Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bliksoldaatjie

Deck size

Deck size on BF was a tad bit large so maybe put a cost limit of the cards when making the decks so it's not just a bunch of OP cards as what I did back in the days.
It was fun and all but became to easy eventually

I dont think that 20 cards (about 5 cards per tier) are to much. It is enough to build strong decks (in PvE) but not enough to build a deck that works always (especially in PvP but also in PvE).

In other words: I personal, dont want a change here.

50 minutes ago, bliksoldaatjie said:

Deck size on BF was a tad bit large so maybe put a cost limit of the cards when making the decks so it's not just a bunch of OP cards as what I did back in the days.
It was fun and all but became to easy eventually

I don't think, it was too large. Sometimes it even felt too small. Of course some base difficulty PvE maps were easy with the properly selected units, but you could ramp up difficulty as much as you wished.

But I played without spending a cent, and was limitted to common/uncommon cards with some cheap rares I could buy on the market with 1-2 weeks of grinding, so I don't exactly know, how playing with a full OP deck felt.

I think the deck size was just optimal: it allowed great versatility, while also punished you for overly relying on a single orb level. Even with my limitted set of cards I spent much time thinking up deck compositions. I always wanted for example a Frost building based deck, but could never do that properly,  because it always lacked something (yeah, right, the Stronghold and the Worldbreaker Gun... but also I wanted to put in too many cards).

The deck size is just fine, restrict yourself for challenge, if you want to play it hard. You can arrange challenges to do some maps with limitted resources, I think you can find many people interested in that here on the forums. But the base deck size should stay as it is.

For PvE it didn't really matter that much, you could solo almost all expert with 8-10 cards deck. For PvP it sometimes felt too small and it is a good thing.

It really dependent on what deck you played. For instance pure fire PvP had enough slots for sure, but fire/nature and frost/nature were really struggling with slots...

I think deckslots are just fine now, adding more allows for PvP decks that are 'optimal' in every situation, and removing deckslots makes some factions unplayable

Yeah, nature and fire had good starting cards, not much like frost and shadow, anyway, i'll still main frost and shadow, no matter how hard it is.