Path of Exile Guild

Kiwi

@Archeon Great to hear that you want to give it a shot!

Let me start by saying: Path of Exile is extremely new-player unfriendly. Please don't be scared off by this. I'll give you some advice:

- Go trough the options and enable everything you might find usefull (hp bars, minimap etc.)

- Download a loot filter. It will help you A LOT with learning what item is more worth than the others, or which can be used for something.

Pre-made loot filter that a lot of people use is Neversink Lootfilter: https://github.com/NeverSinkDev/NeverSink-Filter/releases

All you need to do is download it, copy the "REGULAR" filter into the directory of your game and selecting the filter in the options of Path of Exile. (there is a README file aswell that explains it)

For ingame advice: Go for A LOT of life nodes in the skilltree. If you don't go for life, your character won't go far.

As in loot: Pick up yellow (rare) items, identify them using Wisdom scrolls, and use them if they are better than your current gear, or sell them. Most of the time, the other loot isnt worth it. (aside from currency items (alteration, chromatic, augment, fusing etc).

As gear, Try and get health and resistance first. After that usefull damage stats.

Do know, if you don't follow a guide (which is fine!), your character won't be perfect and maby be unable to reach end-game (cause of health or other points wrongly used in the skilltree). There is nothing wrong with it! You will only learn from it.

If you have any more questions just ask! I't's probably pretty quiet right now since the league is almost over and people just wait for the next league (as am I).

Let me know your Ingame name (character or account) and I will add you to the guild! Hope to see you soon :)

Ok, so I managed to get the ranger to the end of Act 3 and then started playing in Breach. Currently have a Witch and a Marauder near the end of Act 1 and still have no idea what I want to play! I like the Witch more i think, and have been taking her the summoning route with zombies, skeletons and spirits, but I've also played around with spark and essence drain and both seem fun too. Any suggestions on what is likely to be a better build for a beginner?

I see a lot of guides showing Witch builds as shield based rather than life, and as I understand that's usually more expensive, should I give it up and go melee instead? Would be good to see people in game too, quite enjoying it so far!

1 hour ago, Archeon said:

Ok, so I managed to get the ranger to the end of Act 3 and then started playing in Breach. Currently have a Witch and a Marauder near the end of Act 1 and still have no idea what I want to play! I like the Witch more i think, and have been taking her the summoning route with zombies, skeletons and spirits, but I've also played around with spark and essence drain and both seem fun too. Any suggestions on what is likely to be a better build for a beginner?

I see a lot of guides showing Witch builds as shield based rather than life, and as I understand that's usually more expensive, should I give it up and go melee instead? Would be good to see people in game too, quite enjoying it so far!

Yes, CI(energy shield) is more expensive than Life based charachters, but you also get 100% immunity vs chaos damage.

I myself am currently playing a Summon Raging Spirits Witch as my league starter, and well, getting upgrades is pretty hard as you mostly have to go self found with Energy shield, since good energy shield gear is kinda expensive.

For reaching late game for the first time I´d recommend either Flameblast Totems, or maybe Essecen Drain/Contagion combination. Look up a guide for the one appealing more to you. They are both fairly cheap and require little investment of currency to get while still being decently fun to play.

Edited by Shotty