Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Donations are back   01/17/17

If you want more information, you can go check this topic : http://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/2790-donations-are-back/
    • MrXLink

Future of Skylords Reborn and intro to Ardent Peak   02/10/17

Dear Skylords, Skyladies, Skythings We have received the awesome news that we have been allowed by EA themselves to continue our project and open up many future possibilities! For all information and stream VODs, please refer to this topic:   
Eirias

Controversial PvP Opinions

31 posts in this topic

Another 5-card-T3 deck:

Scavenger,Thugs,Sunstriders,Firesworn_fire,Sunderer,Eruption,Darkelf-Assassins,Nightcrawler,Skyfire-Drake,Gladiatrix_nature,Windhunter_shadow,Ravage,Motivate,Lava-Field,Warriors-Death_frost,Bandit-Lancer_nature,Soulhunter_frost,Swamp-Drake,Surge-of-Light,Curse-of-Oink

I made this, eventhough I know bandits is one of the weakest/hardest factions. 

I just liked it because it has so many options

- going with a lot of smaller units and attack different bases (nightcrawlers), use motive and/or heal (if T3 already)

- going iwth a single soulhunter and use warriorsdeath

- going with skyfiredrakes, windhunters and swampdrakes (never seen this before in pvp, is it any good or at least fun?)

12 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Another 5-card-T3 deck:

Scavenger,Thugs,Sunstriders,Firesworn_fire,Sunderer,Eruption,Darkelf-Assassins,Nightcrawler,Skyfire-Drake,Gladiatrix_nature,Windhunter_shadow,Ravage,Motivate,Lava-Field,Warriors-Death_frost,Bandit-Lancer_nature,Soulhunter_frost,Swamp-Drake,Surge-of-Light,Curse-of-Oink

I made this, eventhough I know bandits is one of the weakest/hardest factions. 

I just liked it because it has so many options

- going with a lot of smaller units and attack different bases (nightcrawlers), use motive and/or heal (if T3 already)

- going iwth a single soulhunter and use warriorsdeath

- going with skyfiredrakes, windhunters and swampdrakes (never seen this before in pvp, is it any good or at least fun?)

Will be a hard and frustating way to the top.

But i would add Rallying and Aura of Corruption. To split in t3 into Nature is not the best decision, its anyway hard enough to play Bandits succesfull and reach T3 but adding Heal, Oink, Swamp only for t3 acts like the worst possible way.

Maybe someone else can look over your Deck again, i think you forget other strong cards.  Could only look briefly over it, since i do not have much time.

4 hours ago, ImperatorSK said:

I dont care about reps, i would beat the most people anyways in T1 so they will never see my T3. And the ones where i can come to t3, are usually not better with their t3s, i add Cursed well for ultra defensive people like MaranV, Freemka, or some other guys where i forgot the names that delay the games until the last minutes, annoying to play, so i can bleed them out. 

I feel like if you're devoting an entire deck slot to a card to break ultra defensive decks, you might as well take t4? (aka earthshaker).

So on to the next controversial opinion: I think earthshaker is one of the BEST "t3" cards for fire-nature in a 2v2, and possibly has a use in 1v1 (if you can't break through church lamers, curse well bleeders, northstar defenders, etc.)

Reasons why it's good in 2v2: As a fire nature player, nothing I have in t3 scales up well. Perhaps fathom lords do, maybe I can play brannoc if none of the other 3 players have him, but basically once we reach a late t3 stage, I'm useless. This puts lots of pressure on me to win t2, or at least be winning t2 and enter t3 before my opponents. Now with earthshaker, I have a new plan. Be aggressive, but stall out the game to really high powers (strangely enough mortar and roots is possibly approaching similar defenses to other t2 or t3 towers). Usually, a shadow frost opponent is happy to let the game go to super high power, and then I surprise them with t4. True, earthshaker isn't an insta win, but it really helps and for 1 deck slot, I can play a completely different strategy than normal fire-nature (or I can keep my same strategy, with 1 less card in t3, which doesn't really matter. Usually in fire nature if you enter t3 and need more than giant slayers, you're not going to win).

14 hours ago, Eirias said:

I feel like if you're devoting an entire deck slot to a card to break ultra defensive decks, you might as well take t4? (aka earthshaker).

So on to the next controversial opinion: I think earthshaker is one of the BEST "t3" cards for fire-nature in a 2v2, and possibly has a use in 1v1 (if you can't break through church lamers, curse well bleeders, northstar defenders, etc.)

Reasons why it's good in 2v2: As a fire nature player, nothing I have in t3 scales up well. Perhaps fathom lords do, maybe I can play brannoc if none of the other 3 players have him, but basically once we reach a late t3 stage, I'm useless. This puts lots of pressure on me to win t2, or at least be winning t2 and enter t3 before my opponents. Now with earthshaker, I have a new plan. Be aggressive, but stall out the game to really high powers (strangely enough mortar and roots is possibly approaching similar defenses to other t2 or t3 towers). Usually, a shadow frost opponent is happy to let the game go to super high power, and then I surprise them with t4. True, earthshaker isn't an insta win, but it really helps and for 1 deck slot, I can play a completely different strategy than normal fire-nature (or I can keep my same strategy, with 1 less card in t3, which doesn't really matter. Usually in fire nature if you enter t3 and need more than giant slayers, you're not going to win).

I tested also Earthshaker.

http://i.epvpimg.com/0zlwd.jpg

Earthshaker is ok, but

-There are maps without the possibility of T4

-Other maps have risky t4 spots and if you loose Map Controll this would not be possible

-It costs time and a Energy investement which only pay off if you be able to build it up and are able to kill a Cluster.

-If your Enemy reached first T3, you cant take the risk of going t4. He will pressure you alot so this high investment would kill you.

-With Amii Monument you would lose another Deck Slot

So it would only help against

a: Ultra defensiv people and only if they havent enough Offensive Power to pressure you to dead while you invest the 300 Power. 

b: against people where you are anyways in a big lead.

Edited by ImperatorSK

1 hour ago, ImperatorSK said:

a: Ultra defensiv people and only if they havent enough Offensive Power to pressure you to dead while you invest the 300 Power. 

b: against people where you are anyways in a big lead.

Yes. IMO those are the hardest people to deal with as fire nature, esp in 2v2s. Also in 2v2s, you can be losing in high power scenarios (or you enter t3 winning, and then start losing), but this card can clutch the game out (the premise being that you only enter t3 winning and then lose if the power levels are too high).

But for instance, going to a generated map against someone like @Hirooo becomes nearly impossible without earthshaker.

Edited by Eirias

23 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Yes. IMO those are the hardest people to deal with as fire nature, esp in 2v2s. Also in 2v2s, you can be losing in high power scenarios (or you enter t3 winning, and then start losing), but this card can clutch the game out (the premise being that you only enter t3 winning and then lose if the power levels are too high).

But for instance, going to a generated map against someone like @Hirooo becomes nearly impossible without earthshaker.

Against Hirooo it is hard enough to reach T2 or trade efficient, in the time you try to go t4 he would drink a coffee and after your T4 is up, he would smiling and you see only Grigory Nastys (with troll faces) all over the map, like he does If it was too boring in 2vs2, then he decided to nasty my monuments, cause we would win anyways.

Edited by ImperatorSK