3 - Interaction in a replay to progress replay

Strek0za

NAME: Interaction in a replay to progress until certain point in a replay of Introduction
SEVERITY: 3
REPRODUCIBILITY: ALWAYS
DESCRIPTION: Every time I watch Introduction replay, I need to interact (a bit) with units, until a certain point where I need to build power wells and I can't do that because it's a replay. No matter what I do replay's time goes. So replay ends not at the end but somewhere where it wants.
SCREENSHOT/REPLAY:  Below.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Best chance to get this bug is to set replay's speed to maximum.

20170219_183158_11102_PvE_01p_Tutorial.pmv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey,

It is not necessary to disable introduction replays as there is a way to fix this. As this will alter the map scripts, I will only post a descriptive solution here. The actual script change and a code proposition could then be made post-release.

The issue lies within the scripting condition to check whether the Northguards, in the beginning, are being selected / deselected by the player. As replays in BattleForge work in a special way, if while watching this certain selection action is not reproduced by the viewer a desynchronization happens and the replay might show different events than actually happened.

The solution to this is to remove the condition if the unit is selected or not (the current tutorial will wait infinitely if you do not select the unit), and replace this infinite waiting loop with a fixed timer, that after the outcry has been delivered, automatically selects the units for the player and continues the game always after that fixed time.

As all other actions in the tutorial can be found in regular missions too, where the replays work correctly I am confident that there will be no longer any desynchs after this change. :)

Kind regards,

LEBOVIN

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use