Voice communications

avM

Hi,

I realized discord is the way to go within this community.

But are there any folks that prefer TeamSpeak?

I have a couple of servers running and could host a 512 slots one if needed.

Let me know

avM.

In my opinion teamspeak is way better then skype and discord.. cause a couple of players like me have RAM issues with Discord and skype .. :P Does "skypebrowserhost.exe" and "discordbrowserhost.exe"
remember you on something? RIP :/

Skylord member 4ever ♥♥

3 minutes ago, Absoult said:

In my opinion teamspeak is way better then skype and discord.. cause a couple of players like me have RAM issues with Discord and skype .. :P Does "skypebrowserhost.exe" and "discordbrowserhost.exe"
remember you on something? RIP :/

Skylord member 4ever ♥♥

How the hell does Discord cause any RAM issues? 4GB ram here and Discord runs smooth and doesn't decrease my performance at all. It's really, really lightweight.

16 minutes ago, Shotty said:

How the hell does Discord cause any RAM issues? 4GB ram here and Discord runs smooth and doesn't decrease my performance at all. It's really, really lightweight.

The Problem about Discord is it has the same function as Skype but also as Teamspeak.. If you join a couple of Discord servers those servers are running 24/7 on your computer while Discord is online, Also your friendlist is getting refreshed every 1,5min's This is taking a pretty decent amount of RAM when you're like me .. I'm active on 21 different Discord servers.. Discord is draining 1,2GB Ram for me.. [8GB RAm here] Usally I can't play games like Ark Survival, Rust, The Forest & other HighRam games

1 minute ago, Absoult said:

The Problem about Discord is it has the same function as Skype but also as Teamspeak.. If you join a couple of Discord servers those servers are running 24/7 on your computer while Discord is online, Also your friendlist is getting refreshed every 1,5min's This is taking a pretty decent amount of RAM when you're like me .. I'm active on 21 different Discord servers.. Discord is draining 1,2GB Ram for me.. [8GB RAm here] Usally I can't play games like Ark Survival, Rust, The Forest & other HighRam games

So the program itself is not the problem. But your usage of it. (How the hell is one active on 21 discord servers anyhow? I'm on 2 rn o.o)

27 minutes ago, Shotty said:

So the program itself is not the problem. But your usage of it. (How the hell is one active on 21 discord servers anyhow? I'm on 2 rn o.o)

The Programm itself is the problem as you can see, if you're on multiplie servers in TS3 there is only the minimal use of the server you are currently
In discord your taskmanager shows up any kind of usage by different Paths, which uses WAY more RAM if I would be active on like 20+ TSserver it would only use about 100k RAM not a GB

As an example for 3 servers
54c2cd60ba.png

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

We did have a TeamSpeak server before but we migrated over to Discord as it is easier to use and is better for the project and keeps the community close together.

I get your point, I barely used Discord my self and of course keeping the community closer together is really important.

But from my perspective Teamspeak seems easier to use but that might be because I haven't used anything else for the last 14 years.

2 minutes ago, avM said:

I get your point, I barely used Discord my self and of course keeping the community closer together is really important.

But from my perspective Teamspeak seems easier to use but that might be because I haven't used anything else for the last 14 years.

I used TS a lot and for many years myself but I do think Discord is easier, however I prefer using Skype as it's just easier and doesn't drain my phone battery as much ;)

1 minute ago, Kiwi said:

I used TS a lot and for many years myself but I do think Discord is easier, however I prefer using Skype as it's just easier and doesn't drain my phone battery as much ;)

Thats good to know.. but I just love TS cause of the RAM usage of my PC