Contest: New Logo

Kiwi

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all gotta slow down, I will run out of reputation per day if this goes on with the :hype: and effort as it has so far. Great entries, diverse, amazing styles and really good work on all of them! This will be a tough contest, I can already tell :) Good luck to everyone who already posted their entry and everyone who is planning on doing so.

The next logo will be really great! ^_^

13 hours ago, angryjuggernaut said:

hey what's up this is my skylords reborn logo. 

DOPE.png

the words are barely visible, it would look better if you made them smaler and cut it out from one of the two long bars in the middle of both letter. The backround is to "much" just the letters with the image blended and the backround only with a gradient, would have been enough. but it's still good.

Edited by Scorpical

7 hours ago, CyRiX said:

My entry for this contest. Hope you like it.

I love it! The cloudy effect looks really very nice. Only thing I would personally suggest is switching up the colors, so they are not identical to the old original combination.

Other than that, the work is amazing!

10 hours ago, Scorpical said:

Okay i just made an account for this..

Nice and simple, and even though it's all "blue", you can read the text without problem - I really like that. The style overall looks very nice and the 4 elemental orb representation adds it a diversity in color as well as makes it more BattleForge-y. 

All great designs <3 

5 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:
On 24.11.2016 at 9:07 PM, Kiwi said:

Hello Skylords and Skyladies!

As you are aware there is a contest currently for a new logo for the project. To see why this is the case please check out this thread:

The winner of the contest will gain access to Closed Beta.

Rules and requirements

• Logo is required to have a transparent background (therefore it needs to be .png),
  • The size of the logo can be as big as possible but larger sizes are appreciated, it also needs to be readable at smaller sizes,
  • Logo creators should refrain from using same font that BattleForge uses or anything that is copyrighted due to legal reasons,
  • Only logos posted here will be accepted into the contest,
  • Only one logo per participant (if you wish you can help others but it will not help you get access to Beta if that entry wins),
  • Once a logo is created a full remake won't be accepted only improvements (improvements can be added until week before the closing date).

I would also like to point out that current members with access to Closed Beta may also enter and if they win they're able to invite a friend they would like to gain access.

Please post your entries below for the staff to see! The closing date for the contest is Saturday 31st December 2016 at 8PM CEST!

Happy creating and good luck!

Regards,

Skylords Reborn Team

I love it! The cloudy effect looks really very nice. Only thing I would personally suggest is switching up the colors, so they are not identical to the old original combination.

Other than that, the work is amazing!

Nice and simple, and even though it's all "blue", you can read the text without problem - I really like that. The style overall looks very nice and the 4 elemental orb representation adds it a diversity in color as well as makes it more BattleForge-y. 

All great designs <3 

A question: if you want a "high resolution" img why don't you ask for a vector graphic? because the transparency is way better for web format and easier to scale in the code.

13 minutes ago, Scorpical said:

A question: if you want a "high resolution" img why don't you ask for a vector graphic? because the transparency is way better for web format and easier to scale in the code.

I bet the original BF Logo wasn't a vector graphic neither...because you cant transfer each and every illustration into a vector graphic...that would guarantee best res in each and every size but would be hard to manage for, I bet the most of the guys...and most of the design ideas as well ;)

20 minutes ago, YT Tobbezockt said:

I bet the original BF Logo wasn't a vector graphic neither...because you cant transfer each and every illustration into a vector graphic...that would guarantee best res in each and every size but would be hard to manage for, I bet the most of the guys...and most of the design ideas as well ;)

Im just saying, because if you resize the logo from a big format into a low res it will lose sharpness. The reason they didn't need a vector graphic for the logo was because they always had 3 different sizes for their logo, it's a EA thing. They did this by making the small logo into a 300 dpi format and resizing the img with the dpi is almost no loss in quality.

57 minutes ago, Scorpical said:

Im just saying, because if you resize the logo from a big format into a low res it will lose sharpness. The reason they didn't need a vector graphic for the logo was because they always had 3 different sizes for their logo, it's a EA thing. They did this by making the small logo into a 300 dpi format and resizing the img with the dpi is almost no loss in quality.

resizing from big format to a small logo will not make it losing sharpness...what u mean is resizing from small to big.

And what u r saying about the dpi is not correct. Dpi is a value for printing and has nothing to do with the digital picture ;) ...what u mean is ppi pixels per inch...and the ppi value alone would not change the size of a picture...only the the dimensions (length x height) or the resolution (total pixels in lenght x height) plus the ppi does change the size of a picture...so u always need 3 of those values to change the actuall size of a digital picture.

e.g. u can have a 1inch(or cm) x 1inch(or cm) picture with either 100 or 1000ppi and u can also have a 1000inch x 1000inch picture with 100 or 1000ppi or even a 1000inch x 1000inch with only 1ppi.

what makes the picture sharp is the right compination out of those 3 values, therefore what makes a digital picture smaller or bigger is only the resolution or the dimensions itself. the ppi vallue can or most of the time will stay the same...even if u would not need 300 ppi in a 1inch x 1inch picture to make it look sharp because thats pretty much the size of a desktop icon ^^

another quick example is your monitor lets say it has ~24 inch(60 cm) in length with total pixel of 1920 at that side...that makes it 80 pixels per inch (80 ppi) and i would say that monitor is really sharp. so if you do a logo the size of this monitor and with a ppi value of 300 it should be more than enough for all the porposes we need it for...as you would never need a larger logo as the monitor is and even then u would only need a 80 ppi logo to let it appear sharp ;) so its nearly 4 times as much as u need minimum.

Maybe that helps some of the other guys too ;) 

48 minutes ago, YT Tobbezockt said:

dpi resizing from big format to a small logo will not make it losing sharpness...what u mean is resizing from small to big.

And what u r saying about the dpi is not correct. Dpi is a value for printing and has nothing to do with the digital picture ;) ...what u mean is ppi pixels per inch...and the ppi value alone would not change the size of a picture...only the the dimensions (length x height) or the resolution (total pixels in lenght x height) plus the ppi does change the size of a picture...so u always need 3 of those values to change the actuall size of a digital picture.

e.g. u can have a 1inch(or cm) x 1inch(or cm) picture with either 100 or 1000ppi and u can also have a 1000inch x 1000inch picture with 100 or 1000ppi or even a 1000inch x 1000inch with only 1ppi.

what makes the picture sharp is the right compination out of those 3 values, therefore what makes a digital picture smaller or bigger is only the resolution or the dimensions itself. the ppi vallue can or most of the time will stay the same...even if u would not need 300 ppi in a 1inch x 1inch picture to make it look sharp because thats pretty much the size of a desktop icon ^^

another quick example is your monitor lets say it has ~24 inch(60 cm) in length with total pixel of 1920 at that side...that makes it 80 pixels per inch (80 ppi) and i would say that monitor is really sharp. so if you do a logo the size of this monitor and with a ppi value of 300 it should be more than enough for all the porposes we need it for...as you would never need a larger logo as the monitor is and even then u would only need a 80 ppi logo to let it appear sharp ;) so its nearly 4 times as much as u need minimum.

Maybe that helps some of the other guys too ;) 

dpi is the standart measurement unit set by most graphic programs, dpi is also used by monitor measurment (even if the designer should say ppi) and yes it's definitly thought for print becaus of the print raster unit, but still the difference between ppi and dpi is for the common guy unkown and thous resulting in the saying "dpi for media is set by 72". and yes you are right it wouldn't lose sharpnes that was my failure of describing with a false word, what i meant is the pixel will be compromised and that will result in loss of pixel wich means that some details might disapear. and no if you resize a small picture from 300px x 400px with 300 dpi to ca. 600px x 800px and with the dpi value set smaller with half the size the picture will not lose sharpness because the pixel will not be stretched but relocated, but if you set a small dpi from the beginning and stretch it afterwards the picture will definitly blur

Edited by Scorpical

3 minutes ago, Scorpical said:

dpi is the standart measurement unit set by most graphic programs, dpi is also used by monitor measurment (even if the designer should say ppi) and yes it's definitly thought for print becaus of the print raster unit, but still the difference between ppi and dpi is for the common guy unkown and thous resulting in the saying "dpi for media is set by 72". and yes you are right it would lose sharpnes that was my failure of describing with a false word, what i meant is the pixel will be compromised and that will result in loss of pixel wich means that some details might disapear.

pretty rarely and not easy to say that in general.

if i draw the same kind of vector based illustration or in this case logo via hand in photoshop with a high resolution and ppi you wont be able to tell a difference...since vector based picture usually dont have that many details.

but u r right, that in a drawn picture with a hight res and ppi can be a lag of details if u scale them down. But what i experienced is that this lag of detail mostly occur in pictures which u wont be even able to make in a vector based graphic. What itself means that u can draw nearly all vector based pictures in a high res/ppi pixel based picture, but u cant do all pixel based pictures in a vector based picture.

Therefore u would only get less viable participations...thats what i think

if the logo idea isnt that complex and easy to do as a vector based graphic its always better...but for a "gaming logo" nearly impossible...mostly brand logos are vector based are realy simplistic. But correct me if im wrong :D 

think it goes to far for this topic, nevertheless the general things we said should still help one or the other i think

22 minutes ago, YT Tobbezockt said:

pretty rarely and not easy to say that in general.

if i draw the same kind of vector based illustration or in this case logo via hand in photoshop with a high resolution and ppi you wont be able to tell a difference...since vector based picture usually dont have that many details.

but u r right, that in a drawn picture with a hight res and ppi can be a lag of details if u scale them down. But what i experienced is that this lag of detail mostly occur in pictures which u wont be even able to make in a vector based graphic. What itself means that u can draw nearly all vector based pictures in a high res/ppi pixel based picture, but u cant do all pixel based pictures in a vector based picture.

Therefore u would only get less viable participations...thats what i think

if the logo idea isnt that complex and easy to do as a vector based graphic its always better...but for a "gaming logo" nearly impossible...mostly brand logos are vector based are realy simplistic. But correct me if im wrong :D 

think it goes to far for this topic, nevertheless the general things we said should still help one or the other i think

well with AI you can "redraw" a pixelimg with high photo quality, but the problem is that the gradients will be gone to some degree. On a small img though it's almost not to see that some colourscales are missing. (i peffer ps too) so enought of that...

20 hours ago, CyRiX said:

skylords_reborn_logo_wclouds.png

I really like this one! Only the font of that D and B... that is a little less good in my opinion. I think this is the best one so far. Because it represends clouds and it just has a battleforge vibe to it... (only that D and B tho...)

On 11/28/2016 at 6:16 PM, CyRiX said:

skylords_reborn_logo_wclouds.png

skylords_reborn_logo.png

Looks really good! I only wish there was a bit more interaction between the front letters and back letters. Like maybe the tali of the "y" could hook through the hole in the "e" or something. Just some effect to make it look a bit more complex then just "reborn" on top of "skylords"