Your favorite boss fight!

Riviute

Boss fights are a really important part of video games. You have to figure out how to beat it and most of the time, you will be rewarded.

The task is simple, tell me something about your most memorable boss fight in video games, either it was a really hard one, unique in the way you fought the boss or it was a funny fight. :) 

Im gonna start this with my entry:

Alatreon from Monster Hunter latest?cb=20130201170110&path-prefix=fr

This dragon elder gives you one hell of a fight. Hes swift, powerful and can attack you with a big variety of ailments, like thunder and fire. You have to fight this guy at least once alone. My first try took me around 44 minutes. With some of his attacks, he reduced my life by 85% so i ran out of potions pretty quickly. Hes really unstable and unpredictable, but he really gets annoying when he starts flying, and your chances to hit him are lowered. Always when i fight this guy, i instantly feel the adrenalin and become a bit nervous. But if you can kill him and the hunt is over, you feel so damn happy and lucky like you successfully finished an exam in school. :D 

So skylords and skyladies, tell me something about your favorite boss fights :)  Im looking forward to some interesting bosses. ;) 

My momma! Special effect: When she raises the flipflops in the air, your atk and def points go to zero :D

Jokes aside tho, idk. Some DevilMayCry bosses were pretty hard but i don't remember their names. And altho they are not bosses but the SanAndreas train mission pendejos when you had to drive by the train and let BigSmoke gun them down, idk why but it took me hours to do it and sometimes i just quit and started other missions instead :D 

Image result for wrong side of track gta 

All we had to do, is follow the damn train, CJ! xD

Idk who my favourite is, but one of the bosses I´ll always remember the most is:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/d/d2/Seymour_Flux-enemy-ffx.png/revision/latest?cb=20131004021712
Seymour Flux. Why? Zombie + Full Life, instantly killing one of your party members + his total anhilation just dealt way to much damage.

Silver Sonic, in the Game Gear version of Sonic 1. Fight wasn't that amazing but was different from the usual dr eggface fights and I was so happy to have gotten that far as this was back in the days where we didn't have savegames!

there are so many good dark souls bosses that i can't pick a single one from them. so i just won't do that and pick the flaggship from FTL. the fight is insanely intense and everything is on the line, wether your run is a success or failure is all determined here. rarely is this much on the line in a game, which makes the boss really special.

7 hours ago, Lukaznid said:

racers_c1024.jpg This glorious bastard right here. Lego Racers btw. Game of my childhood. That or this guy. 

Nice to see that someone played it too :D

I still have working computer with this game. Played it lastly 3 years ago :D

tumblr_inline_nz8fpaVG3b1r8wv64_500.jpg

Oh boy. I think that this strangely enough has to be the most memorable boss fight I have had in any game, and on top of that also one of the most difficult ones. This is Kurt Zisa, an optional boss in Agrabah, in Kingdom Hearts 1. What makes it so memorable and awesome is the way this boss messes you up. It drags you out of every single comfort zone and makes the battle incredibly challenging by stripping you from all your magical attacks and abilities, while dealing absolutely devastating blows that you can not conventionally heal in any way. On top of that, it also has the capability to neutralise all physical damage that you do, making this boss battle a matter of skill and challenge. Hard to hit, a pain to avoid, challenging abilities and a health pool to scream at. While it's definitely not the hardest boss in the game or the game series, I found Kurt Zisa to be the most memorable and tough boss that doesn't rely solely on your timing and/or QTE's like most insanely hard KH bosses nowadays (Dragon Maleficent making a close second). Phantom was also a decent one, but way too straightforward. Plus, doesn't Kurt Zisa look totally epic and threatening?

Yeah, I definitely have to agree with you @Riviute that Alatreon is a really tough, but also awesome boss in the MH series ^-^

But as for my entry... idk if it really counts but whatever, it's the End Chapter of Fire Emblem Conquest in Lunatic mode, since it's extremely difficult to do that without losing any units, which even tho it's the End Chapter, as a FE player you instictively don't wanna lose any units if you can help it xD but yeah, First of all there's the Boss, which is a possessed version of the character Takumi, which is able to shoot all your units from a big distance as long as no object is in the way, so you'll contently have to make sure you keep those defensive walls up, which will waste a turn of one of your Royal unit's turn, which generally are some of your strongest units, on top of the Enemies being really tough and more reinforcements will keep coming regularly all over the map until you can make you way to Takumi, and even then he has a lot of health, defence and Attack, and a Bow which has a Range of 1-4 (which is a lot, usualy bows have a range of 2 and are useless in close range aka 1). And oh yeah, let's not forget the fact that he is Paired up with a copy of Himself, lmao. So you'll have to be careful to not make your units commit suicide when you reach him. Not to mention that in general resources and opportunities to grind in the Conquest route is hard except if you buy the EXP/Weapons/Money DLC quest so yeah... 

All in all it's a pretty tough fight imo. But also really fun cuz it tests your abilities in how you deal with it.

1458490964eg_conq_01.jpg

Edited by EonBen

I have another entry, but not a really hard one, it was such an absurd boss fight. From Conkers bad fur Day: The great mighty poo :D

latest?cb=20110204211142

Yea... a huge pile of (sry ive got to say that) CRAP. Sitting in the middle of the room and singing opera. You always had to wait until he sing so you were able to toss toilet paper in his mouth... (wait what?!)

That didnt really damaged him, but made him angry until he was singing a high sound that a wall of glass shattered... Behind that wall was the flush and you have to get there successfully to pull it and then the boss was just flushing... 

aid1511210-728px-Beat-the-End-in-Metal-G

Oh BOI, it's my moment.

The End.

This guy's a 100+ years old russian sniper, he is a god for camouflage.

he uses photosynthesis, which regenerate his life, and makes him almost invisible, even with thermal goggles.

and he's not even trying to kill you, as his mosin is non-lethal.

He also has a parrot pet that can scout you, fuck that parrot.

Edited by sylvix95

3 minutes ago, Riviute said:

@sylvix95  If i remember correctly that there was a real funny easteregg with him, when you saved the game right before that fight, and then dont play this game for 2 weeks and you load the game, that the End actually died because of his age? :D

There was this, and you could also kill him in a wheelchair after a cutscene, long time before the fight, after that the body exploded and one of the wheel would fly to you and almost kill you. :') happy memories.

Edited by sylvix95

• 2 weeks later...

I just fought a difficult but great boss fight in Hotline Miami. There is two pink panthers who are very quick and take two hits to kill each, and you fight with a trophy. Then the female has a katana and throws ninja stars at you, and you have to throw the trophy at her and hit her, if you miss you die, then you slam her face into the glass eight times, very brutal till she dies. Then the guy in the chair has duel uzis and you have to throw two shards of glass at him to chop his arm of, and if you successfully do all of that, the guy then shoots himself and you win. This took me literally more than 100 times, very fun and difficult boss fight to a very insane fast pace and brutal game. 

big_1421587382_image.jpg

Suddenly it struck me when I saw the title again. I have yet to add 3 of my personal favourites to this list.
@MrXLink  might remember the first one.

The one, the only. Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 2. The hours I spend trying to defeat this Boss. The satisfaction of finally beating him. Holy hell, that fight was amazing.

kh2-sephiroth.jpg

The second one is someone I like to call "eater of my sanity" It´s the one, the only Feral Chaos from Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy. For everyone who doesn´t know that game, it´s a 3D fighter. Not a turn based game at all.
A short history lesson on this boss. If you played the first game and declined the tutorial, you are a level 1 Lightning forced to fight him. I personally think this version of the fight is possible, but I can´t be bothered trying it.
He also is the final optional boss of the game, there is no guide on the internet that doesn´t tell you "Go cheese him, if you don´t wanna gl makeing your strat" and I was that kinda guy who actually beat him without cheesing at all. This fight is so unfair, The game allows you to use 5 chrachters against him. Even with 5 chrachters this fight is insane. He basicly one shots you in case he get´s in a hit. So you basicly have to have a perfect fight against this guy. But just like with Sephiroth, there is a gigantic feeling of satisfaction when you beat him without any cheese strat.

Feral-Chaos-Final-Fantasy.jpg

And the final one, probably the craziest one to beat. His name? Pringer X : Poison from disgaea 4 in the land of carnage with max strength enemies.
9Lca8561.png

Yes, a penguin. Why? Look up a youtube vide of this guy and look at his stats.  Ever heard of a game having an "Equipment Check" this guy is the ultimate one. This guy is the kinda boss that you walk up to and try to see IF you can deal ANY damage to him. And for the first couple of HUNDREDS of hours you won´t deal any damage to him.
Did I mention there are 8 of him?

(To anyone saying "What´s up with Baal" to be fair, I haven´t fought him yet, the unlock requirements are just insane)

Edited by Shotty