petition for student bar

DefAnske

Hey Guys!

I know this has nothing to do with BF, but it is verry important for a lot of people of my university (TU Berlin).

The reason I am posting this here is, because the students of our factorial are treated very unfair, and you can help us do something about it.

Our most famous bar on the campus, completly voluntary managed by students who spend a lot of time and hard work for it, is threatened to get closed by the university.

To fight back we need a lot of support by everyone we can find, I wouldnt bother you with it if we would have any other option.

I would really appreciate if you could sign this online petition, even if its in german, the key message of it is already in this text.

https://www.change.org/p/tu-berlin-erhaltung-des-café-erdreich-s?recruiter=369408232&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I am sorry to advertise for something here, but that bar means a lot to our whole university, and every signature counts!

Best regards,

DefAnske

Hey DefAnske,

as a fellow student in germany I want to sign and help with your petition but I have a question first.

On the side it says that the Cafe is threatened because of the "public construction authority" (rough translation of "Bauamt"). What are the reasons they give for closing down the cafe?

Because in all honesty I cannot think of ANY reason for them to interfere into a small student lead cafe.

Best Regards,

Tam

No one really knows yet, why the cafe is closed. The only reason they said is because of "deviation from the agreed usage". As it sounds the students didnt use the cafe just for things, they were allowed to do it. This cafe is a meeting place for students of the TU Berlin, for drinking, relaxing, but also for events from the TU. But they were allowed to do it. I don't know what happened, that the TU want to close it.

Hello Drezrak,

I see, I'm asking because they could have good or bad reasons to close it down and I couldn't find anything at all using google on that topic (just the homepage of the cafe and some other news articles that have notcing to do with it closing down).

In that case I will sign the petition, hopefully they will at least tell you guys what this is about and hopefully refrain from closing it.

Greetings,

Tam

2 hours ago, Drezrak said:

There will be answers the next days, maybe today. But for now it is closed. Till 15.10. the community has to get out of the location and has to remove all their equipment.

Hello Drezrak.

If you could post here again after getting more information we (or at least I) would appreciate it.

Good luck to you,

Tam

1 hour ago, ferevus said:

I'd need more information before i sign it sorry. 

No need to be sorry. It's good to inform, before you sign something.

@DefAnske

Hochschule Mittweida is going to be informed about this petition. Maybe more will follow.

1 hour ago, Tam Hawkins said:

Hello Drezrak.

If you could post here again after getting more information we (or at least I) would appreciate it.

i try my best.

Sorry for the little informations, I will try my best to describe it in English.

The bar at issue, called "Café Erdreich", is a completly voluntary projekt by students for students of the Technical University of Berlin.

The room is made available from the manegement of the university since like 10 years now.

We are in charge of a lot of services for the university, like events for the first semesters, meetings for students, professors and employees, and we are something like a center for everyone to find personal tutors, fellow students and also friends for life.

Now the university has threatened to take away that room from us, because of misuse.

This message reached us 7 days before we had to leave the room completly empty (15.10.), what is verry bad timing, because the new semester starts next week (17.10), and there was a lot of programm planned for the new students in that room.

All in all this threatening was more or less only indebted by verry bad communication from the university, the district office Berlin-Charlottenburg and some university employees who just dont like students at all.

Sometimes there were some complains about loudness against us, and some people also complained about the fact that we were selling beer, what really never was a problem at our university.

The big blame was, we were using that room only for drinking and parties.

All this complains were only send to the managemant of the university, and not to us, wich made it impossible for us to react to it.

We are at the moment at a point, that it is already pretty unlikely that we are getting closed, because the whole campus is running crazy by supporting us, and also the most professors and even the university-president is on our side.

So I want to thank all of you for your fast reactions and your attention, and sorry for my very bad English :)

Best Regards,

DefAnske

So, the TU Berlin have decided to close the "Cafe Erdreich". The TU already have decided what happens after. They don't wanna let the students use this room anymore.

Reasons why the TU want to close it: failure to comply with prohibitions on smoking; negligent trigger of alarm; advertising for sale alcohol via internet.

Actually all of this happened. There is no excuse for this.