Logo Winner: Poll

Kiwi

Logo Contest  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo do you like best?

Sadly due to all the great work you guys put into your logo contest entires staff can't come up with a winner. It is a tie between CyRiX, PoorJoghurt and Lukaznid, we have decided to get the community's input on which logo out of the three they like the most.

CyRiX's entry
CyRiX.png.32a9e1db1b6fd649813cad885d0aef

PooRJoghurT's entry
PoorJoghurt1.png.a2594a3acd6e220a75b70f1

PoorJoghurt2.png.fd81b6c3b7b25d844d89d85

Lukaznid's entry (not completed but staff see potential)
Lukaznid.png.e4db4f5ad8d395cf44f00bc18c6

Other entries can be found here:

Please vote above for the entry you like the most!

I voted @CyRiX, Simply because Poorjoghurts' text is very bad readable and Lukaznid's is missing the 'reborn' text...

I like the 'mini logo' that Poorjoghurts made though, maybe Cyrix can make one of those too in his art style?

Edit: I made it sound like I didn't like Cyrix's one but chose it because I didn't 'like' the others. That's not true, I really like Cyrix's artstyle and the details like the birds on the left and right and middle, and the dark clouds and light blue on the top and the bottom

Edited by SilenceKiller99

2 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

I voted @CyRiX, Simply because Poorjoghurts' text is very bad readable and Lukaznid's is missing the 'reborn' text...

I like the 'mini logo' that Poorjoghurts made though, maybe Cyrix can make one of those too in his art style?

Maybe the mini logo could be used as an icon for the launcher.

This is actually a hard decision. I feel Cyrix's is the best now, but poorjoghurt has a lot of potential. If only the text would be more visable and the dark shape would be slightly oval instead of round (so it wouldn't look like a pokeball), then I would vote for Poorjoghurt's one

My vote is on cyrix, BUT the alpha channel seems very messy, the font needs some manual shading work to make it pop and the logo kinda ends appruptly at the top and bottom (there deffinately needs to be something more, not just cut off to full transparency). What i DO like, is the colour combination and the inclusion of the "sky" theme into the logo. It deffinately does represent the project itself better than the alternatives in my opinion. I honestly would only say it should be seen concept for now, there is some work needed before it looks professional.

3 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Edit: I made it sound like I didn't like Cyrix's one but chose it because I didn't 'like' the others. That's not true, I really like Cyrix's artstyle and the details like the birds on the left and right and middle, and the dark clouds and light blue on the top and the bottom

He Said @Lukaznid's Logo Is unfinished But I see that when It's done can look Really Cool!

I Voted for @Lukaznid, Because even If It's missing a word It has the potential to look GREAT!
That's my Reason of voting for him, Yea that simple :D.

PS: It looks like he Tried to be Creative in Every letter.

Good luck For Everyone!

Ok, listen. I'd actually not vote for any of them. The only problems with why is because they're all WAY too unreadable.

CyRiX's  logo looks like it says "Skulords Reborn" (also, isn't that the copyrighted Frozen font? Forgive me if i'm wrong) it also looks like the "skylords" part needs more color, and PLEASE try a different font, one that really fits the background.

PooRJogurT's logo is cool and all, but the text needs to be more centralized, and visible. Thr colors are too washed out. I know this it to make it look more natural, but this is a colorful fantasy game after all. The logo needs to look the part.

and finally, Lukaznid'/ logo. I like the idea, mixing the elements from the original game, like the logo on the original game, although a bit untraditional. but the contrast on the logo is too big, the both dark and light really makes the logo hard to read.

i really dont like to say this, but i don't actually like any of them. Sure, they're not made by professionals, i get that. And they are impressive, but if they could fix their errors, and it'd be so much better for all of us. 

I actually had a design myself, one that would make the logo be as binding to the game as it would be iconic... but sadly i didn't get into it. I'm not good with the practical parts, i just get a lot of ideas that really dont go anywhere, and i wish i'd be better in PS, but alas, i'm not :/

i hope you logo makers read what i wrote and get to work. I really want a good logo for this game, and i do think someone here can do it. Just remember what the game is about, its colors, it's features ;)

when-you-hear-some-obnoxious-bitch-in-th

But seriously, thank you for even considering an unfinished logo :)

5 hours ago, MrXLink said:

The task was to create a logo. Lukaznid has created a logo. Sure it can be expanded upon and we hope that he can, but it is a logo, and one with potential too.

Sorry to say, but that statement does not make a lick of sense to me. If one would post a blank image, they have not delivered any proof of potential or skill. The reason Lukaznid's logo has potential in our eyes is derived from what he has delivered, and the work he has shown looks very promising and we would like to see more, provided he wins this contest. How would imagining a logo based on a blank slate show any potential? It's the work combined with the idea that proves it, not just the idea of the observer or artist.

I will finish the logo if I win for sure. If people like it then I really don't see why I wouldn't. I have the base idea made out, hopefully I can add to that with more than just words :P

They all look cool

But

The first one could use a different font, for now I read Skyloros

I would vote for the second one if the text was actually readable...

I would like to see how the third is completely finished

but for now I won't vote...

Although great job by all three designers!

Lots of respect

Edited by Neox

I voted for @Lukaznid, because I really want to see that Logo in finished form.

I do really like the other two entries, too, although I would prefer @PooRJoghurTs one of them, on the condition that he makes the text more readable.

All in all I have to say great entries from all of them, they are a lot better than mine own, but thats not surprising since i don't even have Photoshop and suck at using graphic design programs :D

@PooRJoghurT is something different and I like it a lot. Guys, do we really need clear letters (of course those letters could use some work, but personally I like it how it is now) to know that it's SR? That monument is like a statement that BF stands forever.  @Lukaznid you are very talented, but this time too lazy, your work could be a masterpiece! @CyRiX love the motives of clouds and flames on ground. And let's make it clear, you guys made it to the top and shouldn't get disappointed by the fact that there's only who wins.  :hype:

Voted for @Lukaznid's entry, because I really like the direction that one's going. I think I just tend to be a fan of that art style. 

While @PooRJoghurT's monument symbol is a wonderful idea, the full logo with text feels a bit like wallpaper. I'm not very sophisticated with artsy vocabulary, but I think this is what people mean when they say the art doesn't pop. My eyes see the full image and expect something else in front - maybe a user interface, icons, buttons, updates, news, etc. Also, SilenceKiller99 mentioned a pokeball, and now I can't unsee the resemblance.

I like that @CyRiX's logo is a throwback to the original blue/orange title, but it overall feels a little generic to me; it's just clouds and text, and my eyes want a little more in a logo/splash art. Also, not a huge deal, but a bit of cursory research seems to tell me that the color choices were picked (back around 2009?) for the official logo/splash art to match the pre-expansion "ice and fire" theme (before nature and shadow were added), and I'd like all four elements to be visually incorporated in the BFR/Skylords Reborn logo.

I would like to see @PooRJoghurT's entry updated with more visible text. I genuinely didn't even know it was there until reading the comments xD

I especially like the little monument logo. It could be used to replace a lot of the BF stuff still lingering around - e.g. a launcher icon - if need be.

• Kiwi locked this topic
  • Kiwi pinned this topic
  • MrXLink unpinned this topic