NEW 1on1 PVP MAP!

Saim25

Hello everyone,

here you can download my new Map HIGHGROUND.

Its a fast and intense 1on1 Map, inspired by one of my favourite Maps "Haladur". 

Orbs: 6 (Maybe Ill add one more)

Wells: 16

1. DOWNLOADhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/zzlscd35ic4wler/Highground new version.pak?dl=0

2. Put the PAK file in Documents/Battleforge/"Map" (if there is no Map folder, create one)

3.jpg.83479d7860f9bd8ad9f2258378671c77.jpg

2.jpg.8057b5dceaa3d24cb8d83013a87fb3e7.jpg                                                                  

1.jpg.04c2c8dc3189fa34b5b00c9a699d70b2.jpg

4.jpg.f1712b08625a4c86947fce7239599b91.jpg

minimap.jpg.12090646a577a8a638789d522a73da2a.jpg

Edited by Saim25
nofearek9 and Metagross31 like this

3 minutes ago, Shotty said:

Well, there are supposed to be screenshots in the opening post, but for some reason they are broken (atleast for me)

@Saim25 you intend to fix that screenshot problem?

fixed :) can you see it now?

1 hour ago, anonyme0273 said:

Lookin' good, I think we may try it and perhaps Stream it, if you want. Lemme know

Stream would be great : ) 

12 minutes ago, ImperatorSK said:

Is the distance between the Spots and to the cliffs big enough? The minimap seem pretty small, so i think Frost T1, Cliffdancer or Flying Units (Skyfire, War Eagles, Energy Parasite) can be a problem.

yeah its enough, about 100m distance between each orb and from the middle to the next orb about 65m : )

59 minutes ago, bobfrog said:

nice job! you have a good eye for detail!

24 minutes ago, ThomasMann said:

you named it HIGHGROUND... pretty lame name, should've been ChokePoint City :kappa:

Haha :D its just for test but I like the name. Why City XD

25 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

@Saim25 Looks great, very well decorated! I like it! May I ask, what's the problem you're having with the minimap ?

I'll send you a pm:)  thanks 

2 hours ago, ImperatorSK said:

Is the distance between the Spots and to the cliffs big enough? The minimap seem pretty small, so i think Frost T1, Cliffdancer or Flying Units (Skyfire, War Eagles, Energy Parasite) can be a problem.

I played with him on that map, and the distance is aaaalmost too far for a mortar. It would be relatively safe for me to build a bunch though, and they would still be effective. Fire dancers should't really be an issue, but war eagles might...

@Saim25
Not trying to take over you map or anything, but I've been thinking about how to make it more competitive since we played. Here's my imagining of how I think the might would be best (actually, it might be my favorite for tournament play if it looked like this). Free free to take or leave anything, but I'll just give my reasons for the modifications I made, and maybe you can get something useful out of it.

To start, I added divots in those cliffs. This doesn't help cliffers get closer to the opposite base, but if someone builds a mortar in the center, now the enemy archers can get close enough to shoot it. Similarly, flying units can no longer cliff without being gravity surged (or maybe they can with really good micro if they sit on those protrusions, but at least then can only get one well at a time, and not the orb, as opposed to the other way where fliers have their choice of targets).

I also added a path along the top, with 2 wells and a monument. This would add a lot of complexity, strategically. If someone headed for that, he'd take a unit out of commission for a long time, giving his opponent power to attack his main base. (Now that I think about it, maybe it should be along the bottom. Or at least, it should be opposite the double power wells along the sides, to prevent cliffing).

I also want to add a single power well in the very center. This of course would be super dangerous, because everyone can cliff that spot but the center can't cliff back, but it's there in case someone wanted ground presence or an extra well. It'd be like the center in lajesh.

Untitled.png

19 hours ago, Eirias said:

I played with him on that map, and the distance is aaaalmost too far for a mortar. It would be relatively safe for me to build a bunch though, and they would still be effective. Fire dancers should't really be an issue, but war eagles might...

@Saim25
Not trying to take over you map or anything, but I've been thinking about how to make it more competitive since we played. Here's my imagining of how I think the might would be best (actually, it might be my favorite for tournament play if it looked like this). Free free to take or leave anything, but I'll just give my reasons for the modifications I made, and maybe you can get something useful out of it.

To start, I added divots in those cliffs. This doesn't help cliffers get closer to the opposite base, but if someone builds a mortar in the center, now the enemy archers can get close enough to shoot it. Similarly, flying units can no longer cliff without being gravity surged (or maybe they can with really good micro if they sit on those protrusions, but at least then can only get one well at a time, and not the orb, as opposed to the other way where fliers have their choice of targets).

I also added a path along the top, with 2 wells and a monument. This would add a lot of complexity, strategically. If someone headed for that, he'd take a unit out of commission for a long time, giving his opponent power to attack his main base. (Now that I think about it, maybe it should be along the bottom. Or at least, it should be opposite the double power wells along the sides, to prevent cliffing).

I also want to add a single power well in the very center. This of course would be super dangerous, because everyone can cliff that spot but the center can't cliff back, but it's there in case someone wanted ground presence or an extra well. It'd be like the center in lajesh.

Untitled.png

So first of all thanks for the reply Eirias, but we didnt really play the map because we were in the same team :D 

1. You can´t cliff any base on the map because the distances are too big. It shouldnt be possible to place a helpful mortar in the very middle because you cant cliff the bases to your left or the right. But I still need to test if this really works. 

I also think that Skyfires or War eagles wouldnt be a problem because counter them without gravity is possible. I mean its the same situation on many other maps too.

2. I think i dont want to add a new path because it would destroy my concept. Hiding at the base on the top would give the enemy a total map control. If someones not good playing t1 he could get easily rushed on many other maps too. 

3. Placing a well or an orb in the center could be good, I dont really know. 

so the only way to find out all those things is to play and test the map : )

3 hours ago, Saim25 said:

2. I think i dont want to add a new path because it would destroy my concept. Hiding at the base on the top would give the enemy a total map control. If someones not good playing t1 he could get easily rushed on many other maps too.

Well, my point about this is that it's a huge gamble to go for the top base. If someone is bad at t1 and goes for that well, it's an insta-lose.

Regarding the cliffing, iirc, the mortar could touch just the tip of the cliff. It couldn't hit the well itself, but it could still offer could ground control while archers are protected. But let's test this :)

I'm not a fan of the layout - it looks so stressful to pvp on :C

(And I guess, 'stress' is what you aimed for with a fast paced map like that)

But you sure did a great job and the details on the map, the water and everything look absolutely gorgeous! Really nice one!

Edited by Malzawar

Greetings Skylords, 

NEWEST VERSION IS IN THE DOWNLOAD LINK

minimap is now available. :)

22 hours ago, lFrostAvatar said:

Good job with the map!
Even though I am not completely into pvp I really do enjoy this map because it provides a fast paced gaming experience.
Despite that, the map also looks visually appealing and does not disappoint on that regard.
Keep it up!

Thank you :)

18 hours ago, Malzawar said:

I'm not a fan of the layout - it looks so stressful to pvp on :C

(And I guess, 'stress' is what you aimed for with a fast paced map like that)

But you sure did a great job and the details on the map, the water and everything look absolutely gorgeous! Really nice one!

Thanks:) but the Mapdesign is not stressful at all. Tested it a few times now and thats really not a problem

Edited by Saim25

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...