1 - Server DC after finishing a map

Geradon

• NAME: Server DC after finishing a map
  • SEVERITY: 1
  • REPRODUCIBILITY: just once so far
  • DESCRIPTION: After completing the map the game froze with black screen and later I got message that i got disconnected.
  • SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: see below
  • ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: -

Unbenannt.png

This occurs irregulary for me as well. It happened both when I was playing alone (Encounter with Twilight), and when we were 4 players (King of the giants). After finishing the map we disconnected and only got gold and exp(?), but no upgrades.

It also happened multiple times after using the Upgrades given despite losing bug a few times.

Edited by John

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This bug seems to occur permanently (not sure whether a server restart fixes it) after winning a map/difficulty a specific amount of times. For example, yesterday I played through Nightmare Shard on each difficulty about 10 times (I used a trainer to speed up this process) and I noticed a few things:

• The number of times I was able to win the map at a difficulty was the number of upgrades available on this map divided by 4
  • I never dropped any duplicate upgrades
  • When you lose, the crash does not occur. However, it did occur when losing when the Upgrades given despite losing bug was not fixed
  • The crashes happen both with Random, and with Assign (Upgrade distribution)
  • Destroying (Applying and removing) all upgrades dropped from the map/difficulty does not fix the issue
  • Enabling Speedrun does net seem to be affect this (crashes happens with and without speedrun enabled)
  • You do not receive any upgrades or EXP when the crash happens, only gold.

Some other things:

• When playing with 4 players, we crashed after playing King of the Giants once. When I was playing the same difficulty alone, I was able to finish the map once so far (I haven't tried a second time yet)

Nightmare Shard: Standard
5 times normal, then crashes everytime

Upgrades dropped (10/20):
1x Healing well
1x Dreadcharger
1x Satanael
1x Wallbreaker
1x Mutating Maniac
1x Furnace of Flesh
1x Coldsnap
1x Sunderer
1x Shrine of Martyr
1x Skyelf

Nightmare Shard: Advanced
4 times normal, then crashes everytime

Upgrades dropped (8/16):
1x Surpression
1x Glyph of frost
1x Thornbark
1x Lost Reaver
1x Unstable demon
1x Fleshbender
1x Grimvine
1x Necrofury

Nightmare Shard: Expert
4 times normal, then crashes everytime

Upgrades dropped (8/16):
1x Lost reaver
1x Unstable demon
1x Green peace
1x Winter witch
1x Thornbark
1x Glyph of Frost
1x Resource booster
1x Grimvine

Edited by John

2 hours ago, John said:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This bug seems to occur permanently (not sure whether a server restart fixes it) after winning a map/difficulty a specific amount of times

• The number of times I was able to win the map at a difficulty was the number of upgrades available on this map divided by 4

It seems indeed to be a problem after playing maps a specific amount of times. I would also like to mention that the bug Speedrun displays wrong difficulty in rankings also seems to have an issue with 4. It adds 4 to the displayed difficulty in the rankings. Not sure how related these bugs are, but there seems to be something with 4.

I played Encounters with Twilight (Standard) 3 times so far and the game crashes every time for me. I did not receive any gold upgrades or EXP.

Edit: did 5 runs of Soultree and got no rewards for the last 2

Edited by Treim

Same here I just Encounters with Twilight and got nothing only gold, same happened with Introduction as well.

EDIT: After I beat The Insane God and won with Link I went to my Upgrades and I had some random upgrade cards, that I am guessing are from winning the other games and they seem to have been received after I won a game and didn't crash or disconnect.

On 27.2.2017 at 8:47 PM, Treim said:

I played Encounters with Twilight (Standard) 3 times so far and the game crashes every time for me. I did not receive any gold upgrades or EXP.

Edit: did 5 runs of Soultree and got no rewards for the last 2

I just did a run of Soultree and crashed on the first try.
Yesterday I played through all difficulties of Nightmare Shard and started crashing on all difficulties. I asked @Ladadoos to play Nightmare Shard and he crashed despite not having won on that map before when playing alone. However, @Ladadoos said that he was able to properly complete Nightmare Shard and not crash when playing together with @RadicalX.

My theory is that once a difficulty on a map is won a few times with a specific amount of players, the same difficulty will always crash after winning the game with the same specific amount of players, which would make this issue not account related.

EDIT: After a server restart a map which has crashed before will not crash anymore. Today (28/02) after the restart I was able to finish Nightmare Shard (Standard) five times before it started crashing again.

Edited by John

Can confirm what was said before. Played Encounters with Twilight (Standard) for the first time after the reset and lost connection after the winning screen.

Edit: Ecnounters with Twilight (Expert) still works after several plays, Crusade (Standard) failed at first try

Edited by Toperoco
additional information

I played like 5 maps now, all crashed. Seems like some still counting as a win, since I made some gold. 1 Map had a blackscreen at the end ( after clicking ok on the win message ) which took some minutes and finally went to the forge. If I lose, everything is working fine.

I played today the first 2 single-player maps. On the first, an error occoured, but sadly I didn't got it, because my shadowplay wasnt running ._.

At the second, there was only that weird blackscreen, and after that a disconnect.

Both times, I got the Gold but no PvE exp.

Maybe the devs can reproduce the error, with resetting the level tree.. 

EDIT: Tried to play Advanced - worked. Switched back to Standard - again disconnect.. (Everything without using Speedrun)

Edited by bergerb

Also make sure you dont have 'speedrun' enabled, else you will always encounter this bug: https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/2901-1-speedrun-disconnects-at-end-of-game/

The black screen + disconnect (this thread) might be related to wrong upgrade reward IDs set on the server (@Bolrader said something about this), since this bug only appears sometimes.

I played Encounters with Twilight the last days a few times.. Here is the whole story :)

No Levels unlocked

I Started with Standard. That disconnected me, but I got an Errormessage, sadly my Shadowplay was turned off, so I didn't got this..

Now the second Level (Siege of Hope) got unlocked. I played this one (Standard), and again - disconnect.

Then I've tried to do Encounters with Twilight with several different Difficulties. Advanced - no dc, Expert - no dc, Advanced again - no dc

As soon as I've played another Standard, my Client again got disconnected.

On 9.3.2017 at 0:49 AM, fiki574 said:

Very weird, so it seems like occasional crashes...

10 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Doesnt seem a pattern exists.

I'm pretty sure that there is a pattern, as I've outlined in my previous posts in this thread.

Here are imo the most important patterns I've noticed:
1. Once a difficulty on a map is won a specific number of times with a specific number of players, the same difficulty will always crash after winning the map with the same number of players.

2. A server restart resets the number of times a map can be won.

3. When you lose the crash does not occur. However, it did occur when losing when the Upgrades given despite losing bug was not fixed, which indicates that this bug might be related to upgrade rewards.

Speculation (I'm not even sure if this is worth testing):
If my third point is relevant, and this bug is indeed related to upgrade rewards, then maybe the number of times a map can be won before it starts crashing is related to the number of upgrades dropped on a map instead of the number of participating players.
You should be able to test this by winning a 4 player map with 4 players until it crashes, and then try to win it with 2 or 3 players, and check if it crashes.

1 minute ago, Ultrakool said:

@Johnpretty sure your point 1 is invalid as treim crashed encounters before I did. Unless there was a server restart between then and now then it would be valid as i got upgrades and no crash after he crashed with no upgrades 

Yeah, it's not 100% confirmed. I don't know when the server was last restarted, but just to make sure: you both played the map at same difficulty, right?

For me this bug only seems to happen in Encounters with Twilight on standard difficulty, I have played dozens of other maps or Encounter with Twilight on other difficulties in which I never encouter this bug. Only when I play Encounter with Twilight on Standard again, this bug disconnects me after the black screen.

So everybody please keep posting here when you encounter this bug. Please mention the map and difficulty you played on and make sure you didnt have 'Speedrun' enabled (because then you will encounter this bug: https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/2901-1-speedrun-disconnects-at-end-of-game/)

Update: Crusade on Standard and on Advanced also disconnected me (after black screen), Crusade on expert worked fine though.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use