane to prevent Windweavers from getting overwhelmed and Surge of Light for when things go bad - an instant and strong heal. Mostly enough to reach T2 without problem

T2: Parasite Swarm, Deep One, Breeding Grounds, Curse of Oink

- yet again. Mostly T1 units are enough - I don't kill them for the void Power, not this early. The Shamans still are some nice healing backline support units, Windweavers are still good thanks to Ensnaring Roots. For big nasty enemy units, Parasite Swarm can come in handy and convert them for my own use - I like Bandit Snipers and the paralyzing dragon, same with some Twilight units and/or Stonekin/Lost units. Because there are already many buildings and units that can knock my small Windweavers around, Deep ones are a fine choice, as they have, imo, nice damage and can survive quite a bit with the support of Shamans. Breeding Grounds are nice, but I don't build them just yet, unless I am stuck or face a big wave of enemies for which I need to prepare more units. Curse of Oink is just more CC to handle big waves of enemies - problem with Windweaver multishot though, as they can wake up Oinkd units this way.

T3: Drones, Fantom Lord, Swamp Drake, Deepcoil Worm, The Incredible Mo, Wheel of Gifts

- I don't use Drones much, unless there are dozens of L units that need to be taken care of, but I like them for their swiftness. Fanrom Lords are good XL counters at this points, also, their Paralyze ability is great when used on a big unit to grant myself time to clear the smaller units and buildings before fighting the big guys. Deepcoil Worms are my favourite at this stage - knockback, mobility and AoE damage. At this point, because I either kill my own Shamans to get back Power or they die themselves, I need some survivability, which The Incredible Mo and Wheel of Gifts can provide for me and my whole team - I always pick The Insidious Mo to reduce enemy damage by a nice 20%. All 3 gifts from the Wheel of Gifts (+damage dealt, -damage taken, regeneration) are great.

T4: Colossus, Giant Wyrm, Forest Elder, Regrowth, Primeval Watcher

- I use Breeding Grounds for all these units, as they are quite expensive already. Colossus is a great XL counter - high HP, high damage, ideal. Forest Elder boosts damage of nearby allied units, which is always nice, and can heal them as well, when his ability is used. Regrowth is a very strong heal, which is fitting at this Tier, and I always try to only engage a fight when I have enough Power for one (or even two). Primeval Watcher is a good attacker from range and if sh*t goes wrong, it can Paralyze nearby enemies and escape, before I reengage. Giant Wyrm is nice - nice range, nice damage, not much health, but still fine. 

All and all, this deck works great for me. It went through many changes, and I may change it further (possibly starting by replacing cards like Drones and Primeval Watcher, but I am not sure yet). It is good for solo PvE as well as 2 or 4 player PvE, as it can support as well as push forward. 

If you have any ideas on what and how to change, lemme know. If you have any questions as to why I use certain cards (perhaps I forgot to explain something above), feel free to. 

Posted (edited)

First you should decide which way you want to take, there are 3 main ways to play nature:

1. Playing nature as Hit, Control & Run => ranged combat

2. Playing nature as Run in, heal & fight until everything is dead => closed combat

3. Playing nature as Stop, Root, Decoy & kill => rooting units

I for myself prefer the first one, because it is flexible, fast movement, acceptable killing speed, offensive, deffensive and you are usually safe if you dont do to many things wrong.

The second is the most risky one and can lead to problems fighting big mobs or XL units at lower tiers. But well played, it can be faster. Also you are weaker against air and for defending the other 2 ways are better choices.

The third is usually a little bit slow, because it means root, unroot, root, unroot and so on or if you come to close and take to long to root you can get big problems, but for defending purpose it should be the best variant.

I dont recommend mixing this strategies to much, at least not all 3, because you will waste many deck slots without any real benefit.

Now lets get to some cards:

T1:

Windweaver

A must have for the 1. strategy, everything is based here on this card. Dont recommend it for the 3. strategy and for the 2. strategy only as air counter.

Dryads

Can be used instead of Windweavers or to support them for strategy 1 or as air counter for strategy 2. Also I would prefer to use the blue one, especially for strategy 2 because of the defense bonus. Also you should have at least 2 of them because then each of the dryads would give the other dryad a def bonus too.

Ensnaring Roots

One of the best crowd control spells in game and a must have for the first strategy. This spell is the reason why you just dont need any close combat units as nature player. For the 3. strategy it is recommend and for the 2. strategy it can be helpful but isnt necessary, because you get your self close enough to them so stopping them from getting close to you is only in one case reasonable: to attack some units without dealing with the other ones at the moment (for example to kill the ranged units, before dealing with the close combat ones).

Amazon

If you want to use the 2. strategy, this card is a good choice. I would prefer the green one, because of better healing by spells and shamans, also because the blue one is to special and works only against some enemies. Especially combined with Werebeasts (S Counter + increased health by Amazon) and Shamans this would be a viable option.

Werebeast

See Amazon.

Spearmen / Swiftclaw

Good as M counter, but i would prefer the Amazon, Shaman and Werebeast combo, because of the increased health capabilities.

Treespirit

Must have for the 3. strategy but not recommend for the other strategies, except if you want to build a rooting network for defense purpose later on and need some cheap rooting network support.

Shaman

Very helpful for any nature deck, because you can fight and fight and fight, usually even without loosing any units. I wouldnt recommend to use it for attacking, except when you follow strategy 1 and encounter many M units, without any other M counter and / or all your units are health enough. In all other cases I would use the attack hotkey commando and click on the ground close to the enemy, so that the shaman goes there and heals.

Surge of Light

I see many people using this card, but for the 1. strategy it is completely useless! If you need this card, you dont play the first strategy, because you dont do hit, control & run or your unit count is to less and you are wasting energy with this spell instead of building up your army. For both other strategies it is an good option.

Fountain of Rebirth

Is a good support for the 2. strategy especially because it is the strategy where healing capabilities are the most important and where you will probably combine many healing effects (werebeasts, shamans, surge of light). Also it is a really good support for your teammates (especially non nature players).

Hurricane

Does good damage and crowd control, perfect against S units. But I wouldnt recommend it for the 1. strategy because ensnaring roots is everything you need for the 1. strategy and S units. For the 2. strategy it is a nice to have but not necessary. For the 3. strategy it is really nice, because you could blow enemies just into your rooted units and kill them, while they cant attack them.

Mana Wing

This unit belongs to none of the 3 mentioned strategies, but it can be very strong on some maps, because you can fly to places you shouldnt be yet, attack from behind or even kill anything if the enemy has nothing against air. I dont go further into detail because I think its more for special cases, especially if you can handle it properly, maybe a speed runner candidate on some maps.

Mark of the Keeper

I have seen many people doing funny things with it, blocking the enemy so that they were doing nothing and such things. Can work well on some situation but I usually didnt use it.

Primal Defender

A must-have for any nature defense. It is good against ground units if it hits but it is really great against air units. To make this card hit you have 4 options: 1. use Stranglehold green (my favorite, because the def works for itself), 2. use Ensnaring Roots (you have to cast and waste energy if you have to do it often), 3. use your units to block the enemy (do you really need the tower then?), 4. just wait (the tower could be destroyed). If you want to counter air, then this is by far one of the best cards at the beginning, less energy cost, high damage output, splash damage, high fire rate, high range, this card works even until t3 against air.

Stranglehold

I like the combination of stranglehold green and primal defender, because you can kill close-combat units usually before they get close enough to attack. I dont recommend the purple one, because the damage output isnt that high and it can root only one unit at the same time. Stranglehold green can be even combined with other towers that have the same problem with hitting, like the worldbreaker gun or the Cannon Tower. I had it always in, when defending but havent seen it that often by other players.
Tunnel

Nice to have, but if you arent playing totally chaotic it isnt necessary at all.

T2

Breeding Grounds

Not a must have because you have to summon units with a cost of 240 before you get an positive effect (without taking into consideration that you could destroy it afterwards), but the more you summon the better it gets. Still a really good card.

Burrower

Not that useful for PvE as it is for PvP, wouldnt recommend for any strategy, because as M unit it gets knocked back very often and hasnt that much life so it could get difficult to keep it alive. Also you dont really need siege in PvE, even if its nice to have.

Ghostspears

Wouldnt recommend also, because of S it is knocked back way to often and there are better choices.

Mauler

Wouldnt recommend until you really need its effect. Does get also often knocked back and I would say that the Deep One is better.

Deep One

If you follow the 2. strategy this is a good upgrade to whatever you have chosen in T1 as close combat unit, because it does a good damage, is a L unit (less knocked back) and does have decent life points. Also the ability can be very useful against bigger units (L & XL). I wouldnt recommend it for the 1. and 3. strategy.

Spikeroot

A good enhancement for your treespirit army in the 3. strategy, not a replacement because it doesnt attack air units.

Parasite Swarm

Can be sometimes very nice, you pay 100 energy and take over a unit that costs up to 150 energy, so that you loose an enemy but get an allied unit, also you will get back 90 energy as void. A good card but you should carefully click, so that you dont get the wrong unit ;) and maybe it isnt useful on any map.

Ray of Light

Almost a must-have for the 2. strategy, not that useful for the other strategies.

Parasite

Slow but good damage spell. If you use focused fire you can take one unit out, while the other one will get crippled by this spell.

Curse of Oink

A good choice as second crowd control spell, but consider that crowd control spells wear off faster if they are used successive. So the oink wont last as long as it should if you used ensnaring roots before, but it can still give you the necessary time you need to kill enough, so that you have an easy going.

Creeping Paralysis

Also a good choice as second crowd control (see Curse of Oink). But I wouldnt take Curse of Oink and Creeping Paralysis, because successive use is less effective and it would be just a waste of energy with less effect. Choose Creeping Paralysis or Curse of Oink.

If you use focused fire I would recommend curse of oink, because of the immediate effect, otherwise creeping paralysis, because curse of oink wears off faster on hit units. Also against XL units creeping paralysis is better, because you get more time dealing with it.

Shrine of Memory

A must have if you want to use some spells and you or your teammates dont have other void retrieval cards (like warshrine).

Living Tower

A good defense tower but you need a root network to make it really strong (even against XL units). A single tower isnt that useful and if you dont plan to build a root network or many of this towers, dont take it. Also Stronglehold is a good support for this tower.

Sunken Temple

Dont sure if really useful, never really used it, but it is funny for sure. I can think that it could be a really nice combo, especially with shrine of memory and tunnels ;). I must think about the Zerg in Starcraft.

T3

Abyssal Warder

I think it is a good card for the second strategy. Even if it dies, you have units to fight. I think you could overrun bases with it, but I never really tried it.

Fathom Lord

A good upgrade from the Deep One, but I would prefer the Abyssal Warder.

Drones

Do you like flying bugs? I dont, thats why I dont recommend this one.

Razorleaf

A musthave for the 3. strategy. In my opinion its the second best rooting unit you get, it is in damage output comparable to spore launcher, when it gets supported by the root network. Also it is one of the best units for defense, especially if you support it with stranglehold.

Thornbark

If you have to choose Razorleaf or Thornbark, take razorleaf. The only advantage of this unit is, that it hits moving units, but its weaker and has less range.

Swamp Drake

Not recommend as primary unit (except of a few maps), maybe as backup or to make a defense stronger. Not a must have.

Deepcoil Worm

It is a good upgrade for the windweavers of the 1. strategy and no matter how good windweavers are, they should be upgraded when its time.

Enlightenment

With this card you literally dont need any T3 units, because you could just go T4. If you dont care that you have a non nature unit in a pure nature deck, then take Batariel, one of the best units ingame, because with some spell support (heal) it can take almost anything alone.

Equillibrium

Take the blue one if you plan to fight with one (like batariel) or few units and the green one if you plan to fight with masses of units (for example an abyssal warder army of each size ;)). A good heal and can be used while other heals are reloading.

Revenge

I recommend it if you use close combat units, even at T4, because you take less damage while you also damage the enemy units. Just a warning, it can wear off earlier than you expect, because it has a cap of reflected damage.

Thunderstorm

I think this spell is underestimated. It does less damage to one unit, but against approximately 10 units it does damage comparable to meteor storm when I remember correctly but just for the half of energy.

Mindweaver

I dont recommend it, two Primal Defender do cost the same and do more damage. The only advantages are that one Mindweaver needs lees room, can attack both air and ground and has a nice crowd control ability. Usually its a waste of a deck slot.

Wheel of Gifts.

Increased Attack, increased defense, healing, what do you want more? A real nice to have card, also you support your team with it pretty good.

T4 (at this stage I would give up the strategy 1 and 3 and only do 2)

Spore Launcher

Only if you dont want to give up strategy 3 and / or plan to defend with it. Not recommend and Razor Leaf does almost the same job.

Forest Elder

The purple one is the batariel of nature. Not that effective but the damage aura is still nice against small units. The only reason to go pure nature until T4 is this unit!

Colossus / Grimvine

Good T4 close combat units if you dont go pure nature and need a strong close combat unit you are missing else.

Primeval Watcher

Nice backup unit, that does decent splash damage to all units smaller XL, while the close combat unit deal with the XL units and take the whole damage.

Giant Wyrm

If you need air, take this card, its not the best choice, but still good.

Grove Spirit

Not recommend, except if you like how it works, because you have spells and can use them!

Noxious Cloud

Slow but devastating damage against crowds of units (severaly 10k damage are possible).

Mind Control

You take out a good or very dangerous XL unit as enemy and get this unit as your own. Its like killing and summoning while you even get all the energy back as void. Can sometimes be a pretty good card.

Promise of Life

Risking, dont recommend.

Regrowth

Almost a must have ;).

Edited by Phoenix313

Posted (edited)

Example decks for general purpose, made for most situations without special maps in mind, which could be used as templates. For example if you dont have to defend then you dont need the towers and could them exchange in favor of other units / spells:

For the 1. strategy

T1

Ensnaring Roots
Windweavers
Dryad frost
Shaman
Stranglehold nature
Primal Defender

T2

Parasite
Curse of Oink
Parasite Swarm
Breeding Grounds
Shrine of Memory

T3

Thunderstorm
Revenge
Deepcoil Worm
Swamp Drake
Wheel of Gifts

T4

Mind Control
Regrowth
Forest Elder shadow
Primeval Watcher

deck1.thumb.png.528a7d2a6b353947f80ca7b16b8edb7a.png

For the 2. strategy

T1

Surge of Light
Werebeasts
Amazon nature
Dryad frost
Shaman
Stranglehold nature
Primal Defender

T2

Creeping Paralysis
Ray of Light
Deep One shadow
Breeding Grounds
Shrine of Memory

T3

Equilibrium nature
Revenge
Abyssal Warder fire
Swamp Drake
Wheel of Gifts

T4

Regrowth
Colossus
Forest Elder shadow

deck2.thumb.png.6f79ed819e44837b780d946bd3f21b3f.png

For the 3. strategy

T1

Ensnaring Roots
Hurricane
Treespirit shadow
Treespirit nature
Shaman
Stranglehold nature

T2

Creeping Paralysis
Spikeroot
Breeding Grounds
Shrine of Memory
Root Nexus frost
Living Tower

T3

Revenge
Thornbark
Razorleaf
Wheel of Gifts

T4

Regrowth
Forest Elder shadow
Spore Launcher
Howling Shrine nature

deck3.thumb.png.cde7594112058209a57ce7d6ec9becb7.png

Edited by Phoenix313

My preference (Flying Power) for most Maps PVE or rPVE

Mana-Wing,Werebeasts,Windweavers,Shaman,Surge-of-Light,Ensnaring-Roots,Primal-Defender,Ghostspears,Deep-One_shadow,Root-Nexus_nature,Living-Tower,Breeding-Grounds,Abyssal-Warder_fire,Swamp-Drake,Wheel-of-Gifts,Forest-Elder_shadow,Giant-Wyrm,Regrowth

Root-Nexus_nature to heal all rooted entatys saves power best card if you playing root deck

Edited by Asraiel