Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

We now have a Patreon !   10/16/17

Donations are back, but they're now all on Patreon ! Feel free to check it out : https://goo.gl/TwmHYW
Tam Hawkins

Client Download

8 hours ago, Nijel said:

oh, well ^^ i live in regensburg too, so would rly be no problem for me if you want to download it at my place :)

suprise to see you here :)

Oh wow. that's a big surprise^^

If we should not get the download a few days early and in case i don't have access to my university the day it comes out, then I will gladly come back to your offer^^

thank you:)

1 hour ago, Tam Hawkins said:

Oh wow. that's a big surprise^^

If we should not get the download a few days early and in case i don't have access to my university the day it comes out, then I will gladly come back to your offer^^

thank you:)

np, i study at the OTH too btw :) 

34 minutes ago, Tam Hawkins said:

Cool, which field are you studying?

I'm at the university (so right next to you^^) studying biologie.

atm technical computer science, but it's hard af and maybe i do a apprenticeship instead :) 

@ Topicopener 

if you have a notebook just go to a mcdonalds or starbucks or anyplace that has free wlan and download it therebut since its an old game the filesize may not even rech 1 Gb

only guessing

As far as I know the game was bigger than 1 GB. I think it was 2 or 3 GB big. Also I doubt that the WLAN in mcdonalds or starbucks is really that fast and maybe the download will even break in the time it is downloading. In some mcdonalds the WLAN was even that bad, that you could be lucky if google finally started the search...

Also its even not that old, just 8 years, in this time games were delivered on dvds (up to 4 GB).

5 hours ago, Phoenix313 said:

As far as I know the game was bigger than 1 GB. I think it was 2 or 3 GB big. Also I doubt that the WLAN in mcdonalds or starbucks is really that fast and maybe the download will even break in the time it is downloading. In some mcdonalds the WLAN was even that bad, that you could be lucky if google finally started the search...

Also its even not that old, just 8 years, in this time games were delivered on dvds (up to 4 GB).

If the download is only 2-3 gb then i will not have any problem with it (6gb is my current download/upload limit) as long as they do not change my limit again.

Edited by Tam Hawkins

18 hours ago, Phoenix313 said:

Totally off-topic, but do you know that time is relevant? For some people 8 years is not that long... for other people (people I know that are present in this community) 8 years is close to half of 1/3 of their current age...

or download it at your parents home if needed only if they have internet ofcorse

@Phoenix313 inet in resaurants are very good its depending on the coutry, in danmark for example you have free 100 mbit wlan in open parks in the city so its defenetly only a matter of the countrys.

100 Mbiit, 50 people, how will you get? Theoretically 2 Mbit, practically 1 Mbit if you are lucky, usually even less. It depends on how many people are around you and using the WLAN. Also it matters how many WLANs are around you and interfering the WLAN you are using.

In other words: the more crowded your surrounding is, the less you will get and in some cases you even have to wait minutes until google has finished loading (my last experience of some mc donalds and burger kings).

Btw. you can even have WLANs with several 100 Mbits, my WLan at home even reaches connections from 600Mbit to 1,xGBit (5ghz, ac standard with 8 channels), but usually it is (for me alone) not enough to use my whole 200 Mbit Internet connection, because the WLAN is to slow (it reaches a speed of 80-180 Mbit). The reasons are that distance and interferences by neighbours or other wlan users count and I would say that the conditions arent below standard conditions, while in a restaurant which isnt empty, the conditions are considered even as bad.

In a crowded restaurant with many people using the hotspot you get almost nothing, no matter in which country you are, because the country wont change physical laws ;).

He can still try, but I doubt he will get lucky with that, especially because in such a place package loss and interruption of connections arent a rare thing.

Well he has enough options to download but his idea is good for people who have a slow connection so they can start loading a few days before and even I would load asap just like everyone because I would love to start playing right at the moment when it's finally released. :rolleyes:

Well since its nothing known when it will be released, im patient, but as soon as a date would be released id totally loose it and cant wait its horrible but typical for me. When something is far away or unkown when its happening im calm the closer it comes ... and im just honest. Well i can wait for it, no problem, if the devs want to open the download at the release date thats fine for me, as soon as it is available ill download it for sure. 

Edited by bazzacah