Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×

It is just an spontaneous idea developed while writing in the shoutbox.

There was the idea to add water, air and light. While frost is a combination of water and air, the elfs for example represent the air part, there is no need for it also it would be a little bit odd when they became primary elements and the combined frost element would be also primary.

Also I think the light part (as counterpart to shadow) is very well represented by the nature element, especially because there are many things like surge of light and so.

Further I think, that primary elements could only be implemented with heavy modifications of the client and that this isnt really reasonable.

But I think that it would be possible to add combinations of elements. For example the two missing 2 element combinations, namely Fire/Frost and Nature/Shadow.

The idea is that it would be also possible to do combinations of 3 or 4 orb colors.

My idea was:

Holy (Nature, Frost and Fire):

Shadow wouldnt work because it represents the complete opposite of holy things and nature represents the light part (close to holy), but even nature isnt immaculate. I think Fire and Frost are somehow neutral because they are good and bad. So to get holy you have to extract the good energy of any of the good or neutral elements, thats why you need all 3 orbs.

The units could be angels (similar to the elfs of frost), the spells could be any light spells like surge of light and they could have structures that look similar to the thunder wagon.

Abyssal (Shadow, Fire and Frost):

Its the complete opposite of holy, so nature wouldnt work here and shadow is the element that represents this the best. Shadow isnt completely directed to destroying any live beings (even yourself) but is more dedicated to destroy anyone else to benefit out of their destruction. Also Frost and Fire arent completely good nor evil so they have also some bad energy and thats why you need to extract it from any of the 3 orbs to get this element.

There could be even more detrimental effects than shadow already has and the units could be daemons.

Eternal / Divine (Nature, Frost, Fire and Shadow):

Whether the eternity is good or evil nor divine beings like gods have to be. But the divinity means anything. Also gods are usually observed as omnipotent, so you have to combine all elements again to one element to get the source of all elemental power, from where everything was created and maybe where everything will go.

One of this units of this element could be a (Battle)Forge which you can summon, like the mothership in starcraft 2. It could be a T5 (as the only one) unit with a spare orb of choice (that maybe even affect the abilities of the forge, 2 nature orbs => healing ability, 2 shadow orbs => resurrection of corps, 2 fire orbs => siege, 2 frost orbs => extra defense or something like that).

Other units could for example be other gods like Zeus.

To the devs

I am aware that the chances are very high, that it wont be implemented, it was just a spontaneous idea and I like just the imagination how it could be ;).

Edited by Phoenix313

Well, it is not sure, wheter it is possible to add any cart to the game. But if it is, it will require tremendous effort to create the necessary artwork, lore, voice acting, game mechanics and balance everything out properly.

If there is a possibility to create more mixed cards, first would be to finish the Amii (Nature+Shadow) line, then the remaining 2 orb combination, the Frost+Fire.

And I don't think, creating 3 or 4 orb combinations would be any good, they should not happen. Using many elements if like a trade-off: cards requiring fixed element orbs are somewhat stronger, than the any orb ones. Therefor using many elements gives a greater versatility, in exchange for some power. It's quite logical: you can use the special properties of different factions, but in return you can not access some of the strongest units.

The three element (not to mention four) cards would push this system too far, because they would shortcut the diversity vs. power in a single (or two) element problem, and they would just become universal cards present in most of the decks. But hey, that's what Legendaries (colorless) are for, which the developers balanced out just right (just a single unit of that type can be summoned at a time on the map) to prevent them overflooding the decks.

4 hours ago, Phoenix313 said:

Whether the eternity is good or evil nor divine beings like gods have to be. But the divinity means anything. Also gods are usually observed as omnipotent, so you have to combine all elements again to one element to get the source of all elemental power, from where everything was created and maybe where everything will go.

One of this units of this element could be a (Battle)Forge which you can summon, like the mothership in starcraft 2. It could be a T5 (as the only one) unit with a spare orb of choice (that maybe even affect the abilities of the forge, 2 nature orbs => healing ability, 2 shadow orbs => resurrection of corps, 2 fire orbs => siege, 2 frost orbs => extra defense or something like that).

Other units could for example be other gods like Zeus.

"Sorry for the double posting, but I did not want to merge this with my other comment." - Oh, never mind, the forum auto-merged the two...

Are you familiar with the Balleforge lore? It is insanely long and detailed, so you shouldn't feel bad, if not:

According to the lore, the gods are not omnipotent at all, it's even highly possible, that they did not create the world, and appeared as the creation of the human mind and dreams (that's why the Forge of Creation, yeah, the "(Battle)Forge" you are talking about can only create things humans have seen in their dreams). And when the story starts, the gods are already infected with the Twilight Curse, most of them dead, the rest is rampaging mad, waiting to be slain by men.

The whole game campaign is about how the Skylords try to save the world from the Twilight infected mad gods, the rampaging Skylord, Brannoc, who is responsible in creating the Twilight curse, and from the Lost Souls, who are the side effect of the irresponsibility of the gods (giving eternal life to some humans, creating the Skylords).

And finally: the game does not use the Greek pantheon, but has its own.

Edited by Gahen

I know that it would take a big effort but new cards could also be build by the community. For example if here is a guy that knows how to do 3d editing (and I think there is at least one guy), then he could do the editing. Voice acting is a prob, because if not done professional it sounds stupid (and makes the whole game worse), but it could be also without voice or with voice of other already existing monsters. The artwork isnt that problem, because there are many guys that could do something like that, at least me (even if it would take me pretty much time to look good).

And the game mechanics, maybe its even not possible to add new game mechanics that arent already ingame, without editing the client.

The diversity vs. power is a good argument, but I think that it is still a balancing topic, as you mentioned it was for the legendaries. You could make them work similar as legendaries (for example one per player), so you could decide if you realy go for such element combination and almost waste a deckslot because you can use it once. Also you are forced to use this 3 elements or all 4 at least to get them so you have also a tradeoff in diversity. Further the T5 4 element card as described before wouldnt be easy to use too because most maps are made for 4 orbs per player, so that it would work only on a few maps, you had to use amii monument or you had to take the orb of another player ;).

Maybe it would also be enough to have just a few of such special cards and not as much as a whole other fraction has.

But I am totally with you that frost / fire and nature / shadow should be created first, too.

Edit - replay to your edit / double post ;):

I know the lore and I know the gods arent omnipotent, I meant it in another way but didnt knew how to write in another way. I meant that they would be in an way omnipotent, that they need all elements because their powers come by combining all elements that is a combination of all others, so that they are commanders of all elements and not that they can do anything. Just like the skylords (commander of any element) and the forge (can summon anything of any element) but both arent in a way omnipotent that they cant just change anything whenever they want and how they want.

Btw. when saying Zeus I thought of Thor because I associate this card with Thor:

GetMediaData?id=57b8d17b1f73e82f8ff28f05

Edited by Phoenix313

47 minutes ago, Phoenix313 said:

I know that it would take a big effort but new cards could also be build by the community. For example if here is a guy that knows how to do 3d editing (and I think there is at least one guy), then he could do the editing. Voice acting is a prob, because if not done professional it sounds stupid (and makes the whole game worse), but it could be also without voice or with voice of other already existing monsters. The artwork isnt that problem, because there are many guys that could do something like that, at least me (even if it would take me pretty much time to look good).

I'm sure, that the community can handle such issues, creating new content, while preserving the game's stylistic unity. And in the far future, I hope there will be new cards, but nothing must be rushed.

7 hours ago, Phoenix313 said:

Btw. when saying Zeus I thought of Thor because I associate this card with Thor:

You are german, probably played the german version of the game and associate Jorne with Thor when in the german version the Dreanought was literally called Thor? O.o

Edited by Shotty