Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

We now have a Patreon !   10/16/17

Donations are back, but they're now all on Patreon ! Feel free to check it out : https://goo.gl/TwmHYW
InsaneHawk

[Giveaway] Tell us your story !

Hello Skylords !

Here's our first giveaway on the forum, and I hope you'll like it. :)
As the title is saying, this giveaway will ask you to wrote first a little story about you (linked to battleforge of course) before getting any chance to get selected.

Rules are simple :

• You have to write a story about your past on battleforge, how did you learn how this game and why you liked it (for example)
  • How did you find us ? What do you except in the future etc.. (as an example)
  • You are 100% free on your story, it just need to be linked to battleforge, and our project.
  • You can only enter once, so the first message you post there will be considered as an entry, be careful.
  • If you already own the beta, you can't participate in this, but you can still answer other's stories. :)
  • Be precise, the better quality the story is, the more chance you have to get selected.
  • We'll select the best stories, and priviledged our active members on the forum.

Update : We don't know yet how many winners this giveaway will have, depends on you guys ! :)

You have 1 week to enter this giveaway, so this giveaway will end 15/02/2017.

Let's see your stories now ! :)

Well ok so my story starts March 26 2009, the release of Battleforge. I played since the beginning until the very end of it when the old servers went down. A old friend of mine told me to have a look at this game and since i saw the trailer i was in love with this game. I started with just the normal retail version but the game got me kinda like addicted. After some time went by i already got most of the good cards and in the very end like 1 month before servers went down i managed to collect all cards in the game and i also managed to reach the highest pve rank since i played way more pve then pvp I remember playing the Intro tutorial for my first time, summoning my first wind weavers, building my first wells and orbs and finally using Tremors to wreck the enemy buildings <3. Every time i played this game it felt never the same. I never saw a game so much exiting then Battleforge. After the servers went down i was very sad and thought: ok well you just had the best 4 1/2 years of playing computer games but now you need to look for something else. I ended up playing a lot of League of Legends and Diablo 2 and 3 but i still missed Battleforge like hell. Like 1 year ago i just watched some of my old videos of me playing Battleforge and looked up the Internet and with a lot of surprise i found your project. I was shocked and very very happy too see people trying to bring back this game i played for 4 and a half years straight. To be able to test the game now would be amazing. I just miss the game as much as everyone here and im glad you guys do all u can to bring us back the sweet memories of an epic game.

thx guys for making my (our) dream come true

2 minutes ago, launi91 said:

Well ok so my story starts March 26 2009, the release of Battleforge. I played since the beginning until the very end of it when the old servers went down. A old friend of mine told me to have a look at this game and since i saw the trailer i was in love with this game. I started with just the normal retail version but the game got me kinda like addicted. After some time went by i already got most of the good cards and in the very end like 1 month before servers went down i managed to collect all cards in the game and i also managed to reach the highest pve rank since i played way more pve then pvp I remember playing the Intro tutorial for my first time, summoning my first wind weavers, building my first wells and orbs and finally using Tremors to wreck the enemy buildings <3. Every time i played this game it felt never the same. I never saw a game so much exiting then Battleforge. After the servers went down i was very sad and thought: ok well you just had the best 4 1/2 years of playing computer games but now you need to look for something else. I ended up playing a lot of League of Legends and Diablo 2 and 3 but i still missed Battleforge like hell. Like 1 year ago i just watched some of my old videos of me playing Battleforge and looked up the Internet and with a lot of surprise i found your project. I was shocked and very very happy too see people trying to bring back this game i played for 4 and a half years straight. To be able to test the game now would be amazing. I just miss the game as much as everyone here and im glad you guys do all u can to bring us back the sweet memories of an epic game.

thx guys for making my (our) dream come true

Nice one :)

It all started when I was 10 years old. I went to my local gamestore and they had this disc for sale, I thought it looked really cool and bought it. At first, I didn't really know how to enter the game so I played around in the forge and thought that was the entire game ( I still liked it a lot ). A few weeks later I got a few of my friends to try it out aswell, after a few days we found out how to actually enter the game. At this point a new gate was opened the game went from being a 6.9/10 to a solid 10/10.

We played a lot of PvE together and also battled eachother, eventually we tried PvP but we got run over big time. We didn't really like the tier 1 and 2 units so we always played very defensive up until tier 3/4 which eventually gave us about 2% winrate on PvP I reckon. But we didn't change our playstyle because of that, we just loved the looks and sounds of the horrifying beasts in tier 3 and 4. Another reason why we lost so much could be that the one of us with the best deck had a deck level of about 20 because we literally had no idea how to get the correct upgrades and sometimes we'd randomly get the right ones. Back then, I had no idea one could buy things online and I thought everything was bought in the store so I bought battleforge about 5 times because it came with a couple of thousand BFP each time. Needless to say I became a lot better than my friends because they didn't buy it several times (they had no idea that this was how I got so good cards).

Quite some time went by and eventually we stopped playing Battleforge, probably because one of my friends found Minecraft and there was a huge hype around it. About 2 years ago, me and two of the friends I used to Battleforge with started talking about it but we couldn't quite figure out the name, after about 2 hours of searching the web for "Game where you play monster cards" we found it but we were not very satisfied with the results as it said that it had been closed. We talked a bit about how cool the game actually was and how the graphics still held quite a good standard compared to modern games. Fast forward a few months to June 2015 and I tried to search for the term "Battleforge" with not much success except a thread on a forum called RageZone (I think). It said that they wanted to revive the game and that there were people that loved it, I got really hyped and then a few minutes later I found out that this was an actual thing and not just an idea.

There was a website! I went to the website and registered, there were very few members back then, 10-15 members were registered if my memory isn't failing me. I chatted a little bit in the chatbox and I even think that I made a post in a thread. The next day, I came back and suddenly there were a lot more members and I thought "Wow, there are really a lot of people still interested in this game". Since then there have been a lot of weird, wonderful, strange and fun things happening on this forum. We have had political debates, we have questioned life, we have hyped milestones and we have talked and laughed together. I will always like this forum a little more than any other forum, I look forward to doing all this in-game with this community and I look forward to reaching 10.000 members on the forums which is just insane! 

I would like to thank all the members of the forums for (so far) two lovely years, let's make 2017 the third!

(I might edit this later if I remember more details)

Edited by veryhasted
formatting

i first got into touch with battleforge at the time LoL came out of beta or so. The now husband of my 1st sister recommended me BattleForge since i really enjoyed playing TGCs like YuGiOh back then. When school got harder and friends got seperated i looked around for something new to invest time in. Either LoL or BattleForge. Sadly LoL was always more important to me. I used to switch on and off of playing either of those. 

Starting with BF was like a dream. i enjoyed the missions and until i realised that its even Multiplayer and how enjoyable building decks and playing with those was, i got hooked on the game. I also got my cousin into BF (who was always better in BF than me :P). But oh man after i got him hooked to the game it really started to kick of with PvP. It was so much fun to just fight against each other, talk abou the game for hours and look at our replays and compare our low ranks while they were slowly rising. 

However there were hard times in the PvP area with a lot of balancing issues which took way too long to get fixed and we got disconnected from the game. 

But after some time i got us both into the game since we had such good memories about it (and obv. our accounts were still nice). We started going for more extreme variants of our decks, started exploring other types than just our primary ones, started farming like crazy, training pvp -.

I loved watching replay videos from casters about pros and learn new engaging tecniques. But i noticed how the scene died out. Farrock was pretty much the only one doing professional videos about replays, and that only unconsistently either (busy from family - lovely guy tho, he even mentioned me in one of his videos)

I think after that time i decided to start trying to get involved into the youtube community myself, opened up the channel SotDead91 / OffSky and yeah did up to 31 videos wow. looking back to it now i wanted to do so much more... well i was just a normal student in his teen years and that wasnt the best mix to make videos. I was never the biggest pro in BF but i just wanted to keep the community going in any way. I tried out different formats, from which the live playing was the most successful.

I heard from BFR through legacy reforge i think ? or maybe just from facebook in general. Since BFR / Skylords Reborn was announced i was hyped again and told everyone that i was going to be doing videos again, and a bunch of different formats with that. Now im thinking more like probably ill do the live playing on stream and upload those on YT, and do laddering on YT from ground up etc. 

times have changed, hobbies have changed, now my hobby isnt as much gaming anymore but more focused on music production (i did some covers of BF songs, look em up in the forum :P). i wish i could be more active here but im just not a forum guy, since im only interested in certain topics like media. 

I hope Skylords Reborn is going to do much better than BF did in the sense of activity in updates, who knows maybe even brand new (community) content in the game. The hope will never die but im happy to see that so many people can gather around such a brilliant game that sadly got lost in the woods.

I certainly hope that once Skylord Reborn goes online that the youtube community will see new faces since its now easier than never to post videos or livestream. peace

It all started when i was just 7 years old, and I was soon to find my most favorite game to this day... These new kids moved across the street from where I live in Canada. I was curious of the kind of people they are, and I guess you can say i'm the kid that would want to meet new friends any time anywhere. I introduced myself to one of the two boys that were first going to my school and soon after that day we became the best est of friends! Now after a long boring day at school he came over to my house, keep in mind I was 7 at the time and i didn't really know games on the computer other than like club penguin and such until he showed me a blessing of a game known as Battle Forge!

So Battle Forge was a unique card game i have never seen before, just playing the game gave me chills from time to time. Building an army and annihilating everyone and anything in my path! My friend showed me it while he was at my house because his computer would never be able to run it, it was always crashing and fps was dropping it was terrible. Since we were best friends AT THE TIME his name in the forge was [insert name here] IS KO, so I very conveniently named myself DAWSON IS KO. I was pretty sh** at first but once i got the hang of it I was surprisingly better than my friend, and i'm not gonna lie he was pretty good. He taught me different strategies and different ways to conquer my way through PVE using my very own custom made fire deck. PVP was going great too we would always 2v2 on the map Fyre which happened to be my favorite PVP map. Winning or losing we were happy either way and we knew we would be able to beat them sooner or later. I kind of forgot about Battle Forge around when I was 9 years old and I hope I never make the same decision in my entire life. I just started getting back into it right while it was beginning to close, and i didn't even relise it was closing. I just saw the server online status a black circle, i just kept saying to myself that it was my computers fault when really it was EA. Some reasons were understood but I never can witness anything else happen to this beloved game of mine.

3 years later i decided i needed to figure out what happened to Battle Forge, and I was completely devastated when I found out the bad news. I started to look around for anything that could tell me how I can go back and play it again until i stumbled across Legacy Reforge and Battle Forge Reborn. I checked out legacy reforge first which i did not see a resemblance to the original BF only that he was making a different game just in the Battle Forge style. I checked out Battle Forge Reborn and you guessed it, I found what I was looking for. The game being reborn and exactly like the original game (without buying BFP of course)! I was obviously spamming the "Play" button on the game page but nothing was working, and i did what everyone did when they just joined Battle Forge Reborn, not read the FAQ at all and start asking all these pointless questions like "When will the game be out" and "Will it be just like the original game?". Oh well though people redirected me to the FAQ and all of my questions were answered. To this day I am still looking forward to landing in the forge and enjoying this astonishing game with you all. Skylord Reborn Member till the day I die.<3

I legit can't remember how I found Battleforge. Strategy games are my favourite games to play and somehow by chance I got to Battleforge. There must of been some ancient angel on that day when I was searching for FTP games to play and found it for me. I didn't search for Battleforge, Battleforge searched for me, and it wanted me, it took me in and gave me many hours of enjoyment. And why I like Battleforge is pretty simple, it has an incredible system that I have never seen before, you play cards and then control them and destroy your enemies, with the help of spells and buildings, that screams out awesome to me in an instance. And how did I find the forum, well I was just sitting their one day and the remembered about Battleforge, but I couldn't remember the name of it, and if you have had that problem before it is sometimes very hard to find something without knowing its name. So then I tried to remember really hard, and I can't remember how I legit found out about the project, seeing as I forgot about Battleforge. But somehow I found the project and I am very grateful that I found the project and I love this forum, it gives me a nice and friendly place to chat to cool and awesome people and I have tried to come on everyday. I know this may sound strange, but I do wish I found this project more early in its development so I could really be one of the regulars who made their forum account in 2015, but alas I have to settle for 2016 May the 30th, but that is still fine. If I didn't find this project my life would be very different right now and I probably would be doing better in school, but sometimes you have got to make sacrifices, for what you truly desire and believe in. And what do I expect in the future, well that is pretty simple, for the game to come out and be very prosperous in terms of players and friendships, and I also hope that somehow, someway, maybe extra content from the developers, who are doing an amazing job as well as every member of staff. Well I think that about wraps this up, this was very enjoyable to write and I didn't even plan it somehow. Well good luck to anyone else and may the odds be ever in your favour. :watermelon:<3

To begin with, my first experience with Battleforge was with my father.

8 years ago I was much younger than I am now, and most likely, not as mentally capable as I am today. This is important because when I first played Battleforge, I had no idea how it worked or played. All I knew was that it was this cool game that I could summon in creatures and fight monsters, build walls, it was overall just kind of a heavenly fantasy world to me. But even then It brought me hours of fun as a child just messing about in the Forge. There was a period of course where I completely didn't play the game for about two years. By this time I had matured a surprisingly fair amount, but I was naive. I thought that the game would last forever and I could come back to it whenever, just the same as ever,(BOY WAS I WRONG). I left the game for another year, playing off and on, progressing through the whole campaign as far as I could as a solo, mildly incompetent adolescent. I didn't dabble in multiplayer because I had no friends online to play with. I still loved the game, it brought me child like wonderment even at my early teens.

But it wasn't until its last year of "Living" that I got invested in it. Still not as invested as most, but more invested than most kids my age were invested in things.I actually learned how to properly battle, what cards are good, strategizing, etc. But it wasn't until after it closed that I truly started appreciated. The card system itself scratched an itch that I didn't know I had until It was gone.

I go back and find myself attempting to find footage, anything from the good days of battleforge that I could find. Of course it wasn't perfect, buying the packs with money was still a thing, but my dad unloaded tons of money into it at my request. Either way, I find myself yearning for Battleforge every time I'm bored, even if I was only to spawn a million things in the Forge.Every March 23rd, I set my Desktop Backround to a Battleforge screenshot in commemoration, if you will. It was around last year that I found this project in a google search for images.I was suspicious at first, but when I actually looked at the videos I was overjoyed. I couldn't believe my eyes, and still barely do to an extent. Battle Forge has filled countless hours of boredom and it's a game that I yearn for. I have many nostalgic games on my list but Battleforge is the one I treasured and regret not playing the most.I'm so thankful that you guys are bringing it back, and I hope that this time around, I can fix all my regrets.

Thank you guys, really.

Edited by WaspArcher

Well I found this great game by accident. One of my friend's told how he found a new game online. So I went to his place to see the game. When I first saw the login screen, I was amazed. Then he showed me some stuff in the game it's self. He was a kind of big player. He got all the good cards. And so we played the game for the whole day. When I got home I downloaded the game and start playing it. I remember that I got a gift from my friend. He sent me a card. I didn't know the value of the card. The card was a "Harvester". Shadow 2 orb(Back in the day I used to play a looooot of shadow). As I said i didn't know the value of the card so I used it in the first place. But later when I realized what the true value of the card I was like "Wooooooooow really bro ?!". And so it started. Some days later more of our friends joined the game. We got really good at it. Played it all day all night long. Well that were fun times, but then all at once came an update from EA. Like they're shutting the game down. We were down. Like the bottom of the sea down. We were searching for other servers, but they were non. And so the game shut down. But years later the same friend. The one who showed me Battle Forge. He found "Battle Forge Reborn". And I was Happy to the heavens and back. Well we couldn't play the game but we knew the game will be back. The hype was through the roof. We were watched every stream. You guys gave us hope to play one of the best games ever made. I don't know if he'll see my post but I want to say tnx bro and tnx to you guys for this. You made a group of friends happy again. And yeah that's my story. 

Well. Here we go, then.

I'll be completely honest with you: I've never actually played Battleforge. However, before you completely disregard this post, I will (If I may) explain the story of how I found this forum. I'm completely aware that this is likely to be an invalid entry, but I'm in the mood for telling a story. So here it is.

So! As you may or may not know, I am friends with Thomas Mann AKA His Greatness, The Melon Lord. Back in September, I noticed that he was often speaking about a particular forum that he was involved with, and frequently mentioned the name 'Kiwi' from time to time. This intrigued me. I thought to myself "Who might this 'Kiwi' character be, exactly?" and when he mentioned that she was, in fact, The Queen of 69, my interest was piqued even more. I was determined to find out who this mysterious Kiwi was, and what kinky shenanigans Mr.Mann might have been getting involved with. So, one day, I asked him about the forum, and he explained how it was all to do with a game called Battleforge. I had never heard of it, but again I was intrigued. I asked "Could I maybe join, too? It seems quite banterous, to be frank". And he said "Sure, why not". So Tom linked me to the forum, and I created an account. To instantly gain the attention of the fabled 'Kiwi', I added the number 69 to my regular username. I knew for a fact that this would draw her out of hiding, and I was correct in thinking this. She appeared, we briefly chatted, and the mystery was solved. He introduced me to a few other members, such as Shotty and Eddio, with the latter member believing that I was an evil clone of Tom Mann himself. I still have yet to convince him of the truth. 

It was characters such as Shotty, Kiwi, Eddio, Sylvix, Link and everyone else here that kept me coming back. You're all freakin' fun as hell to talk to, and I really appreciate the little chats that we have. Rest assured I'll keep coming back and, hell, I might even play the game for myself one of these days so I have a legitimate reason for being here other than to be a chatty feathered spectre. So, again, thanks everyone for just being here. You're awesome, and I bid you all a good evening (regardless of what time of day it may actually be.)

PublicFrenemyNo69

Picture This

It's the December of 2012, you've just lived through the apparent end of the world that was going to happen on 12/12/12 and you've gotten bored of just about every game you play. You and your friends are sitting in a Skype call stumped as to what you're going to be doing for the next few hours. You mutually decide that there hasn't been a good card/strategy game out for a while, so you take to the depths of google to find what could potentially be the game you spend entire years of your life playing. A few pages of online card games that you could barely stand to play even for a few minutes and you click on the next one, expecting it to be yet another downer. Hang on a second. Just the look of the website trumps everything that you've seen hands down. Could this be it? The diamond in the rough you've been looking for all this time? You scroll down to some game-play footage and sit through the entirety of it. This looks too good to be true. Why was it so unheard of when it looked so damn good. So you decide to test the theory myself. You download the game and get to the tutorial. You're instantly hit by an insanely new game-play feel. You carry on playing due to the immense enjoyment and pleasure you are receiving from this. You try out all the different modes and check out all the different cards and get your friends into the game. Less than a year passes and you and your friends are at the top of your game, ready to take on the world. Then, you are struck by immense distress as you are informed of the fact that the forge is to be shut down. You can't comprehend how games like FIFA by EA can have a new game released every year yet they can't seem to keep up a singular game that is loved by so many. Anyway, the facts are facts and it's set in stone. You play out the rest of your days in the forge and are almost in tears when you aren't able to launch the game anymore. A few years pass, the petition for private servers is ultimately ignored and you move onto new games as they are released. You happen one day to stumble across a project by the name of "Legacy Reforge". This guy is telling you that he is planning to recreate the game you once held dear! So you follow every post on the project as you progress throughout daily life. He creates a video one day saying that there's another project looking to recreate the game but exactly as it was before by the name of "Battleforge Reborn". You still value Legacy Reforge more than this as you like the idea of brand new characters and content. You follow both projects closely and you get into both projects quite deeply, interacting with the community and watching streams especially as Battleforge Reborn is the more active one. Recently another announcement was made that Legacy Reforge was taking a hiatus to work on a new game engine and you are alright with this news considering that another project was running, now known as "Skylords Reborn". That's all for now.

Well that's me. It's Present day and we're edging closer and closer to hopefully what will be release. I expect great things from this game in the future and hopefully what will continue to bring back old members of the community and attract new ones. Honestly thank you so guys so much for bringing this game back and I hope you all know just the intensity of the appreciation the community has for you.

Much Love Guys! <3<3<3 

I can't remember precisely when I started playing battleforge, but I remember that it was through my group of friends that this game came into my life. After a few days of playing, I realized that this would be the game where I would spend most of my free time. Actually, at the time the addiction was so much that I played on a pc with very bad specs, was my first pc, and its motherboard melted in the middle of a PvP xD. My screen started flashing, and eventually died. The next day I went to a pc store, and they told me that there was no solution... I stayed about 1 month without playing BF, until I bought a new pc and BF was the first things I installed. I think this is the best story I have with BF, at least the funniest. :P After several years of fun, the time came when EA announced the closing of the BF, and I was really depressed for a while, just thinking about the time I gave to this game. Later, at the end of 2015 / beginning of 2016 I started to remember the good old days playing bf, and then I found this beautiful project. Now I've been following this project for quite some time, and I can't wait to one day be able to play, the now called Skylords Reborn. <3:hypetrain:<3 

Edited by Pew4u

17 hours ago, InsaneHawk said:

Hello, My name is Matias and I am 15 years old. I live in Norway! I am now going to tell you my story about my experience with battleforge! I think I was about 9 or 10 years. I was introduced to the game by my older brother. I did not have a computer at this time so I needed to borrow my mums. I could not think of anything else then play this awesome new game my brother found. I told everyone at school about it. They did not try it or think about it. Everyone at my age then loved Minecraft. I was a big fan but I preferred battleforge. I had a problem at that age with concentrating, so if I behaved and did good I would get battleforge points. Then I got my first computer. It was Christmas. I rapped it up and ask my dad if he could help me install battleforge (you know, because I was a kid then). All Christmas I was playing battleforge. My parents complained at me. But I did not care, because well… Battleforge! I was never in the community. I just played like I wanted. Remember I was the fag that took others monument xD. My favorite map was the four player map where you were going to save a wagon and kill “Jorn”? And my favorite card was the juggernaut! The guy with the big hammer. Well, battleforge shut down and I was in tears. Could not believe it. When I found out I ran to my brother and told him and he already knew it. But he did not care so much. He played other games then. Well I have always been sad about this amazing game shutting down. Well I needed to accept it. Then I think I found you guys the spring of 2016. I was so hyped! I think I read somewhere that it would be released within that summer. So I was waiting excited. But the game did not come out to that time. I joined in on twitter, Facebook, YouTube and twitch. I watched all the videos and gave all of them thumbs up! Everyday when I go on my computer I have a folder named “battleforge”. Where I have linked all your social medias and the forum and a word document where I keep my password to all of the things so if I win I will be “totally safe” I hope! I try to watch all your streams. Not only the main stream but also like kiwis and Ultrakool. Long time ago when I knew about this, maybe in the summer. I got invited to a battleforge stream. It was anonyme0273`s stream I think. I was so exited for this. He had downloaded a pvp map that me and him were going to commentate. I almost swallowed my heart, because well… BATLLEFORGE! I kind of said yes because I wanted to come in on the community. I was a shit pvp player. I mostly tried to get card upgrades. I never not the right ones to upgrade, I was so confused. I probably did something wrong. Remember I was just a kid. Most of that stream I did not say much, because I just played pve and never pvp xD. I remember I help once in that stream. He asked me “what did he take that monument again”? And I said! NO! he took it for his first time! I felt like I at least did something to help the stream xD. He had like three guest to “help him commentate” even he could have done it all by him self. Then after those two + me, Insanehawk came on the stream and talked little bit on the project. Well the time came you guys had a giveaway on stream for beta testers. I was so hyped. I would give anything for being in the beta. I think I asked you if I could pay me in because I was so desperate after this. Well you took “6” testers I think. I was shaking all the tame and crossed my fingers to be a tester. My heart was in my throat. You had the #ItsHawksFault”. After you had taken 4 beta-testers I just checked if I wrote it wrong. And I fucking did. I wrote “#ItsHawkFault” I forgot the “s”, I got so pissed. I wrote it correct the last two times. But I still did not win. Since then I have been on the carved after giveaways. Just like this one. Like for real I would literally cry if I win this. I almost cried when I thought I won on the giveaway, but it was a guy with a similar name.

This text is actually longer then some of my exams xD. I am terrified that I will not win this. I sit here writing and I get this sounds. And every time I refresh the giveaway there is another story there. I am so desperate after this chance! And thank you for giving me this opportunity to get in the closed beta! Take care, I love your work!

Nytt Microsoft Word-dokument (2).docx

Edited by CommanderPoop

It was just another regular day, my best friend and i were sitting at my place playing some games (if i remember correctly it was stronghold crusader) together and just like always we were watchin tv by the way. One of these gaming shows where they presented new games and one of these games was Battleforge. I really fell in love with these graphics and the design of the whole game, i always liked trading card games so it amazed me even more. At first they were talking about fast-paced pvp matches and i thought, ouh too bad if this is pvp only. After we finished our match my buddy played something else, it was call of duty or sthm, but i started to inform myself a bit more about battleforge and i found out that there is also singleplayer missions and cooperative. AND I WAS IN! :D

As my pc was downloading the games i searched for more videos about battleforge also found some tutorial vids. Later the download was finished and so my addiction has started with the heroic music (Lords of the skys) that played when battleforge launched for the first time on my pc and it was incredible. Before i did anything i played maybe 2 hours just in the forge before i started with the tutorial and the following pve missions. A couple of missions later my buddy said, man and that is free to play? And i said yea and its tons of fun! He instantly started the download as well so we rocked the forge together! B)

A couple of years later we got one of the most destructive message of our gaming life, maybe the most destructive. BattleForge is about to be shut down. We were absolutely shocked and were nearly crying about the fact that we nearly got every card/deck we wanted in all the time, our invested money and of course, the shutdown itself. We used the last weeks and months to play bf over and over again, started with pvp a little bit and then it was all over. Battleforge RIP † 31.10.2013 :'(

In the following months i were looking for an alternative, but i didnt found anything. Also searched for maybe battleforge private server, battleforge 2 or smth. I found Legacy Reforge, that little project were someone tried to recreate battleforge in his own way. I liked that project on fb to see everysingle update, but the progress was really slow. But then, someone posted in the comments of one post there, that a small team is trying to revive battleforge, and that they call that Battleforge Reborn. I was instantly fascinated by this project and watched some of the streams youve made in the progress and i was surprised how fast you were, playing in the forge, some social functions working and stuff like that. I was so damn happy to see that game working (well not perfectly but the project was young) again after so long time. So i became a part of this awesome community. I'm happy to be here :)

Edited by Riviute

1 hour ago, Pew4u said:

Je ne me souviens pas exactement quand je commence à jouer BattleForge, mais je me souviens qu'il était dans mon groupe d'amis que ce jeu est entré dans ma vie. Après quelques jours de jeu, je me suis aperçu que ce serait le jeu où je passais la plupart de mon temps libre. En fait, au moment où l'addiction était tellement que je joue sur un pc avec de très mauvaises caractéristiques, était mon premier pc, et sa carte mère fondu au milieu d'une xD PvP. Mon écran a commencé à clignoter, et est finalement décédé. Le lendemain , je suis allé à un magasin de pc, et on m'a dit qu'il n'y avait pas de solution ... Je suis resté environ 1 mois sans jouer BF, jusqu'à ce que j'acheté un nouveau pc et BF a été la première des choses que j'ai installé. Je pense que cela est la meilleure histoire que j'ai avec BF, au moins le plus drôle. :P Après plusieurs années de plaisir, le temps est venu quand EA a annoncé la fermeture de la BF, et j'était vraiment déprimé pendant un certain temps, en pensant à l'époque j'ai donné à ce jeu. Plus tard, à la fin de 2015 / début 2016 , j'ai commencé à se rappeler le bon vieux temps de jeu bf, puis je trouve ce beau projet. Maintenant , j'ai suivi ce projet depuis un certain temps, et je ne peux pas attendre un jour être en mesure de jouer, ce qu'on appelle maintenant Reborn Seigneurs célestes.<3:hypetrain:<3 

Coucou c'est moi ^^

Just Read all the stories and I gotta tell ya, we got some great writers over here. Chuckled at some parts. Just wanted to say I wish you all the best of luck, We'll be waiting for you in the Forge soon!

My journey in this game starts off with sitting besides a good friend and watching a battlefield 2 trailer with him. During that time we tried various types of games, yet none felt immersive. However next to our video a title brought up our attention - "battleforge announcement trailer". We decided to take a look at the trailer and the content shown blew our minds. Returning home I rushed to download the game, yet there was a problem - it wasnt free. fortunatelly my friend shared his acc and i had a chance to experience the thrill of defending in bad harvest. After a week or so there was an announcement that the game would switch to f2p and boy I could hardly contain myself. As soon as that day came i immdeiatelly logged in and without thinking twice rushed to the 4 man map.

After a few consecutive losses i lost my enthusiasm and started to rethink my strategies. Eventually with the passing of time i learnt all about energy management, marketing, pvp and pve strategies (i have to thank farrock for that mainly). Trully this was the first game that i immersed myself in. I was never a great 1v1 pvp player yet there was one thing i got completelly addicted to - fyre. The map with close encounters in mid was made each fight so thrilling that i never got bored of it. Time passed by and i found the old official battleforge forums. I have to admit that i was not liked by many people due to posting for quantity instead of quality, yet i did find some friends and one of them offered me to join a battleforge skype group. There was plenty of drama, humor etc. yet we were all united by a common interest, that is battleforge. I still remember the heart- tearing moment when our beloved was being closed down and we gathered in a skype conversation to count down the apocalypse.

For a long while after the game got shut down, the activity in our group died down and there was barely any chat for months, yet one day someone posted  a link of the battleforge reborn project. A spark, which brought back the light in the battleforge community. After having a conversation with a kind dragon,  i decided to follow the project and as soon as the forum popped up, without hesiation i registered on the platform. To this day i am patiently waiting here. The word "reborn" also means to me as a second chance. I have another opportunity to show myself as a more mature person than i was in the previous forum whilst keeping a bit of my satyrical and fun personality. From where i stand - this journey is not yet over and has a promising future.

Edited by kestas3

I found this rebirth of Battleforge when I was searching for similar games to Battleforge. There has been a large void in my gaming life while this game was taken away suddenly by EA.There isn't really anything else out there like it and is why I had started searching for something similar. Much to my pleasant surprise I found this wonderful project, that is creating Battleforge again. This game came to me in a rather tough time in my life as many people i'm sure had a very hard time financially after the market crash of 2008. I was un-employed and had a lot of time on my hands and that's when I came across Battleforge and started playing it. Right away it drew me in. Being able to collect, trade, sell on a market for cards was now my full time job. I woke up every morning with my coffee excited to see what I had sold on the market and what new cards I could acquire that day to make my deck better.Whatever I was able to sell I was trading with people in chat and loved the interaction with players and being able to barter and negotiate, were life skills I would take with me for the rest of my life. I have used those skills I learned on this game to further sites such as Ebay and created a store that I am now very profitable at. I now have a huge collection of very rare cards, coins, comics, and other collectibles that I wouldn't have if I didn't learn the basic skills of bartering and trading that this game provided.

I know I have not  been the most active on these forums, but I have been keeping up to date with all the latest news feeds, I am on the discord channel and I am following all the twitch channels and I have watched all the streams. I have a very strong background in game development and programming. I would love the opportunity to join this development team and bring back something everyone should experience. Because that what this game really is, is an amazing experience from the forge at the begining all the way through to the competitive ranked games and all the stories in between, it's just nothing really short of amazing. I love this game and would love to be apart of it again.

7 minutes ago, InsaneHawk said:

If you already own the beta, you can't participate in this, but you can still answer other's stories. :)

:( I will post a story anyway, so you have to read it <evil laugh>

---

I discovered BattleForge long time ago, I think it was 2010. It was recommended to me by two of my friends, by the nicknames of Lorentzo1 and SaChr. At first, I didn't really understand the game - cards were weird, building a deck made almost no sense to me for quite some time, I didn't understand ground presence and mostly weapon/unit size counters were something I didn't understand until much longer in the game. I immediately fell in love with PvP, because PvE felt slow-paced and monotone, and I wasn't one for grinding. I didn't think upgrades were important, so I had no idea why I kept losing. The first card I bought for BattleForge Points was Dreadcharger - I always saw players start with a swift Shadow unit that had an awesome looking, yet rarely used ability. Shadow was my hearthly element since day one, but damn, I sucked. I mostly played Frost and Shadow decks, both at an average level at best. My first useful card that I got from a Booster was Frost Mage. I used to spam them and hope for an early win. Overall, my strategy was very bad for a long time - once, I would forget a unit in a PvE deck, so I had to move towards a monument cluster with towers :P

BattleForge became a game I loved unfortunately very late. After my two friends stopped playing, I lost a lot of interest in the game, and played less and less, until I stopped totally. I now regret it greatly, but for over a year, I didn't play the game at all. Even though I put a few of my precious € in the game to buy cards I deemed OP (just because my friends beat me with it). First card I bought  for that reason was Avatar of Frost, which is a card I really hate now, for different reasons... . Anyway, after a year, during summer holidays, I felt an insane urge for a strategy game. That's all that filled my mind - "I need some good strategy game, something fun and not ordinary, something, that would keep me entertained and exiced". It took me long to remember this game, but when I did, it was the best thing that I could've done at that point.

I started over, not literally, I still had my old account, but I dove much deeper into the strategy, mechanics and backstory. I just started understanding the potential and greatness that was BattleForge. I started to watch all @FarRocks videos, I would play deep in the night and even started upgrading my cards. I wasn't rich, but I was working my first job at that time, with BattleForge in my thoughts. I don't remember how much money I spent in total, but it wasn't little for me. I didn't care, as the game was amazing - it gave me joy in the times of need, I met very friendly people in the Forums as well as ingame, and surprisingly, there was little of the cancerous sh*t when someone lost a match. I was still a great fan of PvP, but understood the importance of PvE more. The game felt like it still had progress and means to improve. I am still missing out a great point of enjoynment for me - the trading. I enjoyed the virtual economy so much, I would trade cards and feel genuine hapiness when I made even a few BattleForge points. In a week, I made over 300 BFP, which was enough for an iconic card - the one and only :wrathgazer:. The game always found a new way to entertain me and I was happy when I played it. I refered the game to a few of my friends and most of them loved it, despite my terrible explanation - try explaining BattleForge to a friend in a few sentences - with my passion for the game, I would fail to explain it simply, it was quite fun to reflect on that later.

As we all know, the terrible moment was approaching, and as anyone else, I had no clue. It struck me deep and hard to read the terrible truth what was announced ingame as "maintenance". Honestly, I never thought a game could have so much impact on me as BattleForge did, and it really was terrible to count down days until the bitter end. The end was inevitable, and I decided to enjoy the game as much as I could, for as long as I could. The day came, and BattleForge was closed. I was there until the last second, for the whole day. The game was now gone and I never believed it would come back. My Facebook background has been BattleForge-themed since, my Skype message said and still says "BattleForge lives on!!" and I never planned on changing it. It was a sad thing but it happened. I would continue to watch YouTube videos, had the full OST in my phone and I would continue drawing custom cards and charting decks in my notebooks during long boring classes in school. 

It was a bit less than 2 years since the end of good ol' BattleForge when this project was created. I found it pretty soon, the official BattleForge Reborn (as the project was called then, as you may remember) popped up as a recommended channel when I was watching a FarRocks video out of pure nostalgia... words can't describe the feeling of hope that lit me when I saw @InsaneHawk and @Dexirian talk inside the Forge after so so long... I was overwhelmed and signed up immediately, since then, I was here, almost every possible day. This project has brought up hope I thought was lost and I can't tell how happy I am to be a part of it. 

After I joined, life went on, but BattleForge was now a thing again! When Tech Alpha was announced, when I was picked as a tester, when I entered the Forge, when Alpha changed to Beta, when the name was changed, when someone asks a question in the shoutbox that is answered in the FAQ (read it :P ), when I occasionally Stream with others, when there is an official Stream, all these instances and so many more fill me with hope and determination to trust this project and I will forever be grateful for it. BattleForge holds a special place in my heart and I think it always will, as I explain in a few different threads... I don't think any game will ever be so significant, while still being "just" a game. I don't hate EA for closing it, not anymore... but I certainly love and appreciate this project and its staff for bringing it back... so much... :') Thank you for doing this, and thank you for reading. 

Looking forward to seeing you all in The Forge, Skylords!!  :bf:  <3 

I can’t remember how many years ago it happened. I can neither recall the month nor the season but one day in the past I fell in love.

When I searched the internet for a free to play game I eventually came across Battleforge. It didn’t take long to download and install. Due to excitement I rushed through the creation of my first account and ended up with the default profile picture when I jumped into the tutorial. 1st thing I learned was that the heroic looking human soldier resembling my account was a so-called “Master Archer”. Although I ended up with a little shrimp next to my name I didn’t feel much disappointed since I quite enjoyed playing them throughout the tutorial.

The game had me hooked immediately. After going through my collection of cards I abandoned the Master Archer and chose Nature as my faction to go with. Since I was not planning to spend money on the game I didn’t even bother to figure out which deck I should use in PvP. Playing PvE both solo and coop was plenty enough and I never felt bored so I stuck to it. As I played game after game I learned that every nature deck should contain a Shaman so I looked the card up on the auction house to see if I could afford one. But since I spent no money I couldn’t. I prepared myself for at least 3 months of grinding but couldn’t help to buy booster packs once or twice per week. I honestly thought I wouldn’t make it to my shaman. I was pretty demoralized at that point.

I kept on playing. The time I spent on Battleforge was amazing and I enjoyed every second of it. But that one day when I pulled my long-wished-for shaman out of a booster made the game magical to me. Ever since I had everything I needed and wanted. I felt like my deck was finally playable. Completely satisfied I played Battleforge until EA decided to shut it down.

I tried to find a game worthy to replace Battleforge. Some were quite enjoyable but none of them ever made it into my heart. I often argued about games with my younger brother and no matter which game we were arguing about we would always agree that Battleforge was the better game anyway.

One day I ended up searching the internet for Battleforge and like every other member of the forum I ended up finding this project. I can’t express the happiness I felt that day. I signed up immediately because for the first time ever I felt like I wanted to be a part of this community. Our community. And for once I want to go the entire way in the life of an online game with all of you together. From the very beginning to the very end. Enjoying every single step. I don’t write much on here. Close to nothing. I just don’t feel confident to write on a forum but I like our forum nevertheless. I chatted once or twice in the chat box and met some nice people.

This being said there is but one thing I expect from this project: Sooner or later I expect to meet all of you in the forge fellow Skylords! <3

Thanks for reading and have a nice day, I hope my story didn't bore you. 

:rolleyes:<3 

Many years ago while i was surfing the internet i saw ad that really got my attention. I didn't know what it is so i keep surfing. It really took me long time to click on that magnificent creature, and when i saw what is about i wasn't disappointed. I decided to download game and see if it will be good like i was hoping it will be. But hardest part was choosing nick like always but that decision had to be made. That was first time i decided to use nick LordKiza and after that i always used that nick or something similar.

After that hard decision time has come to play tutorial. When i started to play game it was great. I never thought it would be that great. Campaign, co-op, pvp everything was great. I played game every day and enjoyed every moment i played it. After few months of playing game i found out that one of my friend was starting to play and we really had great time. But soon after that i had to stop playing because of school i had really important exams. And when i come back to play game i lost everything. I didn't know how. It didn't want to log in to my account it was told that account was suspended but that didn't make sense to me because there were few people i played that game and no one was ever rude to anyone. 

I decided to make new account. Friends started to help me a little and give me some strong cards they known that MO was my favorite so he was one of them. I didn't play really long because it was time for my final exams so i stopped playing and i lost this account also but this time i forgot my password and my hotmail account was shut down somehow. I didn't want to go true leveling again i had to study a lot so i decided to focus on school more and then. When i get good grades to start playing and year after that when i wanted to play i saw that game was shut down i was sad because this is one of best games i played.

I didn't lose hope i was searching for some private server for game but i wasn't able to find anything. Until my friend send me this link and here we are i think 2 years from that moment we still wait. He was losing hope at some point. He heard few times from some people that project will go down but i didn't want to believe in that and i told him that everything will be fine. I didn't saw him in long time and i don't know if he still follow this project but i hope we will play again someday.

I wish i could tell more about my adventure in game but it was so long ago i forgot most of the things i still remember some battles i had but only little parts that can't really change anything to story.

I hope you had fun reading this and good luck everyone.

To Start, my story begun 6 years ago when I see someone in my family bought the game and playing it.

I was so jealous then I went to play too ! Then here we go, he finnally accepted my request and now I can play but.... I didn't played too much because he bought the game and when I play, I only play 10 minutes ._. ...

So few days or few months ago, before the game was closed, (I didn't remember myself.-.) I bought it 10 dollars because he stop to play at this marvelous game

and so after one weeks suprise *****r ****** the game closed. Just ... ! (sorry for bad language.)

But, I finnally discover this new community thanks to the person who give me 10 minutes to play. That was

ironic because he show me this forum.

Oh man. I found this game so long ago I can't remember anymore. It must've been at least 7 years ago, around the time I quit playing Battlefield Heroes. I'd seen an ad for it since it was another of EAs games, and it drew me to try it out. I was still rather new to online gaming, so I had no idea what to expect. But oh man, the game hooked me instantly. CCGs were my love in life at that point in time - YuGiOh and Magic: The Gathering were my favorite pastimes. But seeing a game where the cards literally came to life? I was in heaven :D I dove right into the game, enthralled by how the story unfolded, how the cards themselves had at least somewhat significant lore behind them, and how they would even interact with one another. In hindsight, and with a lot of coding behind me, I can see now how it was all minor touches here and there, but at the time it gave me a sense of childhood wonder I hadn't had since Runescape.

My only snare was a lack of money with which to spend on the game. I was just a kid, and my father was fairly opposed to the idea of spending money online - the idea of identity theft had him paranoid of it. Begging was non-optional, given the backlash I would see in the chat for it. So I made do with what a few friends I'd met were willing to pass off to me - some shoddy commons, but better than nothing. They let me have a t1 for fire, which let me explore past the default frost and shadow deck I had been using. Eventually we discovered that they sold box copies of the game that came with BFP and some cards along with it and I spent ALL the allowance I could manage on it (You can see I've still got a few from this post.) I'd liken the opening of these card packs, and the surge of options and ideas that came with my newfound cards, more to a religious experience than that of a game to my young mind. I even unboxed my first :wbg:, which was (as my profile picture may tell) the card I'd sought most. I loved Frost's slower, but more permanent playstyle, and to me that card was the ultimate form of it. Hard to take my orbs when there's a huge freakin' cannon in the way!

Slowly but surely I progressed through the game, making a few friends along the way. Inevitably I dove into PvP, meeting with little success but a lot of learning experiences along the way. It never rang as truly as the PvE did for me, but it was fun nonetheless. I don't remember too awful much from it, apart from that I'd ended up making a couple of (very talented, I would later learn...) friends during a skirmish when they seemed to find it funny that I'd bothered to fully upgrade a regular Firedancer, instead of just buying a promo one.

All this was great for a couple of years. I was having the time of my life, and getting slowly but very visibly better as it went on. But eventually, my account was messed with: I found myself "muted" - I could send messages in any chat I wanted, whisper whomever, but they would never respond. I could only communicate via the in-game mail system. This was sudden, and I put in a ticked with EA's customer support services. Little did I know at that time just how futile that was. After over a month of this, I was forced to make a new account and ship all my cards to it in order to play properly again as I could not send invites to games anymore. This meant throwing out ALL of my upgrades for the privilege. Hundreds of hours of work lost. This kicked me out of PvP all but entirely, and would ultimately make me slowly lose interest in the game. Eventually, I got a message from EA saying "they resolved my issue." This came about a year and a half later, during October of 2013. As you all know, it was a little late. That's how I found out the game I'd loved was about to die. Not the kindest of messages.

I've always gushed about this game to my friends that I've met since. I'd tell stories of hilarious, cheesy strategies in PvE maps or ridiculous things I'd seen or done in PvP to surprise other players. Ever since its shutdown I'd always said that if I had the resources to bring the game back, I would in a heartbeat. Fast-forward to about 3 months ago, whilst I'm hanging out with one such friend. He shows me a video he'd found on YouTube since I'd recently mentioned the game to him. Sure enough, it's the Skylords Reborn trailer video. I'm literally speechless. The first thing I do is jump to the website to see this forum, and all sorts of wondrous things in it. I hit that Card Database and I swear my eyes must've lit up like a Christmas tree with the wave of nostalgia that hit me. I hopped in with an account of my own, and after a couple days of gathering my thoughts and a few "please don't screw this up's" I threw an application on the recruitment thread. After all the times I said I'd do anything given the resources, there was no way I was gonna let an opportunity pass me by. Alas, I've come far too late to the party to be of help it seems. But I've been hanging around ever since, eager to see every inch of ground gained, every step closer to the game we all miss coming back. And I'm no less eager to pitch in however I can. 

Thank you for reading this big ol' wall of text, and good luck to everyone entering! May we all see each other in the Forge one day soon :D