1 - Server DC after finishing a map

Geradon

14 minutes ago, MephistoRoss said:

After last server update/restart, I never encountered this bug anymore. Also not on Encounters with Twilight or Crusade. Anyone else encounter it since?

It's not fixed. Today I was able to win Nightmare Shard - Standard 5 times without crashing, but with the 6th victory it started crashing again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just saw Geradon's thread as I searched for the map name instead of the bug type in the forums. This can be closed or moved to his thread.

NAME: Disconnect after finishing Encounters With Twilight (Standard)
SEVERITY: 2
REPRODUCIBILITY: 2/2
DESCRIPTION: To my dismay after just finishing Encounters With Twilight the loading screen froze weirdly. Only very small pieces of the background image were visible and the loading bar didn't move. After half a minute I went into task manager but upon minimizing to desktop I heard the reward *ding* sound when you receive upgrades. When I maximized the game window again i was greeted by the upgrade window ingame but without any upgrades. Instead there was another window in front that said "Connection to server was lost". I did not receive upgrades and the map wasn't marked as completed making me unable to finish the 1P-Quests along that line.
SCREENSHOT: -
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
I haven't been online since around the time when you wanted to start close beta. Now I got into the game again and played some PvE.
Now I thought maybe it had something to do with the freeze and me minimizing the game. But after restarting BF and another playthrough I received the same disconnect without any loading screen issues at all. Apparently I am the only one having this issue so it might have something to do with my account that was just gathering dust after being reset for close beta. Or maybe it's a general bug that got into the game in close beta and went unnoticed because quite honestly nobody wants to play Encounters With Twilight, especially on standard. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kaliber84

@MephistoRoss@fiki574

It happened to me today. Funny thing is that this is the first time playing since all accounts got wiped for closed beta (not open beta). So it shouldn't have anything to do with my account as in this instance my account has only played 2-3 rPvE maps before this one. See the thread I accidentally made for a full description.

EDIT: Just went for a 3rd run with resource manager in the background. TCP connections are usually stable but made a jump up both when I finished the map and then another jump when I finished loading into the forge. Hope that helps. Also i included a pic of the DC notice.

Personally I think it doesn't have anything to do with how many times people play a specific map in a row individually. Could be the server that handles the map badly after it has been played a number of times.
Maybe it's worth considering what @John experienced on Nightmare Shard could be a different bug.

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Kaliber84

11 hours ago, Kaliber84 said:

Personally I think it doesn't have anything to do with how many times people play a specific map in a row individually. Could be the server that handles the map badly after it has been played a number of times.

This is probably the case. We'll see on new server if this will still happen, but the network backend and language switch could possible fix some of the bugs that are still present.

4 hours ago, fiki574 said:

This is probably the case. We'll see on new server if this will still happen, but the network backend and language switch could possible fix some of the bugs that are still present.

Didn't know you were moving to a new server. Any time estimate on that?
If not, then when is the next server restart? I really want to test this out a bit more (and progress the main quest line finally :'()

2 hours ago, Kaliber84 said:

Didn't know you were moving to a new server. Any time estimate on that?
If not, then when is the next server restart? I really want to test this out a bit more (and progress the main quest line finally :'()

Lol what?? Haven't you been following the DevPlatform for like past month? You'd see that rewrite and stuff is mentioned in every recent post there.

ETA will be available soon, stay tuned for tomorrow's dev post.

Plus, the server should've been restarted with the code that unlocks all maps.

4 hours ago, fiki574 said:

Lol what?? Haven't you been following the DevPlatform for like past month? You'd see that rewrite and stuff is mentioned in every recent post there.

ETA will be available soon, stay tuned for tomorrow's dev post.

Plus, the server should've been restarted with the code that unlocks all maps.

I read about the rewrite but didn't know it was connected with moving to a new server. Maybe I overread that. Thx for the info

BTT. I played the map quite a bit these last 2 days (like 7 times by now?) and found something new.

After having a disconnect for the first time after finishing the map I noticed that apparently I received the gold for the map but neither upgrades nor the progression on the world map after winning. Wasn't quick enough to make a screenshot though thus I don't know if the gold actually got transferred or if it was only the red notification text in chat.

So I wanted to play the map again but decided to create a new deck to alleviate the impeding boredom of another run. While still creating the deck the cardpool got a bit buggy. For a while it showed shadow T1-3, then frost T1-3, followed by shadow T4 and finally frost T4. Roughly a minute later I got another disconnect without playing any map at all. I then proceeded to log in again, create the deck anew and play the map. While playing I got a third disconnect after 5-10min. Note that I didn't exit the game completely in between disconnects.

Another thing that happened was that the data sent and received by the game completely stopped from time to time while playing, making me unable to play for a few seconds before a data spike was received again and the game continued. Those interruptions became increasingly frequent along with the disconnects.

I keep my theory that the server might handle the map badly (as inconclusive as that is) but it might also be possible that the amount of units or combat has anything to do with it as every disconnect I had was while fighting with a mid- to large-scale amount of units (except for the one in the forge).

Edit: Just now I had another disconnect after a 1P rPvE map. Screenshot is from then. This time I couldn't log in right after as "Account is in use". Don't know if this has anything to do with it but it might be an explanation why only a few people experience it and not everyone.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.3518d384e614609760da1a886f7b2dfb.png

Edited by Kaliber84

On 27.9.2017 at 3:48 PM, fiki574 said:

Now seems like post-game stuff (wins, losses and rewards assignments, etc.) is causing the crash, doesnt have anything to do with actual games or maps

That does seem very likely but also I did have disconnects while playing. They did only happen when disconnecting after finishing a game first though and are less common than after a game.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use