Developers fix this bug!

Luuge

Hello!

ive found a bug in the forum.

When your gonna quote what a another person said you can change what they said. Like if someone said "hey, thats pretty good" you can press quote and change the text so it look like he said (Tomas said "i have a pony") but he didnt say it.

Sorry if this is not a good description of the problem but if you understod me please respond in the comments. :)

Just now, Wolfsreiter said:

How should he fix it? He is not an admin. Neither he is a moderator.

Oh just saw that but can we spread to one of the developers that it needs to be fixed.

Just now, Shotty said:

You know. the thing about quotes is that you can usally read the original source and see that way that the false "quote" is not a quote but a fake.

I just used that to demonstrate that it can be annoying if someone makes a false "quote" with a another persons name (said).

44 minutes ago, Luuge said:

Hello!

ive found a bug in the forum.

When your gonna quote what a another person said you can change what they said. Like if someone said "hey, thats pretty good" you can press quote and change the text so it look like he said (Tomas said "i have a pony") but he didnt say it.

Sorry if this is not a good description of the problem but if you understod me please respond in the comments. :)

There is no need to fix this as it is prohibited to fake quotes in the Forum Rules:

3. Impersonation
Along with this being seen as pathetic, impersonating a BattleForge Reborn staff member or forum user to do harm, create fake posts or announcements in order to make others believe they originate from the impersonated person, or unjustly cause confusion among other users will result in immediate account suspension for an indeterminate duration without warning.

This can indirectly also be found in Rule 2 (The parts i mean are fat and underlined):

2. Spamming and/or Trolling
Spamming as well as trolling is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, gibberish, or any repetitive/successive posts of the same content
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest and disturbance within the forums or (parts of) their community
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making severely off-topic posts outside of the Off-Topic forum board that may ruin the thread, and insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Making senseless or other rule 2-infringing posts to increase rank
  • "Adding fuel to the fire" or ensure the continuation or lengthening of fights, harassment, insults, and flame wars
  • Abusing the Report tool (false alarms, nonsensical messages)
  • Posts marking a thread numbered, IBTL, TL;DR, or any other fad statements
  • Creating duplicate accounts for whatever reason

Mind that these rules apply as much to the Off-Topic board as to any other forum board. Examples of any of the above will be deleted at sight. Depending on re-occurrence and/or the severity of the section 2 violation, this may result in warnings or direct account suspension or restriction for an indeterminate time.

I am certain that the BFR-Team is highly aware of this and will definetly restrain the abuse of faking quotes.

For the full set of Forum Rules, go here:

1 hour ago, Treim said:

There is no need to fix this as it is prohibited to fake quotes in the Forum Rules:

3. Impersonation
Along with this being seen as pathetic, impersonating a BattleForge Reborn staff member or forum user to do harm, create fake posts or announcements in order to make others believe they originate from the impersonated person, or unjustly cause confusion among other users will result in immediate account suspension for an indeterminate duration without warning.

This can indirectly also be found in Rule 2 (The parts i mean are fat and underlined):

2. Spamming and/or Trolling
Spamming as well as trolling is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, gibberish, or any repetitive/successive posts of the same content
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest and disturbance within the forums or (parts of) their community
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making severely off-topic posts outside of the Off-Topic forum board that may ruin the thread, and insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Making senseless or other rule 2-infringing posts to increase rank
  • "Adding fuel to the fire" or ensure the continuation or lengthening of fights, harassment, insults, and flame wars
  • Abusing the Report tool (false alarms, nonsensical messages)
  • Posts marking a thread numbered, IBTL, TL;DR, or any other fad statements
  • Creating duplicate accounts for whatever reason

Mind that these rules apply as much to the Off-Topic board as to any other forum board. Examples of any of the above will be deleted at sight. Depending on re-occurrence and/or the severity of the section 2 violation, this may result in warnings or direct account suspension or restriction for an indeterminate time.

I am certain that the BFR-Team is highly aware of this and will definetly restrain the abuse of faking quotes.

For the full set of Forum Rules, go here:

Exactly this.

/Closed.