Contest: New Logo

Kiwi

1 hour ago, YT Tobbezockt said:

The actuall header would be also a infringement of these copyright?! Or not?

If you mean the same text as what they used for BattleForge then yes it is copyrighted by EA.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Yellow I would say these letters look really good! And however similar to the original font, I don't think too much of it in the 'skylords' part. The 'reborn' part however is probably derived from the original one, and I would draw them yourself if I were you. Looks like you do have the capabilities to do so!

5 hours ago, Yellow said:

ZOdXjWO.pnghRbE3Yz.png

Is something like that too similar?  I am sketching at the moment but if that is to close to the original i won't continue.

Keep doing this, it looks amazing. The problem with the logo was that it had "Battleforge" as the name, not the font or how similar it was.

6 hours ago, Chimerae said:

@Yellow I would say these letters look really good! And however similar to the original font, I don't think too much of it in the 'skylords' part. The 'reborn' part however is probably derived from the original one, and I would draw them yourself if I were you. Looks like you do have the capabilities to do so!

2 hours ago, Akaranda said:

Keep doing this, it looks amazing. The problem with the logo was that it had "Battleforge" as the name, not the font or how similar it was.

Thanks.
I asked some details. And now it seems it is fine to do it that way. So I will go on.

Here is my current process. I am not sure about it and want some feedback.
As u can see i am toying around with the Idea to fuse "OR" but i am not sure. They could also be just red and blue and appear twice.  Also i need feedback to all the Letters. untitled3.thumb.png.9b7772c93e268cfc51bd

2 hours ago, Yellow said:

As u can see i am toying around with the Idea to fuse "OR" but i am not sure. They could also be just red and blue and appear twice.  Also i need feedback to all the Letters. untitled3.thumb.png.9b7772c93e268cfc51bd

I dont know about the OR part, the idea is really good but it just doesnt look right. Maybe if you try it in some other ways...

For the rest of the letters: The red letters look really good, like they are molten lava or something, or iron being forged into letters. The blue ones however are 'meh' in my opinion. They look like the red ones but just recolored. Maybe you can make them look a bit more like water or ice? (on that note, maybe you can also make the O with some leafs/vines and the R with some shades of ghosts or skeleton bones or something).

Careful tho, such 'theme letters' could easily get to overdone or busy for a logo

7 hours ago, Yellow said:

About the color, you should think. Wiser range of colors, choose you should . 

Edited by pscsv

7 hours ago, Yellow said:

My opinion:

Keep the O and R separate for each word (and match the colors to the rest of the word), and add a simple background or artwork to the back, and then you easily have a winning/competing logo here. Really great job on the font and style.

21 minutes ago, Yellow said:

So here is my Logo. It can easily be tweaked if needed. But I have no more time till the 31. So this is it.

Unbenannt.png

I like it a lot, though I would maybe make the "Skylords" a little more blue then it is now.

Here is my attempt at a new Logo.

I thought of using the Juggernaut as the most iconic Unit in the game in the Logo and due to the horn incorporated it into the text as the L.

It could be made a bit clearer, but I'm not that good at design...

The crystals of different colors are rather obvious, referencing the crystals of the Power Wells and the different Orb colors.

Placement is based on the Combined Orbs: e.g. Frost + Nature = Stonekin and Frost + Shadow = Lost Souls, while Frost and Fire are Opposites. I know, Amii Phantom, but that is the exception...

Sadly I'm also pretty bad at colorizing, which is why the Juggernaut is uncolored and only overlaid with a texture.

If anyone likes my design, feel free to edit it ;)

P.S. I'd vote for Yellow's design, looks awesome!

Skylords Reborn v0.9.png

Edited by Mormegil